Author Topic: Is 7mo old ready for two naps?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Is 7mo old ready for two naps?
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:52:12 am »
Recently, my 7.5mo old started waking up very early mornings. Most times, I would FINALLY get him back to sleep after about an hour. Today, however, he just wouldn't go back to sleep so I gave up after an hour and went downstairs for some coffee. This was at 5:30am. It was the same story yesterday.

Anyway, because of these eeeeeearly mornings, his naps have been getting bumped up, but I'm worried he's getting too much daytime sleep.
Normally, this has been his schedule:
6am wake up
8:30/9 nap (45-1hr)
12:30 nap (1.5-2h)
catnap on the go or in a carrier (20-45min)
Bedtime 6:30

For the longest time, bedtime was 6pm like his two siblings, but I read that his wakefulness could be because he's in bed for longer than he's capable of staying asleep so I've been pushing it later. I don't know.

Anyway, there are many days when the catnap just doesn't happen. Should I drop it altogether? How should I tweak the rest of the schedule then? The two constraints I have are that 3x week my other two attend preschool, so we are on the go at 9am and at 2pm.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Is 7mo old ready for two naps?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:57:26 am »
HI, does sound like he is ready to drop the CN now Can you push the first A time so he naps when you get back from the school run?

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=164030.0