Author Topic: 13 months standard EASY routine?  (Read 7043 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 13 months standard EASY routine?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2017, 19:06:00 pm »
fingers crossed you'll get there smoothly.

Offline JCN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 07:39:21 am »
So, we’ve been battling on with the one nap EASY as this:

WU 5-6am
S 11:30/12 (for about 90mins, with resettles and support)
BT 7pm

He is still waking several times in the night, usually from 3am onwards, but then it seems to be hourly. He is still not having a consistently long enough nap either.
Day care are struggling to stick to routine, which isn’t helping.

Anyway, over the last week, we’ve been out and about a lot so I have tried my best to work around naps and have kept his BT set at 7pm, regardless.
There were 2 nights where he slept straight through from 7pm-5:30am (well, it includes NWs...but where he moaned for all of 20secs and settled himself back off) and after looking for the common denominator on these I’ve realised they were both days where he ended up having a nap in the car earlier in the day than scheduled  & then again  around mid afternoon, therefore only having 3.5hours to BT, rather than 5 hours A time.

I’m now thinking that perhaps the 5 hours A to BT is making him OT & that’s where we are struggling.

However, what brought me to this board in the first place and promoted the switch to 1 Nap originally was the fact that he was resisting his PM nap ( old routine saw 1 Nap at 9:30 for 1hour and 1 Nap at 2:30/3 for 45-60mins) So now I’m lost as to whether I’ve changed his routine when it wasn’t necessary. But he definitely wasn’t napping well on our previous EASY...

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 14:47:29 pm »
I’m now thinking that perhaps the 5 hours A to BT is making him OT & that’s where we are struggling.
Yes, that's the sense I got even reading your post before getting to this bit.  I agree with you.

Would it be an option for you to try for a car nap daily in the morning, even a short one?  And then the longer mid afternoon nap at home?  If that is possible then perhaps that could help for another month or two until he's ready to try again on the one nap.
If it is not possible I think moving the nap later is on the cards and perhaps an earlier BT too.

What about
nap 12 (not 11.30)
BT 6pm
??

Offline JCN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2017, 06:42:35 am »
Sorry for th delayed response- been a busy week.

LO is now consistently sleeping through from 7pm-4:30/5am with no NWs in between. This is true for days where he’s had 1 nap or 2.
In day care he’s consistently sleeping 11-1, and then having a 7pm BT at home (normally with a 10min car nap around 5:30pm when he is picked up- which I literally can’t do anything about) At Home, some days he’s shattered by 10:30 and other days not until closer to 11:30.
I haven’t been able to consistently try 2 naps as it’s not always possible to take him out in ththe car and when trying at home, he mostly refuses an afternoon nap and seems UT.

I had tried an earlier BT during the transition (and many times in the past on odd days or phases where hes refused naps)  period and I always have the same problem - he’s a 10hour ON sleep child and this always results in a horrendously EWU.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:44:10 am by JCN »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 18:54:35 pm »
Sorry for the delay in replying, I lost my internet at home.
Back now though.
Sounds like things were moving forward though - how are things now?