Author Topic: 9 weeks old and 2 hour awake times?!  (Read 3890 times)

Offline eeleahm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:02:06 am »
i have 9 week old twins and sometimes they do 2 hours awake time in the afternoons! anyone else have this?! in the morning they seem to be tired around the 1 hour 15 min mark... but sometimes they are happy and completely awake until 2+ hours later in the day...

I also find when they do that cat nap around 5pm/6pm it screws up the evening and they want 2 hours awake after it before they are finally sleeping! pushing bedtime pretty late! ah!

thoughts???

Offline FaithfulMom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 20:29:04 pm »
My little guy did that too. He’s now 13 weeks but he would smile at 2 hours no problem, and then crash. I noticed he does this if he falls asleep while breastfeeding. Are you BF or bottle-feeding? Another thought is that they could just not be showing obvious sleepy cues. My little guy would talk more and try to engage even when sleepy.

Maybe try to do a wind-Down around 1hr-1hr15min mark and see if they start getting sleepy. A dark room or quiet singing / activity. Do you have a nap routine?

Congrats though on your twin babies! Lots of work but keep it up!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 20:33:35 pm by FaithfulMom »

Offline eeleahm

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:22:26 am »
thank you for your reply! we figured out they needed 1.5 A time, now they are 20 weeks and we are at 2 hour A times :) (sometimes they want 2 hours 15 min!! not even 5 months! but being #3 and #4 in the family, they get constant stimulation from siblings!)