Author Topic: Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!  (Read 97663 times)

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #825 on: October 13, 2005, 02:35:51 am »
I hope no one took offense to my earlier post (there seems to be a bit of negativity going around this site lately)...

Christine - I like your suggestions.  I think one of the problems with the thread is that there are too many people to respond to, and it's like if you don't, then you're leaving people out.  At least that is how I feel.  Like I didn't care enough to respond to certain people's posts.

Anyhow, I think it would be good to start a new thread, and just let people share as needed, and people can respond as needed.  Although I don't want anyone to feel "snubbed" if their post isn't responded to.  It's a fine line, I guess.

Anyway, I will probably not post as much, but I will continue to read!

And I'm dead serious when I said the debate forum is busy - trying to keep up with some of those debate threads can get very involved!  Whew!  I'm exhausted just reading them!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #826 on: October 13, 2005, 03:53:38 am »
hi everyone - OMG i feel like i opened a can of worms!!

I hope that no one who was relatively "new" took offense by my post.  i did not mean to offend anyone.  i probably shoudl have taken longer to re read my post etc but hat is part of the problem - limited time to focus my attention - and you ladies deserve more focused attention  :wink: Obviously I (and Branwen) was not alone in how i was thinking... anyway i hope everyone feels comfortable with each other still and i do read every day i just did not have the energy to FOCUS and I swear sometimes i woudl read everything and then see someone respond to a post and i never even saw that info (i am like - was i reading the same post?  :oops: )

anyway - i am a moderator of this board and can lock this thread and start a new one if you like - i would love to still be involved and maybe a fresh start is all we need.

Quote (selected)
Please do not feel obligated to respond to everyone everytime you post a reply. In other words, do not feel that you need to "catch up" with everyone! I know I have felt this way before! Stressful!
 Respond only to the questions you feel confident about answering.
 If you want, pop in to just tell a story or share some great news!
 If you have a questions that no one here seems to be able to answer, post it elsewhere. There are A LOT of intelligent people lurking on this site
!

how would you feel if we stopped this thread and started  a NEW jan/feb thread with Christine's points as part of the first post so new readers can feel comfortable?

let me know what you want to do.

also - Thanks Tarri - you have personally always kept me sane about olivia's feeding.  sometimes it really helps to know someone is in the same boat and you always have practical advice to keep me more sane and relaxed about it all.  she shocked us this morning and took 170ml (6+ oz) at first bottle  :D  (she had woken at 6:20 but did not get bottle until 7 so maybe she just needs time to wake up more before offering the bottle)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline julieb

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • I think I need a bigger pool.
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #827 on: October 13, 2005, 04:31:45 am »
Deb, I think that's a great idea to start a new thread with those tips.  Also, I'd suggest making the title something to the effect of "The NEW Jan/Feb 05 moms chat" OR "A Fresh Start -- Jan/Feb 05 moms chat", just so newbies catch the drift.
Julie
DS 1/31/05 (spirited/textbook but a touchy sleeper)
DD 10/15/10 (textbook/angel/spirited)

Offline Deb_in_oz

Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #828 on: October 13, 2005, 05:26:37 am »
thanks - i will leave it until tomorrow morning my time (Thursday night in US / Canada) and see if anyone objects.  then i will lock this thread and start a new one and post the tips assuming this is what everyone wants.

i have missed you guys and hope that with a very relaxed feel to it a new thread is what we need to reconnect and make everyone feel less stressed - this is supposed to be fun and supportive without any pressure  :D  and i woudl love to have some lighthearted chat.

Daniel's mummy

Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #829 on: October 13, 2005, 08:03:51 am »
A new thread sounds great.  Thanks everyone.

Offline herbst99

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #830 on: October 13, 2005, 08:21:53 am »
I totally agree with the new site - as my Lise is not "really" an Jan/Feb baby - 4march I am maybe trespassing where I shouldn't be!?
but I found that all the people and babies here could help out with questions more as you have gone through them already - and I also get a better idea on what to expect.
I look forward to visiting the new thread and saying hi to all!!
Nikki - Mom of Lise and Cara

Offline Deb_in_oz

Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #831 on: October 13, 2005, 08:39:03 am »
ok - i don't write lately and now i am on the thread all day!

i will lock it after i put the kids down for the night in an hour and then start the new thread so it will be there when you NorthernHem. people wake up.

BIG GROUP HUG

Nikki - thanks for your note.  i don't have any family in Oz (neither does Dh who is from England).  my support group is good - i went again today and it made me realize something so i am excited to get stuck in next week (first 2 weeks were setting goals and getting to know the other 7 members and their situations)  Tonight there is a couple session but again, no babysitter and too difficult, but still 10 weeks x 2 hrs is a lot of work to make some progress.