Author Topic: I don't know if this will work - but I need to do something!  (Read 2959 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
I don't know if this will work - but I need to do something!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 17:40:59 pm »
Kate - thanks for the thoughts, that is kinda where I was leaning too.

Update - I am trying to get him to go 4 hours, but if he can only go 3 I won't let him cry for an hour till the next feed! We will try and push a little further each time and see how it goes.

The last 2 nights he was only up twice! About 2 and 5, then up for the day at 6:30ish.
We'll see what the time change does to us!
Both times he nursed and fell asleep. Woke up slightly as I put him down and went back to sleep. We are going to try "weaning off" feeding - at least at one of the feeds.

Thanks for all help - there is a little improvment so I am glad!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
I don't know if this will work - but I need to do something!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 20:16:20 pm »
Jennifer, do it gradually, you may find there is one feed he happily extends & others that are harder.

2 ways... extend each by 15mins every few days or work on extending 1-2 feeds & then the others... it can be a bit messy.

you don't need them all to be 4 hours & it never needs to be an exact thing either for some babies. Liam goes about 3.5 for most of his & one 4hour, because he goes a long stretch 9-10hours at night (second bub - angel & I am more clued up) so to get 5 feeds in I can't do 4 hourly. On the flip side, my niece 4mo, won't feed closer than 4.5 hourly & often 5 hours & so my SIL is stuck with a night feed (also second bub) because K will not feed in under 4.5 hour ever!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05