Author Topic: Waking up to come in for a cuddle!  (Read 987 times)

Offline francesm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking up to come in for a cuddle!
« on: December 16, 2005, 23:08:40 pm »
Hi

My LO has just started sleeping through (he is 5 months) but the problem is that now instead of waking for a feed, he is waking up a bit later and crying until I lift him in beside me and as soon as I do this, he falls straight to sleep - monkey!!  Any advice anyone, I have tried holding in his dummy and not lifting him in but he just won't go back to sleep - he does this at exactly 5am every morning!  Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Waking up to come in for a cuddle!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:17:28 am »
Sounds like he has come to expect that to happen...like bedtime happens so they know it is the long sleep, he has become acoustomed to you taking him into bed... the only way to stop it is to not do it... it may mean you spend 2 hours trying to get him back to sleep for 3-4 days, but with 5/6am ish happenings, the longer you leave it the harder it is to break the cycle... it is when they tend to go into the last deep cycle of sleep, but before they do they have a very light sleep cycle... often talk/whimper even if asleep & if they get disturbed a couple of times, then it becomes a bit of a problem... like you have now.
Unfortunately there really isn't an easy way I know of to break it except to do the hard yards :cry:
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05