Author Topic: Suddenly sleepless nights at 6 months...  (Read 6126 times)

Offline hallas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2006, 22:59:13 pm »
Thnx Karen for info,

Food wise twins take about 6 heaped (baby) spoons, although I only give the dessert an dinner time, milk wise they average about 5-8oz each feed! so I suppose they are not far off.

Sleep wise girls are still getting up, however only once as opposed to 3 times.  Eating wise today they have been fussy so am expecting a fussy night.

I am giving them milk when they get up, in a way I feel thats better than giving water and getting up 3 times a night ( maybe thats made a difference).

I find that they are sound asleep at 7am ish but I do get them up at 7.30, to start the day off.  I have found that their morning nap is longer now as they are catching up on their night sleep approx 1.5hrs ( which they hardly ever did mainly got  up after 40-45r mins).

neither of the girls are rolling over yet, in a way I wonder why but on the other hand it seems to cause a few sleeping issues, so suppose can wait.

Sonia

any tips for teething?anyone tried Ashton & Parson powders? I just tend to use Dentinox

Offline obi1d

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 22:39:12 pm »
Hi Corrina

Sorry for delay in replying, we've been away this weekend visiting family. 

I still have DD on regular milk.  I feed her solids until she refuses generally, but maybe I should try hungry milk?

Having said that, we have had two good nights.  Fri she stirred a few times with a little cry but managed to settle herself and Sat, she stirred in the evening and woke when DH went to be (she was in with us in the travel cot) but once she was off she slept through til 6am.

Tonight she's been a little unsettled this evening, but I am feeling hopeful of another good night.  The only things I can say that I have done different on the last couple of nights are 1. I have switched the night light on on the monitor and 2. I have sat with her for 15 mins or so whilst she has fallen asleep (without my intervention or her crying).  She fidgets around for a while, arms flapping, legs up and down, occasionally I'll help her with her arms by just getting her to hold my hands for a little while.  When she stops flapping, I take my hands away and she just drifts off feeling reassured that I'm there and seems to settle for the night.  When I think she's pretty much asleep I creep out.  Not sure if its worth any of the others trying this, but when you feel desperate, anything's worth a try right?! :)

I'll see how tonight goes, but like I say, she seems a little more unsettled tonight, could be the 2.5 hour car journey in a new car seat or it might be teeth, it seems like a pain type little cry.

Off to sleep now.... :shock:

thank you
Karen

Offline obi1d

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 22:47:17 pm »
Just a quick reply to Sonia...

Yes, I've used those powders and they seem fine, a friend uses them all the time with her twins (they're a year and a half) when they're teething.  I have recently bought some Calbuprofen from the makers of Calpol as it reduces swelling and inflammation too.  I spoke to the pharmacist in Boots to check that it was ok, as I think DD has lots of movement going on in the gums and its bothering her.  She's got 2 teeth, first one at 4 months so I think they may be sorting themselves out in her gums, even if they're not breaking through for a while!  I have only given it to her twice as a last resort, following trying to sooth her in other ways and she seems to settle really well.

Anyway, more chatting tomorrow.... goodnight!

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: Suddenly sleepless nights at 6 months...
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2006, 09:57:25 am »
Sorry to have taken so longer in replying (overtired DD trying to get her back into the routine).  It sounds like your on the road to recovery.   :)
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline obi1d

• Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Suddenly sleepless nights at 6 months...
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 13:09:42 pm »
Hi

Can now report that dd now goes off at night on her own again (at for the moment) and is sleeping right thru without a peep, phew!  I think we got into a cycle of overtiredness and although I'm still struggling with daytime naps (that's another story on another board!!! ;) ) things are much better.

Hope others have had some progress too.  Life is so much more enjoyable with sleep in it!!! :)

Thanks all
Karen