Author Topic: Not sure where to post (leaky diaper)  (Read 5719 times)

Offline tiki_mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: Not sure where to post (leaky diaper)
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 09:02:01 am »
home alone - sorry, only just saw your question  ::)

i find the cloth nappies work great at night, if your lo is used to them during the day then there shouldn't be a problem at night. obviously it depends on how much your DD wets. if she's a heavy wetter then you'll have to put lots of boosters in (& she'll look like she has an ENORMOUS bum!!) but i generally only use 2 microfleece liners (the ones that came with the Tots Bots Fluffles - which is the nappy i use) and a well lanolised wool wrap  :)

that forum gives you loads of good tips!

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 22:48:30 pm »
I use the Huggies overnights too w/ my 5 mos old dd.  I order the size 3's on line at drugstore.com b/c they never have them in the store.  she still leaks thru them somtimes though...esp in the back like you were saying.  we've even stopped the df and she still leaks.  but i think they work well overall. 

Offline summersusu

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 14:26:32 pm »
ARGGGGGGGGGG >:(
So I bought the Overnight Huggies and he was fine one night and then this morning at 5:30 he was restling around and when I went to soothe him his back was soaked!
On top of that I have been trying to get him to sleep past 5am (he wakes and I give paci and he plays and eventually may go back to sleep for a bit).  So last night I extended his wake time before bed a bit to see if he would sleep past 5am and all efforts out the door cause of the &^%^$*$%)%&^$%$*&)%&^(%)&^)&%(%(%(&% diaper leaking  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
Anyway, maybe I will not only try one size up Huggies Overnights but also put a pad in it.    :P

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 15:11:46 pm »
Lol
I can tell you I have tried all the diapers, all the next size up, 3 differnt kinds of maxi pads.  The only thing that works for us and my Super Soaker is a Huggie Overnight and a Diaper Doubler!

Good Luck

Zoey

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 17:02:31 pm »
Stupid Question... :-[ :-[

What is a diaper doubler? :-[ :-[
Judy

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 17:12:13 pm »
I had posted the link on the first page:  http://www.tinytots.com/shopping/tushies/tushies_mates.html - they work great

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 18:09:49 pm »
Next Size Up Diaper and A Diaper Doubler has been the magic combination for us.  We've tried the Huggies Overnight when they were on clearance, but the normal Huggies work for us just fine with the doubler.  Used to be able to buy them at Albertson's (US only) but now I have to get them online.  I think a link was already posted.

When I was out of doublers, I tried a maxi and it was a total soaker for us.  But, I was using Always with wings and it got max'd out and then blocked the diaper from being able to absorb. 
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 23:53:11 pm »
so the doublers go inside the reg diaper?  and they help w/ the leaking out of the back of the diaper?  that would be great!  i checked out the link you posted, do you know how much the shipping cost usually is?  it says no tax, is that true?!  i'm very excited about this, thanks!

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 23:59:02 pm »
They go right inside the regular diaper.  They are 100% cotton and SUPER absorbant.  Maybe get one package and see if they work - I can't remember exactly but I got a case and it was under 30 dollars that was like 2 months ago and I have only gone through 1.5 packages.

Thanks to Mom2katiebug AGAIN for telling me about them.

Zoey

Offline Mom2katiebug

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 02:20:52 am »
I actually have to reorder cuz I just opened my last package and it made me remember that there are two website that sell them and the price is slightly higher on one of them.  It's funny though when you get to the checkout page, it's the same company.  Could just be the collection/shipping company but I still didn't see any reason to pay slightly more.  I'll try to find where I ordered - could be the same link above - and repost.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline frankiesmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 16:07:34 pm »
I forgot to mention, that I also roll down the back of the diaper (or front if they are belly sleepers) which seems to stop the leaks also.  This way it can't wick out the back.  And Huggies Supreme have an elastic waist in the back which would probably help.  Mine are both belly sleepers, so I roll down the front of their diaper.
Also, when I was having alot of problems, I called Huggies and they said the overnights are equivalent to the next size up in the regular diapers.  They just charge more for them!

HTH

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Showing Appreciation 138
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 10:54:59 am »
Hi, a bigger nappy for overnight was the key for us.  DD has 2 sizes and uses the next size up for night time.

char
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8

Offline summersusu

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 13:29:47 pm »
OK so we tried the overnight Huggies with a women's pad and it leaked so my next step is to try the Diaper Doubler  :)

Offline Mom2katiebug

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 14:01:50 pm »
I'm pretty sure that this is the website I used last time.  It's the cheapest price (they don't vary by more than a couple of dollars from the 3 sites I saw this morning) and a reasonable quantity (3 pkgs; total of 90 doublers).

http://www.healthpursuit.com/Luvs.html

And one last comment on the topic...there are doublers that are made for adults with incontinence so make sure that the product you are considering is baby-sized!

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 14:16:10 pm »
ROFL now that would be comical! ;D ;D