Author Topic: TV time  (Read 3959 times)

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: TV time
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 08:05:25 am »
Maja gets some 20 min a day of TV- she loves Rolly Mo from The Fimbles on BBC Prime and just smiles so happily whenever she sees him :)  ::)
and if I have the time in the evening, maybe 10 to 15 minutes of Sesamee street. which she loves as well.

even if tv is on when she's in the room and it's not fimbles or sesamee she just doesn't pay any attention to it. but i try to have tv off when she's with us. she still has plenty of time to watch tv IYKWIM...
:)
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline M2W

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 19:33:15 pm »
Yes I'm definitly picky on what shows Weston can see...I'm not as picky of the time frame anymore, because I find it helpful when I'm trying to cook dinner, take a shower or do something that needs my full attention...so in those situations I'll have tv on for him...but baby channel (which has no commercials and only short clips of various "educational" programs...or I'll put in a video of a program that I feel is safe for his eyes. Some cartoons (like sponge bob) I'm not fond of for his age...yes it's a cartoon, but the scarastic phrases being used are too advanced for him IMHO. Some mickey mouse shows don't pass my standards either...Harry Potter for sure wouldn't cut it...yet we have friends who allow their child to be in the room playing (she's not interested in TV) while they are watching Sapranos...and that to me is way too violent for their little 1 & 2 year old ears. ;)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 00:39:22 am »
yet we have friends who allow their child to be in the room playing (she's not interested in TV) while they are watching Sapranos...and that to me is way too violent for their little 1 & 2 year old ears. ;)

Yikes!  I agree with you there.

Gigismom

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 02:11:19 am »
yet we have friends who allow their child to be in the room playing (she's not interested in TV) while they are watching Sapranos...and that to me is way too violent for their little 1 & 2 year old ears. ;)

:o  me too!!

Offline M2W

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 02:56:58 am »

:o  me too!!

Makes our concerns if Sesame Street is too much seem silly huh? LOL ;)