Author Topic: walking  (Read 1153 times)

Offline legend_018

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« on: March 05, 2007, 16:47:50 pm »
I'm not in a hurry, but everyone kept telling me once they start they never go back. My LO is 11 months old and has started taking small steps. But, she'll only take anywhere from 2-5 steps and that's it. that's the extent of it. nothing more. She has been walking around furniture and standing for quite a while now. She does balance standing up without holding on sometimes too. I'm sure it will happen soon. She is quite wobbly sometimes "lol".

<Mary>
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 16:53:38 pm »
Hi Mary, in one week it will all be over.  Your freedom that is!  :) ;)  That's how fast it happens!  Sounds like any day now.  She is just building up confidence and getting braver right now.  You are on your way to chasing your curious LO everywhere! 

Aisling x

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 17:01:53 pm »
I know, but she's been doing these tiny little 2-5 steps for over a week now. Perhaps she just isn't ready yet but can get herself to take these tine 2-5 steps. I know I know I'm sure it's about to happen. When ever we think it will happen she gives up.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 17:03:51 pm »
Talk to me in another week! LOL!  ;)

andibig

Re: walking
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 18:02:51 pm »
Mary
Perfectly normal what she is doing.Sasha cruised for ages and would only do a couple of steps unaided.rest of the time she wanted someone to hold her hand.
Then one day she just did it!!!!Now i wish she was still on all fours ::) ::)

frustratedmommy

Re: walking
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 18:28:48 pm »
My DS walked very early, 8 months...VERY competent by 9 and running at 10 months!

With DD I'm letting her take her time....If I could limit DS I would. Once they're walking there's no turning back.

Honestly with my first child, Looking back at my own attitude I was in too much of a hurry for him to reach every milestone...Not saying that that's your case, but I wish he'd crawled for longer than 2 weeks!LOL