Author Topic: Our NAET journey  (Read 9845 times)

Offline Happyface82

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 00:27:26 am »
Thank you!

Our appointment for tomorrow was cancelled as the practitioner's daughter has a stomach bug and she doesn't' want to risk us getting close. Its a bummer as I'm eager to see some results but in reality its not that bad as I can use some more time to test the egg yolk properly and the chicken. She didn't have an immediate/severe reaction but she can still react in smaller ways. So it would be good if I knew exactly where we stand before we go back! Fingers crossed for a good night tonight cause that is the first to give if smt is wrong!

Offline koe2moe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 18:28:28 pm »
FX for you and vibes xx

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 13:37:16 pm »
I finally have an update! Felt like its been ages. We went back today and she tested her for the egg white just to make sure before we try it and she seemed fine with it. She also treated her for dairy. She said she is fine with calcium altogether just not dairy! So now we can try both the egg white and dairy! Not sure what to start dairy with. Dairy would not show on day 1 probably so I'm thinking of getting a few yogurts? I'm not planning to switch her milk before I am 100% sure she is better and even then I have not decided what kind of milk I want her to have.

Any suggestions what to try her on? :-)

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 20:09:25 pm »
you can also try cheese, yoghurt, perhaps rice pudding with cow's milk, etc.  good luck!! 

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 10:55:37 am »
Just thought I would update! Katerina got the gastric flu last week. Not sure if it is dairy related. She was having a small pot of yogurt daily for 2 weeks when this happened. I have since re-introduced cheese and she seems ok with it.

We have decided to change practitioners. We like our practitioner but she keeps cancelling on us and I am too impatient to wait around. We have found someone else, she looks really knowledgable and also uses cranio-sacral treatments when needed. We will be seeing her on Monday for a consultation. She said to me that she will test for as many things as possible on session 1 until Katerina gets tired. Thats not how the other practitioner did things though I hope it would be as it would be great to find out on what else she is reacting that we are not aware of!

Koe2moe - how did your practitioner go about it?

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 21:07:00 pm »
On my first appointment, my practitioner tested the basic 15 and i had problems with 6 of them and a few things which i suspected that i had problems with.  We spent more time telling my medical history than on testing.  It took me 8 appointments to get those 6 things cleared, so i guess there was not much point in testing more.  First appointment was double time.

the last appointment i had, however, she went through almost every vials she had all over again because i clearly was reacting to something and she was trying to find it.  it turned out to be a combination but it was good to know that i was clear on all the others.  

i guess if you know more foods that Katrina is reacting to, you can already try to eliminate until she gets treated.   HTH

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 01:20:54 am »
That's what I'm thinking! Also, I will probably find out -hopefully- that there are some foods that we haven't tried yet but she is not allergic to! :-)

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »
I'm really happy with the new practitioner. She actually tested Katerina for most foods today, there is only a few left but K got tired in the end so we had to stop. We'll also test for environmental factors next time!

So far she is allergic/intolerant to: wheat, gluten, rye, yeast, nuts, fish, shellfish, vitamin K, vitamin A, cheese, yogurt, peas, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and some spices. The egg was successfully treated! Calcium was successfully treated as well only cheese and yogurt we need to redo!

She basically confirmed everything we were afraid of but hopefully she'll be fine after the treatments! She suggested a few things to introduce to her diet so that's always exciting!

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 19:25:30 pm »
 i am really glad to hear that positive update, not that it is good that she is intolerant to so many things but that you are getting somewhere, ykwim ;) 

if k is intolerant to Vit A, I was, too, then she would be reacting to carrots, too.  Was she testing foods or the food mixes?  Some are in one group, and will need to be treated for the mix first and retest for individuals. 

Yay for the egg!!

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 20:42:57 pm »
She tested her for food mixes but also for some individual foods. For example tomatoes, kiwi and peas she tested with fresh products as I said I wanted to know if she reacts to them. She has carrots almost daily and she always seems to be reacting to something so this makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. Vit A is the first we'll treat next Monday so hopefully she can have them again soon.

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 21:59:42 pm »
that makes sense!  fx for monday

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 17:28:07 pm »
i am the kind of person who can eat the same breakfast, lunch and dinner day in and day out.  When things i react to is in the group of foods, I get more and more intense reactions as time goes by.  It could be blessing in disguise that rings the alarm bell sooner rather than later. 

I wonder if i can ask you a favour.  Can you ask your practitioner if pg women can be treated or should they avoid the first trimester?  Hope you dont mind me asking.  xx

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 21:36:26 pm »
Of course I can ask! I have read on the notes she has given me that pregnant women can be treated and also that if you get treated while pregnant the foods you get treated for are going to be safe for LO in the future! So its supposed to be really good! :-)

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 02:00:29 am »
yeah i also read that but i also read that two of the acupressure points induce labour or m/c (from chinese article about acupressure points)!  Does it mean to skip those points or use some other points?

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 10:36:47 am »
mmmm Haven't heard of that! Will ask her on Monday when we next go in!