Author Topic: What did your toddler eat today?  (Read 177671 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: What did your toddler eat today?
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2007, 01:31:54 am »
Thanks Katy:  Yeah I know alot of the whinning is just him, but I also know a lot of it is not because he has done it since he was born bascially.  It was always something we blamed it on.  Once he went on hypoallergenic formula he seemed better, but still whined (looking back it was reflux).

Anyhow...  No milk/soy today!!!

An okay eating day, not much as usual though.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2007, 01:51:55 am »
Today we had:

- Breakfast: oatmeal mixed with fruit puree (small portion), few dry golden grahams, one bite of Mama's bagel, 5 ounces milk
- Lunch: 1/4 grilled cheese sandwich, 1/2 yo-baby, veggie booty, 4 ounces milk
- Afternoon snack: Refused, drank 3 ounces milk and later 3-4 ounces diluted apple juice
- Dinner: 2 Perdue chicken nuggets, 1/4 whole grain English muffin (toasted/buttered), applesauce, 2 ounces milk
- Bedtime: 3 ounces milk
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2007, 01:55:53 am »
That sounds like a great eating day to me... 

Hey Karen how did you know she could handle milk again???  Didn't she have a lot of problems when she was a baby?  Just wondering.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

binxyboo

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2007, 03:00:31 am »
Came across this site and thought it was interesting http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/toddler/feeding_your_toddler.html

binxyboo

« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2007, 04:15:45 am »
Kaleb seems to like his sandwiches. I wish Riley would eat some. I keep making them and end up eating them myself...

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2007, 04:25:24 am »
Kaleb seems to like his sandwiches. I wish Riley would eat some. I keep making them and end up eating them myself...

yuh, most of my meals seem to be eaten off the high-chair tray  ::)

well, let me see. today theron had:

breakfast: 1 tub la creme yoghurt mixed with frozen blueberries & handful of cheerios. about half a slice of wholewheat toast spread with soy butter and blackberry jam. few craisins. about 4oz milk.

snack: five or so grapes. milk

lunch: left over home-made macaroni & spinach cheese, left over cheesy baked beans, few gerber veggie crackers. milk.

snack: third of a banana. half a hob nob. a few raisins. milk.

dinner: half an amy's organic veggie lasagne. five or so grapes. few gerber veggie crackers. about 2oz of jarred oatmeal with applesauce and banana, mixed with some cheerios. few dried raspberries. milk.

binxyboo

« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2007, 04:30:15 am »
That's a lot!

Offline katriona

• where's me cuppa?
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • mmm... marmite!
    • find madeleine
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2007, 04:41:58 am »
yeah -- he has a weight gain check on monday (he's slipped down to the 5% for weight since 50% at 2 months), so we've been trying to tempt him with a variety of goodies. bits and pieces of them all seem to go down well; i'm just hoping it amounts to something calorie-wise!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2007, 15:20:59 pm »
Yahoo for Kaleb and thanks for the article, Michelle. Wendy, we never had a severe problem with milk - but it did aggravate her reflux and cause rashes when she was really small. She was on Neocate from 3-7 months and then Alimentum until 10 months and then transitioned to regular Enfamil and was fine and then transitioned from that fine to whole milk a little after a year. We have had mucousy poops as of late but think that may be teething related.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2007, 03:15:33 am »
Today my horse ate:

Boobs upon wake up then toast with hummus and a pot of yoghurt and sippy of milk

No A.M. snack today, too busy destroying my house.

Lunch:  Pasta with my secret/sneaky veggie medley (finely chopped in food processor: carrots, parsley and spinach) that is literally added to everything (I once added it to pancakes! LOL!) and tomato sauce with one turkey meatball.  1 cup of water.  He has taken to drinking from a real cup now, it all started when I let him drink from a plastic shot glass a while back, so he has moved up to a small plastic water cup (like the ones in bathrooms rinse teeth with) and he is ever so careful with it, I am quite proud!

P.M. Snack:  Went to my Mum's whilst I tidied house (more like came on BW site!  ::) ) and she said he had (very) milk tea with aher and a vanilla wafer biscuit and a fruit leather later on.

Suppper: Chicken, mash potato and broccoli.  I mash the broccoli and add to his mash potato  and also add some apple puree for flavour for him. I also find mash taters can be quite dry, so that helps moisten them up for him.  A cup of water.

Bed:  Boobs only.  Sometimes he has almost up to 6oz of cows milk too, but he ate loads at dinner, so he passed.

A x

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2007, 20:42:56 pm »
Very bad eating days for the past 3 days.  So far today:

Wake:  8 oz. Rice Milk
Breakfast: 2 bites of Waffle
Lunch:  2 bites of snadwich
Has been napping now for 4 hours :-0  He had shots today (18 mos check-up)

Hopefully this evening will be okay..  Going to wake him up now.
Wendy -

binxyboo

« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2007, 20:44:20 pm »
Poor pet.

How was his weight/height at his check-up, was the doctor happy with him?

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2007, 01:07:20 am »
Hey Michelle:  Yeah the doctors were really happy with everything.

He is almost 24 pounds and 33 inches tall.  25% for weight and 60% for height.  Right where he has been since birth. 

He deft. is sick or sick from the shots today.  He woke from his nap with a fever. 

He did not eat nothing today except 2 crackers :(

Wendy -

Offline M2W

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2007, 15:40:10 pm »
WOW...just found this thread and have skimmed it...LOVE IT ;)

I have been looking online for more ideas...because my son Weston just doesn't eat much at all...he's certainly not LEAN (32 pounds at 20 months of age) but he doesn't eat much of anything. I don't cater to him, he gets what he gets offered and he either takes it or leaves it...he's not PICKY...just doesn't eat much.

So this is a typical day for us.
Breakfast = I typically put some cherrios, scrambled eggs or other snacky cereal out on the table for him to snack on (I do this because I have spent many mornings making great breakfast options and he won't eat them) But the morning option is usually something relatively dry because he'll scatter it on the floor (and it must be something the dog will eat as well...fruit is a 'high chair' only food, because the dog won't eat fruit and I don't need fruit in my carpet...lol :)

If he eats anything, great...

Then around 11am -noon...he might snack on some cut up fruit or veggies...again total toss in the dark if he'll eat anything. Many times his first meal of the day is in the afternoon AFTER his mid-day nap.

He naps a few hours and then when he wakes up, I offer him "LUNCH"

Lunch = cut up fruit, veggies, sandwich meat, chicken, etc...not really 'meal' items, more or less 'separate' items...I attempt making him a sandwich or pita pocket or something that is PUT TOGETHER and he won't eat it, he just pulls it apart to check out all the bits. (future engineer lol)

Afternoon snack = grazes on whole wheat bread (1 slice cut up) juice, crackers, cereal, etc...(whatever is offered) but again most of it lands on the floor and the dog eas it.

Early Dinner = I'll wonder if he's had ANYTHING all day to eat, so I'll feed him a jar of 'baby food' and he loves those...(just would prefer him to eat more 'solids' at this point) and some cut up fruits or veggies

Dinner Time = He'll eat whatever we are eating and eats well...So basically he gets most of his daily meals at dinner time...and that does bother me to some degree...not overly bothered, but do think about various ways to change that...then wonder if it's really possible to change since that is how both daddy & mommie eat...neither of us eat much during the day, we are grazers (healthy options, but grazers not meal eaters)...However we will always sit down as a family and eat a nice healthy dinner. So is it worth trying to force him to eat differently when everyone around him eats like this? I don't know?

The one meal that I wish he would eat but won't (this is the one picky part of him) is oatmeal...he will have NOTHING to do with oatmeal of any kind...the texture makes him gag and he literally throws it back up. I love oatmeal and would love for that to be an option. I'm not certain why it gags him...and have been told to offer it to him every day for a week, by the end of the week he should like it? (don't know if that's true?) but oatmeal is sooo good for you and filling, I'd really love for him to add oatmeal as a food option to his diet. (you can mix in fruits, flax seeds, black strap molasses (iron) and many other healthy additions to oatmeal...but he won't have any flavor or style of oatmeal that I have been able to try...and we have about 14 different oatmeal containers in our pantry from my various attempts. LOL ;) good thing we (DH & I) eat oatmeal...because we have enough to choke a horse LOL

I did find this site as well if anyone is interested.
http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/

Offline BabyE'sMama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • My Little Butterfly!
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2007, 02:48:21 am »
Hello Ladies!  Boy am I glad I checked this board tonight.  I've been going nuts the last 2 days with my daughter.

Stacy you probably recall that I've always been a bit neurotic about how little she's always eaten but at her 1 year check up she dropped to the 30% for weight (from the 50%) and stayed at the 50% for height.  This really only enforced my craziness about her eating.

The last couple of days she's had a couple bites of this and that.  I was jumping for joy when tonight she ate 2 sweet potato fries and almost an entire jarred dinner.  She's got to be teeting because she's also been sleeping more so our routine is a bit off.

Do any of you get bored with what you offer your LO's?  I feel like I'm running out of ideas.  The hard part is that for the next 13 month's I'm a single mom as my DH has deployed to Iraq.  I am finding it so hard to make meals for just the 2 of us.  Is that crazy?  Before Elizabeth was born and Tim was away it was so easy to kind of graze through my meals and now I have to break that habit.  It's also hard to sit at the dinner table with her.  I feel like it's just shoveling food in our faces.  I completely run out of conversation topics since I get no reply.  Man I sound so lame.

But, Elizabeth is an unusual one! She doesn't like grilled cheese, pasta or quesadillas. I think it's a texture thing so I still offer them every month or so.

I saw in one of Stacy's posts that she offers milk after the meal.  Stacy, do you offer water during the day?  or only milk?

Also, I don't think she likes to eat in the am.  I think it would be 3pm if I waited for hunger cues.  With that in mind here's our routine

7am wake couple sips of milk
8:30 brekkie (yogurt, banana, nutra grain bar or cream of wheat or wheatabix usually a couple bites)
10:30 nap
1pm Lunch:PBJ, chicken, fruit, cheese, dinner leftovers   amounts vary ugh
5:30 dinner whatever I make for me
6:00 bath
7 fast asleep.

Her nap times and bed times have varied.  Yesterday she took a 3 hour nap and went to bed an hour early.  With those short A times I was lucky to get anything in her.

Thanks ladies for letting me vent.  If you have any ideas let me know.  I appreciate them.

Margie

Margie
Proud Army Wife and New Mother to
Elizabeth Grace