Author Topic: What did your toddler eat today?  (Read 177641 times)

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
Re: What did your toddler eat today?
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2006, 12:43:59 pm »
Little one loves her food, but has been rather sick and off eating and drinking. Fortunately springing back!

b/fast
50ml milk
1 weetbix and raw muesli on top with milk

m/tea
yogurt with 1/2 kiwifruit and 1/2 mandarin

lunch
beef and rice meal - steak simmered in beef stock, add rice, add tinned crushed tomatoes, add peas. She loves it!  I have the leftovers in jaffles (toasted sandwiches)

a/tea
dried fig, 1/2 natural muesli bar, 1 cherry (learning to like this one), 1/4 english muffin with vegemite (yeast spread like marmite or promite for the non-aussies)  :D

dinner
cheese and crackers
home made hamburgers -in the end she ate all separately = 1/2 mince patty, slice tomato, slice pineapple, 1/4 of multigrain bread roll, ONE baby spinach leaf  ;D
100ml milk before bed.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 10:10:24 am by mum101 »
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2006, 17:44:00 pm »
Hi all, im new to this site, like most i also have a very fussy toddler! she likes things like spagetti and currys that sort of thing but trying to get her to eat veg is another story! So my husband and i now puree up a selection of cooked veg and add it to the sauce in spagetti or curry! that way she is getting her favourite foods and we have the peace of mind that she is getting the goodness out of her food aswell! Hope this of some help to some people![/color]

Hi Eb's Mum, I see this is your very first post, Welcome to BW!!

We do the same thing. DD loves her sauce, so we throw it over her veggies also. Noodles with veggies. I just make noodles, cooking real well until soft, let cool, then chop it up into tiny pieces. I add soft cooked veggies (usually zucchini, squash, carrots) that are chopped into tiny pieces. I also add some tofu for protein (an easy protein that's soft for beginner eaters!), and a bit of sauce or broth for flavor. She just loves it, and usually inhales the stuff. I haven't tried curry sauce yet. I'm sure she'd like it though. How do you make your curry sauce?

Marie

Offline fiona1973

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2006, 19:14:16 pm »
hello,
today my youngest daughter had

breakfast:
a beaker of cow and gate milk (for up to 2 years)
rice crispies with some cows milk.

snack:
beaker of squash
half an apple

dinner:
cherry tomotoes, cucumber, lettuce (some does go in her mouth), new pototoes in homemade garlic and parlsey butter.
half a bagel with soft cheese on.
banana
beaker of squash

snack:
baked beans on toast (as it was so hot today nobody felt like eating much)
cut up grapes, strawberries, yogurt.
beaker of water

before bed:
a beaker of cow and gate milk

Offline fiona1973

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2006, 19:16:02 pm »
why does the word cu cu mber come up all weird!!!!

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2006, 20:59:36 pm »
Hi Fiona -
I think it is just because the software found an unacceptable word within that word...  so it got rid of those three letters...  Same thing happens when you write c!@!@at.  (as in car seat)  ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 21:01:07 pm by Nathan'sMommy »
Sheila
ng

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2006, 09:29:35 am »
Well my DD is having a lot more food again now  ::) Its a good job as she had lost 10ozs when I got her weighed last week due to her having a viral infection

Breakfast
4oz formula mixed with 3oz of cows milk (I'm weaning her gradually as she couldn't handle cow's milk on its own)
1hr later handful of cheerios, 2/3 of toast and 2/3 of a breadstick

No snack, but about 4 oz of water

Lunch

Round of bread with filling of cottage cheese, 3 slices of Edam cheese, 2 organic carrot crunchy sticks and 5 tomato herb and cheese cruncy sticks (like crisps but without the junk) 2 strawberries 2 slices of kiwi fruit and a yoghurt with about 3oz of water

1 hr later 4oz formula mixed with 2oz of cows milk

Snack of 2 slices of turkey roll and 2 slices of edam cheese again and a breadstick with 4oz of water

Dinner

1 Fishfinger, 1 small potato, roughly 3tbsps of mixed veggies (carrotts, peas, green beans and sweetcorn) 2 strawberries 2 slices of kiwi fruit, 1/4 of a banana, and 1 yoghurt about 3oz of water

Before bed 4oz formula mixed with 3oz of cows milk
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:32:17 am by corrina01 »
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2006, 14:27:46 pm »
bump

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2006, 02:48:06 am »
Ok when DD isn't teething this is generally what she eats in a day.

Breakfast: 1/2cup porriage and apple or 1.5weetbix and fruit mixed with 4ozs milk. Handful of cheerios or 1/2slice toast with vegemite. 4ozs milk in a cup.

Morning snack: Stick of cheese or some crackers and 4ozs milk in a cup.

Lunch: Today it was a scrambled egg with cheese. Also she could have: a small tin of spagetti/bake beans,sandwich with cheese and vegemite,soup,maccaroni and cheese. 120g tub of yoghurt and water in a cup.

Afternoon snack: Fruit stick/cheesy bread stick and sultanas. Water in a cup

Dinner: 1/2-3/4 cup of what we have. Today is will be meat loaf with pasta and veges. 1/2cup dessert which is either: jelly&custard,custard&fruit or chocolate pudding. 4ozs milk in a cup

Before bed: 5.5oz bottle.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Marisa's Mom

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2006, 03:31:52 am »
How do you do soup with your LO?  I'm always afraid of splashage.  DD loves to hold and try to use the spoon today, and I can just see her hitting the soup with the spoon, causing a big splash.

Marie

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2006, 04:55:03 am »
She still lets me feed her at the moment otherwise it would be a no go. Since it is winter here it is a great thing to have in the middle of the day.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2006, 01:39:09 am »
May I make a suggestion? Could you include your dc's age when listing what they ate? It helps in quickly figuring out if it's something to give to a young toddler or older toddler.  (I suppose I could do the math based on what your tickers say vs when you posted but this way it's easier for the lazy (me! ;D) and/or sleep deprived (me also! ;D)).

TIA!!!   :) :) :)
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline ForeverHopeful

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2006, 12:41:36 pm »
Owen is 19 months.  Somedays he can eat loads.  The next day he'll eat next to nothing  :-\

Yesterday was a good day  :)

Wake and 6-8oz milk
Breakfast~half slice of toast, handful of cheerios, melon
Snack~banana
Lunch~cheese, ham crackers & yoghurt
Snack~biscuit
Dinner~macaroni cheese, peas and sweetcorn, followed by a probiotoc yoghurt drink
Bedtime milk

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2006, 16:04:24 pm »
Dinner~macaroni cheese, peas and sweetcorn, followed by a probiotoc yoghurt drink

Is the probiotic yoghurt drink Kefir by any chance? I've just found out about this and plan to add it to our diet.

Don't you get frustrated on the days that your ds doesn't eat? I keep worrying that, by not eating enough, my ds (now 17 mo) will wake during the night.  :P  *lol* Talk about being selfish, huh?
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline Marisa's Mom

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2006, 17:31:02 pm »
on the days that your ds doesn't eat? I keep worrying that, by not eating enough, my ds (now 17 mo) will wake during the night.  :P  *lol* Talk about being selfish, huh?

How would you know whether he is waking up due to hunger? Does he "tell" you he's hungry?

DD has the occasional night waking. Sometimes I offer her water which she may or may not take a sip. I've never offered her food, thinking it'll just wake her up too much. When DD has a day of not eating much, she'll usually make it up the next morning/day (or sometimes days later) with a healthy appetite.

It's only 10:30am here, so I can't tell you what DD will eat today, but I can tell you what she had yesterday...

breakfast:  chicken pasta; banana

lunch:  noodles with tofu & carrots

snack:  blueberries; nibbled off my burrito

snack: melted sharp chedder over broccoli; strawberries

dinner:  avocado; chicken & mozzarela ravioli

and of course corn flakes and banana fruit puffs sprinkled about here and there during the day. :)

Marie

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2006, 20:13:00 pm »

Don't you get frustrated on the days that your ds doesn't eat? I keep worrying that, by not eating enough, my ds (now 17 mo) will wake during the night.  :P  *lol* Talk about being selfish, huh?

Same here!  DS (20 mos) has days that he eats next to nothing.  For example, one bite of chicken (more like a nibble), for dinner, and that's it.  My biggest worry is that he will wake hungry at night, and it kills me to think of him sitting in his crib with a growling tummy.   :P 

Anyone have carb-only kids.  DS will eat fruit, but aside from that, only wants plain noodles, cheerios, toast, etc.  I worry that he isn't getting a proper diet, and I hope it is a phase!  I guess all I can do is still offer a variety.   :-\
Sheila
ng