Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 7  (Read 63679 times)

Offline LucySol

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part 7
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 20:35:30 pm »
i have to jump on here cos im getting desperate at breakfast time.D just does not do normal breakfast! She wont eat cereal i have tried so many different ones.She wont eat toast,croissants,eggs,pancakes(at breakfast time) so im getting stuck cos all she will eat is fruit and yoghurt!!! She will anything and everything i put in front of her at every other time of the day she just doesnt seem hungry at breakfast!! ::)

Yesterday was:
B- nectarine,2 small yoghurts
S-A biscuit
L-macaroni cheese and a pear
S-Goodies organic oat bar
D-roast Lamb,pots,carrots,broccoli,yorkshire pudding and peas.Peaches and icecream.

Today:
B-peaches and a yoghurt
S-rice cakes and a fuit bar
L-cheese sandwiches,breadsticks,crackers,a small banana
S-Oat bar
D-tuna pasta bake,Angel delight.

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 20:44:27 pm »
K was like this. Have you tried moving breakfast later? Or reducing the morning milk (if she has)? What about banana so there is a higher carb count?

Offline LucySol

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 20:52:13 pm »
i did cut her milk down for a while which didnt make any diference.i could try that again,im just a bit unsure about that cos D drinks very little fluid during the day so i rely on her milk to up her daily fluid intake.But thinking about it i could give her a little on waking then more after her breakfast. :-\

RE her having it later,we have to be out the door by8.30 to take DS to school and then most of our morning activities are straight from school.il have to see if i can get back to give her breakfast b4 we leave again! il have a think!

She loves bananas but for some reason she wont touch them at breakfast time!! :-\ you know the more i think about what you have said it could be the milk.She has maybe 5oz(is that too much?) at 7.30 on waking and breakfast just after 8.Tho that will have to change when DS goes back to school The alarm will have to be back on and we will have to be up for 7am!!!

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 21:09:43 pm »
Or can you give breakfast at home and then milk after breakfast in the car/on the run? There is no way DS would eat breakfast only 30mins after milk. He needs more like 60 or 90mins gap because we had this problem initially. There isn't rally anything wrong with fruit for breakfast with yoghurt. Do you give a carb snack in the morning? What about a little granola/cereal in the yogurt? Also does she open her bowels after milk? Now DS sits on the potty and consistently opens his before breakfast he is much better.

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 22:29:48 pm »
today:

Breakfast: Blueberry pancake, 1/2 peach
Snack: (we don't usually have but she kept coming up to me going mmmmm mommy so I mean how could i refuse?)  She ate 1/4 of my breakfast which was a cinnamon raisin bagel with butter.
Lunch: Cheese cubes, peas, sweet potato, blueberries and the other half of the peach (we used our fork and spoon. I loaded it and she shoveled it in)
Snack: Strawberries and a cereal bar
Dinner: Carrots, potato pancake (this was a shocker cause she had never had it before), 1/2 container of yogurt and apple sauce.

Today was a really good day eating for us.  She is getting very good at  using a fork and spoon as long as one of us loads it for her :)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 22:42:08 pm »
Lucy, ITA with KM. DS also has 5 ounces milk in the AM and then breakfast about an hour later. He'll usually only have fruit at that time but then happily eat his french toast or bagel or whatever a bit later while in the stroller/car/shopping cart or whatever. Now this morning he had a good breakfast all at once but we were out and it was more time since his bottle.

Good eating day here.

B: some cantaloupe, few bites toasted buttered bagel, one half a silver dollar pancake
L: chicken noodle soup w lots of veggies, half piece toast with PB
S: few goldfish crackers, homemade banana/chocolate chip/walnut mini-muffin (quite healthy version I made)
D: two homemade chicken nuggets, some mini fusili pasta with sauce, blueberries, arrowroot cookies
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 22:43:17 pm »
Was doing some looking around the "Eating For Toddlers" Board and saw this thread.  Marking a spot so I remember to come back here to look around!!
-Nadia

Offline teilvnav

• Showing Appreciation 90
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 22:48:09 pm »
Another off day here for food.

B: about half of his omelette (cheese, bacon, and cooked onions and zuchinni), a few bites of toast, and a few grapes... threw lots on the floor
S: a good amount of watermelon
L: a few blueberries, but refused pasta and peas
S: several low sodium Ritz crackers, but refused yogurt Tube
D: part of a low sodium all beef hot dog, a few bites of brocolli salad (brocolli, sunflower seeds, onion, and raisins tossed in white wine vinegar and light mayo), a few bites of corn, one bite of cucumber

Lucy, Nathan is often not too interested in breakfast. He makes up for it later over the day, though.
Amy

Offline marilyn73

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 05:13:02 am »
B - oatmeal with peaches
L - gnocci with tomato sauce, cheese, toast, grapes
S - yogurt, banana
D - fish (did not go well, had to ad bbq sauce), peas (ate a few, threw the rest down to the dog), 1 grape, 4 noodles - maybe the heat here was a factor.

Lucy, have you ever tried french toast for lo for breakfast?  Even when dd doesn't want toast, or eggs, french toast cut in little cubes is always a hit.

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 06:53:09 am »
Lucy, we have to do breakfast before milk, it was the only way i could get Ollie to eat ANY breakfast at all. He now eats a big bowl of cereal and has milk about 1/2 hour later. Might be too drastic a change though as Daisy will be so used to having her milk on waking now, she might not be too impressed!  :P

Yesterday:-
B- Cheerios, 1/2 a brioche roll
S - not sure
L - cottage pie, yogurt
S - not sure
D - Cottage pie, yogurt, some chocolate buttons

Boring day!  ::)
Catherine x

Offline LucySol

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 10:42:20 am »
Catherine-Absolutely! she would not be impressed!She demands her milk as soon as her eyes are open!!

KM-the problem with doing the b.fast so long after milk is that we have a big rush to get up and out to school i dont have time for D to wait for her breakfast.i do try and make sure she has a more substantial snack mid morning but like Amy said nathan does Daisy def makes up for it the rest of the day!

i did cut her milk down to 3 oz this morning and she ate a peice of toast and a few bites of pear so thats an improvement!  i really need to give it more thought!

Thanx for all your help! :-*

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 13:32:02 pm »
Matthew also wants milk right away and DD always did too (though since about age 3.5 or so she hasn't done that). Not a problem with me. If we don't have enough time for a good breakfast before leaving the house we just give it to him on the go! I don't mind that either since the rest of his meals are sitting properly.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 21:57:29 pm »
Today:

Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast, 1 whole nectarine, bits of banana (which were refused)

Lunch: Spinach pancake, sausage and potato pancake (refused) cheese chunks, sweet potatoes.

Snack: Strawberries, cheerios, yogurt

Dinner: Shepard's pie (completely refused) carrots

Snack due to not eating dinner: Cereal bar and then a bottle of milk before bed.

What do you guys do when your lo's refuse a meal?  I am so torn because she pretty much refuses anything that comes on a spoon unless its yogurt or apple sauce and will not try anything new.

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 08:07:53 am »
Yesterday:-
B - Cheerios
S - A biscuit, dried banana chips
L - Cottage pie, refused jelly - thought he would, first time with jelly and just knew he wouldn't like the texture!
S - Some apple, cheese puffs
D - Sausage casserole, mashed potato and peas, 2 yogurts
S - Shared some chocolate with Daddy!
Catherine x

Offline marilyn73

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 03:18:08 am »
B - shreddies, 1 strawberry, chunks of watermelon
L - grilled cheese, peas
S - 3 strawberries, mini muffin
D - salmon cake, some blackbean soup, home-made mac and cheese.

So I spent all day in the kitchen, some baking, and then cooking a few batches of stuff for dd's lunches, hence the items she had for dinner tonight.  All new recipes, so hopefully they will be accepted!