Author Topic: Allergy testing - *met our fantastic Paed!!!! And we have a plan p7*  (Read 23550 times)

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Allergy testing - *met our fantastic Paed!!!! And we have a plan p7*
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2012, 13:43:29 pm »
What a fantastic appointment Vicki! Just on my iPod so a pain to type but will come back later. So happy that the ball is finally rolling for you! xx
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2012, 04:11:12 am »
Thanks everyone :-*

She had another reaction this morning (diarrhea from what we think was a bread she accidentally got) and at supper she had some ggie straws that she used to have and she started wheezing and had a couple of gasps :'(. She's fine and it passed quickly. it did give us a scare though and we're getting a little frustrated with what can we actually feed this child?

We're going to go back to two bottles per day to help her gut heal. I read a really interesting article about leaky gut and what celiac can do to the guts and it does explain a lit of what's going on. I've been pretty scared of researching celiac but this is the second time this has happened for a lengthy period of time and I think I should educate myself on it now. Dh found it really interesting so we may cut the oats for a while also.

Also going to spend more time on that allergy website because it's getting really overwhelming trying to figure out what to feed a child when you're trying to stay away from dairy, soy, gluten and many tropical fruits. My food processor ostensibly awesome and I've made rice flour and oat flour easily so I might attempt coconut flour next.

I'm sure I'll sound impatient but if I don't have an actually referral date by the end of next week I'm going to call the Paed 's office back.

Thanks for holding my hand. Been having some overwhelmed moments over this lately.
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2012, 14:52:03 pm »
I'm sure I'll sound impatient but if I don't have an actually referral date by the end of next week I'm going to call the Paed 's office back.

Nope! I've done this before, and actually it helped to get Spencer assessed within 4 months instead of the usual 1-2 year wait!

Coconut milk is yummy stuff! (I just buy my GF flours, don't have a big food processor). Doesn't work well on its own, but adds lots of flavour to other stuff (I even put it in our stuff, not just Spencer's). I can't imagine having to cut soy on top of what we already don't have.

Ugh, the wheezing is really scary Vicki! Do you guys have an epi pen just in case?  I don't have one because we've never had a breathing rxn in combo with hives and gut rxns but I really want to push the allergist for one next time just in case. 

{{{hugs}}}
Heidi