Author Topic: Will this get easier?  (Read 6387 times)

Offline RachandHarry

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Will this get easier?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 21:29:35 pm »
Good luck, hope this gets sorted for you!

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 02:40:08 am »
You can reheat standard formula so long as you make it and cool it rapidly for storing in the fridge.. then reheat and feed.  You cannot reheat after baby has been drinking it (ie baby doesn't finish bottle so you save it and rewarm an hour later).

I used concentrate as well and always had it premixed in a juice jug in my fridge (one specifically for formula - I had a Starfrit as the silicone seal ensure nothing would make it taste off from being in the fridge).  I only made enough for a day at a time when she was little and once she was over a year, I was comfortable with it being prepped and in the fridge up to 48 hrs - personal choice though.  My DD never had any health concerns such as being a preemie etc...

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 02:35:47 am »
Good news!  He formula switch is going well so far, I'm doing it gradually because I don't want to shock her little digestive system.  So far she's got less burps and less spitups and seems happier.  Problem is I think she's feeling so much better that she's eating a ton...but she's also almost 12 weeks old so it maybe her 3 month growth spurt ???  I'm clueless, but it figures, just when I think I've got her easy almost figured out she hits a gs :)

I do have a question though, not sure if it's normal at this age as DD1 just started on bottles at this age and took really well to them...DD2 has trouble latching on to the bottle a lot, some bottles are better than others, she's using Tommie Tippee but I had to switch out to Born Free for one of her feedings today because she just could not get latched on to the  TT bottle.  Then I discovered at one of her other feeds that she can latch a LOT easier if I can get her to suck on her paci first...which can't always be done. So, normal or not?  I have a couple other bottles that I can try, but so far the TT are the best for her except for the latching issue...along with the gas (which may be solved with the formula change) the latching is the other big issue for us, most times if she doesn't start sucking on her paci first we have to walk or bounce to get her to latch...I wish I could find a bottle that she just took, latched onto and ate.

Offline tfuentes00

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 02:52:19 am »
Have you tried the Dr Brown's?  Theyre really good for gas, I have found.
Tina

Offline TB9

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 12:30:27 pm »
Yes, we tried Dr browns, but not the ones with the wider nipple...may try those, not sure if we will ever find a bottle that  everyone is happy with...

Offline TB9

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 16:57:06 pm »
Just wanted to update you ladies.  DD is doing amazing on her new formula and we have switched her bottles to the playtex nursers, she's doing really well so far with them and feedings are so peaceful now!  Thanks for all your advice and support  ;D  I hope this is the end of our bottle troubles!

Offline tfuentes00

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 17:43:20 pm »
Great good news.  What milk are you using now?
Tina

Offline TB9

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 19:09:48 pm »
Enfamil lactose free.  Its not as sweet as similac sensitive so it took a bit for her to adjust, but I'm glad I switched her.  Poops are much more normal and less gas and spitups :)

Offline tfuentes00

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 20:26:30 pm »
Great news
Tina

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!