Author Topic: 11 mth night waking due to teething ???  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 11 mth night waking due to teething ???
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 00:01:33 am »
So yesterday
Wu 0626
Nap 1045-1215
Nap put down 1550 refuses to sleep rolling in bed chatting finally dh went in and rock her to sleep
1630-1650
Bedtime put down 1915 rolling around n didn't sleep till 1945

STTN wu at 0630 this morning.
Don't like that when on 2 naps her nights sometimes are just a bit short of 11hr
Should I try one nap again?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 00:08:18 am »
That's actually  normal for a lsn kid. Mine did only 10.5hrs on 2 naps and does just about 11 now that he's one one nap. Less than 10.5 is typically OT but anything over 10.5 is fine. At 11 months I would stick with one nap. We had to rock his pm nap for a good month. It's no fun but he just wasn't ready for one nap. I think about a week after his first birthday we went to one nap and would sneak in a 2 nap day if we saw him getting OT and he woke early. Even now at 18 months I sneak in a short CN sometimes if he's unwell.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 02:32:01 am »
I m confused when on one day nap first da, she did  2hr nap n 11.5 night but after 3 days I start getting night wake but it could be teething so I n not sure. She is refusing pm nap n rocking her to sleep mskes bedtime so late. Hmm maybe I will try one nap today and see how she goes n early bedtime at 1815. I think I might do a few one day nap then a day if 2 nap n see how she copes. I wish babies would just talk to us n tell us what they want. Mskes life s bit easier...

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 02:38:52 am »
Is it because you get less Y time you don't like her being on 2 naps? Even if she wasn't a LSN baby, longer days/shorter nights during a transition period is normal. When she takes 1 nap, she may be going to bed earlier but then she is up at night and her night isn't as restorative. I suppose it would be up to you whether you prefer short night or her being awake at night? Personally I wouldn't be pushing for 1 nap and as I mentioned earlier, being flexible is important during a transition period. It doesn't HAVE to be all or nothing (2 or 1 nap) and a lot of them go from 2 to 1... just as you would have had the same when she was dropping her 3rd nap/catnap :). She can probably handle 1 nap here and there but will still need a catch up 2 nap. For some, the transition can drag on for months and months...

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 03:30:43 am »
I just find 2 day naps makes night short. I m just worried that she is not getting the recommended 13-14 hrs sleep a day. :P I guess I will just have to apop the pm nap to squeeze in 2 naps. Thanks for your advice. I guess I am just a super worrier mum  :P
So it's okie if she gets 1.75 hr nap during the day and 10.75-11 hrs at night making 12.5-12-75 a day?
I guess if she is growing n happy I just stick with 2 naps for as long as she wants then. Thank you so much for your advice. :-)

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 22:17:30 pm »
Yesterday she won't sleep in the afternoon. I have to rick her for 20min by the time she sleeps its 1635 I woke her up at 1655. Bedtime I put down at 1920 didn't sleep till 8pm. This morning woke up chatting at 6am. So only a 10hr night !!!!
Yesterday easy
Wu 0645
Nap 1110-1245
Nap 1635-1655 put her earlier but wont sleep have to apop
Bedtime 2000
Night is getting shorter n shorted now 10hrs

Offline Layla

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 23:18:38 pm »
Hun, try not to stress about it too much - messy things happen when they are in the transition. If you think she is better on 1 nap and the night wakings were due to teething, then there is no harm in going back to 1 nap. If she goes back to long night wakings, you can always go back to 2 naps. If you see its too hard to AP the catnap or its getting too late, then it's probably better to do an earlier bedtime. As you have probably seen from the 2-1 support thread, many bubs are doing the same thing and sometimes there is no easy answer and its about riding things out. As you are working on extending her A's - be open to doing an earlier bedtime and that she will skip her afternoon nap or you might have to AP it.

Try putting her down for morning nap a little earlier (10.30am) as per sample routine (which S's mum said worked really well for her too) and there should hopefully be enough A to squeeze in the catnap.

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 23:26:42 pm »
Thanks Layla I will try that today since she wakes up so early anyway.

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
Arghhhhhh don't know what when wrong. I thought I have the best routine today.
Wu 0607
Nap 1030-1200 (have to wake her up) otherwise will have pm nap refusal or too late pm nap.
Nap put down at 1530 wont sleep till 1550-1615 ( don't need to apop) wake her up

Bedtime put down 1910 whiny and calling for me on and off and finally fall asleep at 1955
Arghhhhh why.?? ??? ??? :'( :'(
Fingers crossed no night wake.
Haven't have night wake for 2 nights in a row now.
But very short night of 10hr

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 22:27:20 pm »
I have no nw but an EW at 0600. I might try for one nap day n very early bedtime but she has gymbaroo class at 1250 hmmm
How do I stop this EW? She was getting up at 0630-0645 now it's 0600. I tried to put her to bed early at 1915 but she won't sleep till 8pm which means I get a short night. Skydiver13 says anything less than 10.5 hr is OT but I don't think she is though??????

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 22:38:24 pm »
What do you mean she wont sleep till 8? What does she do when you try to put her to sleep. What I mean by less than 10.5 is it is just a rule of thumb. My LO would do sometimes less sometimes more and ether was or wasn't OT. Only you know your LO. You could try switching and doing a short AM nap and long PM nap maybe that would work better for you I honestly am not sure what else to suggest except things wont change overnight. Usually a tweak in routine takes a few days to a week to really make a difference.

**Siobhan**

Offline Layla

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 23:07:19 pm »
Hun as Skadiver said it really isn't an overnight type of a transition. Maybe a while ago when you tried shorter am/longer pm it wasn't working but it may work now?

She's not waking up at night... so I suppose you have the answer in why she was waking and she wasn't handling 1 nap for too many days in a row :-\

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 23:39:45 pm »
Thank you so much for ur advice I really  appreciate it. I put her down at 1915 she is just lying in bed blabbing n sucking her cloth till 2000 then fall asleep. Bcos I can see her in the video monitor.i did tried short am last week but she end up not sleeping more than 30min in the pm... Hmm maybe I will try again.
Thank you do much. I gues it's a part of the transition I just have to ride it out.

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 21:55:42 pm »
Ahhhh help after 4 days of short am/ long pm it's gone worse. Needs even longer a time to sleep because pm nap is 1.5 hr bedtime I tried to put down early at 1900 she just not sleeping rolling in bed. To make it worse I got night wake, and very early wake at 0530. Even with 1.5 hr nap in the afternoon she wakes up feeling grumpy n not a happy baby. Whiny. I think I m losing it. I think today she wakes up at 0530 n last night nw 15min, I will let her have a long am for as long as she wants to catch up on some sleep n see if shr wants a pm nap n try to ap it.

I really don't know what to do at bedtime anymore.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 22:17:22 pm »
Sorry hun it was hard to understand what you were saying about pm nap? It is easier if you post your day in EAS format so we can take a look at it.. Sometimes it just takes time for lo's to get on track.

**Siobhan**