Author Topic: Help with A times - almost 9 mo old  (Read 3685 times)

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 17:58:44 pm »
There is a 9 month sleep regression right? Now he's crying when I go to put him down for naps. So, he tries to lean out of my arms (away from the crib) and he cries. Today I tried a little early to get him down for a nap because we have someplace to be and he was leaning to get out of my arms. I let him play for 30 min and tried again and he did the same thing again. For naps he just cried for maybe 2 minutes and then starts playing and chatting.

Hopefully all this crying is a phase??

Offline Florena49

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 20:52:00 pm »
There is yes and it was fairly rough for us, nap shortened, a lot of fussing, crying before nap time, lasted all in all about 2 weeks and then very siddenly ended and Oskar has acquired a number of new skills and has become much more mobile. What did help is extending his A time a little, although it went back to how it was after the two weeks. Hang in there
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 00:35:54 am »
So, today DS woke at 8am. Slept from 12:10 to 1:30. Tried for nap at 4:45 - no way. Trying now at 5:30pm - crying.
There is a chance he just won't nap at all - so when do I do bedtime?? If he does nap, I will only let him do 20 min, but then I don't know when to try for bedtime.
Am I doing something wrong?? He's been fussier than normal. I'm wondering if he's getting a cold? Or teeth? He's not  technically in a wonder week, but he sure is acting like it.

Offline Florena49

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 10:47:17 am »
I think 4.45 was way to early for him considering he can handle a longer A time. If he totally refuses the nap I would do BT as early as 6.30, he will be OT thats inevitable, but hopefully he will catch up during the night for missed day sleep.
Viktoria

Offline Florena49

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 10:49:50 am »
Ur not doing anythibg wrong, I found the developemntal stuff from 8.5 month until now has affected sleep and moods a lot. os has mastered flipping over from his back and standing ip in the cot, it took me over an hour to get him to sleep last night, when usually he settles himself within 10 minutes.
It will all pass.....
Viktoria

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 16:57:27 pm »
Hi again! We had been doing great for a little bit. I would do a nap 4 hours after he woke up, then another 20 to 30 min nap 4 hours after that. Then bedtime was a little tricky, but generally 2 hr 45 min later would be bedtime. He would wake one time a night to eat - generally around 3am. Then wake up around 6:30am.

Now our night wake ups are coming around 2 hr 30 min after bedtime. Last night he was crying/upset for an hour. He didn't want food. He was just upset. I stayed with him till he fell back asleep and I noticed he's having these big jolts a few minutes after he falls asleep. Like those jolts I feel when I dream about falling - ykwim?? He woke at least 2 more times in the night - husband did one pat/shh and then I fed him around 3am. He woke pretty early.

Today we were out and about and he fell asleep in the car for his morning nap. He kept doing that jolt thing again.

Are the jolts due to being over tired? Are the frequent night wakings due to being OT?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Help with A times - almost 9 mo old
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 06:00:28 am »
It does sound like it, yes.  Can you try BT any earlier, say 2h after last nap?