Author Topic: 9 month old EW, NW, 2-1 and daytime savings time  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 9 month old EW, NW, 2-1 and daytime savings time
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »
If he's teething I might try BT a little earlier for a few days wdyt? Maybe try for 7.30pm with the aim to push it put later if needs be. If he's getting OT with the NW's due to teething it will give him the opportunity to catch up for now? Want to give it a go and try?

And ouch to the biting, I hope he grows out of that soon  :) xx

Offline Bella89

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 21:40:13 pm »
I don't know for sure, but I feel like it's pain or itching that makes him bite mama:)

Yeah, I put him 7.30 today before I even read your post. WU 6.30, 11:30-1:30 nap. He was good to go at 11:30, he even forgot about pacifier:/ As for Bt I think we were 30min late and he was OT:/
We will see about tomorrow morning:)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 08:48:44 am »
Hope it went well, keep me posted. How did the nap go with it being pushed out a little more? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 18:02:06 pm »
So yesterday he napped for 2h, today I put him down at 12 (WU 7am) and he had 2h nap as well.
I had to put him down today at 6:40:/ He fell asleep right away. We had a horrible night last night. He cried for 2h, then pooed and I had to change him and woke him even more. Then he woke at 4, 4:45, 5:45 and 7. I strongly believe it's teething, although DH feels like it's stomach - he fell asleep 20min after poo. Today he had some acidy (I assume by the smell) diarrhoea. I feel like every time we have 3-4 days of not sleeping and poo trouble- 2 weeks after bam we have a tooth. I have to even look for that posts of mine on the forum;]
I hope we will have a good night since I found that UT/OT window perfectly tonight:)

How is Christmas preparation going?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:40 am »
This isn't too bad actually. I strongly suspect teething since I noticed your other thread he's not eating much else that could upset his tummy. Mine also would only eat one thing whist teething. For us it was roasted sweet potato! All I can suggest is medicate with ibuprofen as often as is allowed for a few days and ride it out. Elevating the mattress helps a little too, by putting a couple of towels under one end of the bed.

Christmas preparation is going well here, only one present left to buy! I'm on it this year! Helps we're not hosting all the family this year, so less to do. How's yours going? Is this your LO's first Xmas? Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 12:05:19 pm »
The worst thing is - he is not sleeping from 1 to 3.30 sometimes. That is 3 nights in a row now:/ I don't know why - or I know too well. Eghhhh

Yes, his first Christmas!! He loves Christmas tree, that I know already since he saw one at the mall. I smell trouble here :)
I still have to plan food - plus I have my DH birthday on Monday and I promised him cake. Still looking for some new recipe :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2015, 16:46:01 pm »
I love baking cakes. Although if it's a birthday I use my grandmas secret recipe cake (as we've named it in our family) and that's a Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix! Works a treat everytime and is so quick and easy. I just hide the box and everyone thinks I'm amazing at chocolate cakes! What they don't know won't hurt them eh?! Xx

Offline Bella89

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 09:18:08 am »
Ha ha ha we all have our secrets as moms, don't we:) I started to bake this morning, and it was quite an adventure I have to say. While I was doing it DS was trying to eat bottle screw cup, and didn't like it when it got stuck in his mouth! scratched himself across the face with God knows what and helped with a loundry by restarting washing mashine twice:)

I got quite stuck yesterday when he had 1.5h nap and was OT at 5:45. I put him down fr 30min, but then he was aleep by 8.30 :( He did sleep nonstop till 6 though! :) Now he is back asleep at 10am, so it all went back to sq1:( What do you think I should do at 6ish in the afternoon. Put him down as BT or wake him after 30min? We really had a hard time with his BT and that was a long day.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 19:38:11 pm »
Even a 15mins CN can help yk?

For example when DD was struggling a bit around this stage in the transition, I'd apop a quick CN in the car at 9am ish for 15mins and that used to get her to usual nap time. So you could try that perhaps? Maybe a 15mins CN at 9.30am on days like today. It's not full time but I found I had to do it here and there, maybe once a week or two weeks just to keep to the usual nap time. Failing that, you could try a CN for 15mins at 5.30pm and that should get you to a decent BT? I'm rubbish at guessing how lomg they'll be able to go after a 15mins CN though, hence why I preferred to do it in the morning! Up to you? It would take a bit of trial and error, but I think the first option would work for you on days like today xx