Author Topic: 19mo only settles well for naps with CM ???  (Read 3155 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 19mo only settles well for naps with CM ???
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 19:22:11 pm »
Oh dear, she sounds such a character! 

Offline athenasmom

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • What ice cream ... I had no ice cream!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 21:02:17 pm »
OK I now you are struggling and I don't mean to make it into a joke... BUT I had to laugh so hard. Does she really sing in the middle of the night?
*Suzanna*

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 14:40:26 pm »
Haha hi Suzanna good to see you :-* Well, it felt like the middle of the night, but it was after 6am ;) Laugh away - I struggle so much with sleep deprivation that I have to make light of her quirks or find something else to laugh at, or I'll go crazy myself...perhaps I already am ;D I do love the fact that she seems to have such a great sense of pitch though, I mean just today she picked up this cheap toy guitar (DS had bought it for her with his own money at a school fair - 5p I think it was!) and plucked the strings a few times, horrible sound but she repeated it herself at the same pitch :o :D You can probably tell I'm rather hoping she'll enjoy playing music herself one day ;)

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 16:59:13 pm »
OK back to your sleep issue ...
Do you think she might have lower sleep needs? Are you maybe expecting too much sleep from her? I know your DS was pretty HSN so maybe you think that's the norm  ;D I have two LSN kids, DD even more than DS, and I realized that I expected too much from DD. Now she settled into a routine that seems too little sleep for me  :P but seems fine for her  ;)
*Suzanna*

Offline trimbler

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 19:41:38 pm »
Thanks, I have to think about that a bit more... Up until now I've found that she's done best with more sleep than DS would have had at the same age - he wasn't really HSN, just needed low A times or he'd get OT quickly, but that just meant he kept naps a bit longer but that helped him to accrue the overall A time he needed. However, he really needed a long A to BT, whereas I think DD might need a long A to the nap, followed by a long nap and short A to BT... At least, that's where my thinking is right now - how to get her out of OT craziness when she chats and sings instead of going to sleep and either wakes early or we have to wake her for school run or just because DS has got up and come in... Well, that's another matter ??? ;D she does however tend to settle well at BT :)

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 20:10:32 pm »
DS was a looooong morning A time and short afternoon A time kida guy too. He could easily do 7 7.5 hours in the AM and would happily go to bed after just 4.5 hours in the PM at 2 years old.

DD is the opposite (of course, in almost everything LOL) ... she needs her nap at 5.5 hours A time in the AM but would need at least 6 - 6.5 hour A time before BT after a good nap.
*Suzanna*

Offline trimbler

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 22:10:38 pm »
Hey, sorry didn't mean to ignore you, just been really busy lately :-* That's interesting to know how they can be so different :) Well, I've kind of given up for the time being, illness has struck again and downstairs are having their kitchen and bathroom completely redone and we have the clocks changing soon and... Well actually the good news is that nap settling is getting a bit better I think, still not consistent and the naps themselves aren't always so good, but there are so many possible reasons for that now! Oh and on top of all that I mis-set my alarm this morning and got everyone up half an hour earlier than intended ::) :-[ erm...early clock change, perhaps? :P ;D

How are you all doing?