Author Topic: 6mo new to EASY  (Read 8303 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6mo new to EASY
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 07:01:13 am »
What have you tried in relation to sleeping out and about?

I think if you're going to go out with him for a day, you just expect sleep to be wonky, you do your best to give him the opportunity to sleep (maybe your APOP those naps by wheeling him in a pram or cuddling him in a carrier/wrap) and you know the next day or two will be rough while you get back on track. Once his body is used to sleeping at given A times from a stable routine, that may get a bit easier but yes, babies do cramp one's style somewhat.

if i bf him wen he wakes up at night n he goes to sleep on my breast will that make him forget to self soothe n go back to sleep on his own??
Not necessarily - I think provided he's sleeping reasonable stretches in between and not dependent upon the breast to get to sleep, its probably fine. I know for me, DS would be asleep pretty close to the end of the feed though he'd usually wake when I burped him which was a must due to my overactive letdown. Baby being drowsy at night is to be expected and ideal IMHO, a quick feed and back into bed asap means more sleep for everyone. If he is going to sleep independently for naps/bedtime, I think that's fine. I'm more concerned that his short naps are caused by A times being too short than by baby not self-soothing.

Two weeks, honestly, is not a long time to be sleep training. You are seeing improvement. Things get in the way of sleep training, teeth, growth spurts, developmental leaps, illness, etc. All these things can set back progress with sleep, be it routine, independence in falling asleep, etc. and sleep training once doesn't mean you won't need to go back to the methods later to help LO through at times. You're teaching your baby everything - you don't teach a baby to read by giving him a classical novel, you show him letters and words and pictures and stories and over several years, he builds up associations and eventually can put letters together to make words. Learning to relax to sleep is much the same, though hopefully doesn't take as long ;) Its not an overnight process.

Offline Batool huzaifa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 02:31:06 am »
Hi. Thanks so much for the support..things are coming on track thankfully.. yesterday was much better:) yes i have tried the pran as well as carrier but again he would wake up after 20 30 mins wen outside..wats apop??

Offline Batool huzaifa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 02:32:47 am »
He went down to sleep much easilu though still woke up very early but was still better...thanks bec:)))...i ll keep updated watevwr happens next

Offline becj86

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 03:34:19 am »
APOP = Accidental parenting on purpose - using a prop to achieve the sleep LO needs knowing you'll have to train out of it or wait for the nap to drop, basically.

DS would only sleep in a wrap/carrier with the hood on (would only tolerate it once asleep).

Glad he's falling off to sleep more easily, its nice when that's not such a battle :)

Offline Batool huzaifa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 03:43:17 am »
Yeah again we had to go out..i managed him to go to sleep by rocking but again he woke up in 20 mins..though iwas carrying him in my arms..thts the only issue rt now..rest seems fine..obvsly he is cranky the other day but thts understandable since he is overtired..

Offline becj86

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 09:57:21 am »
Yes, those 20min naps are overstimulation, pretty hard to avoid when you're out and about. Glad things are otherwise good :)

Offline Batool huzaifa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 07:42:37 am »
Hi..i wanted to ask its okay to bring my lo shedule 1 hour later...tht is 9p.m bedtime...that wont affect his habits right?

Offline becj86

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 19:24:14 pm »
It depends on the child - Some will do fine, some will really struggle as it just doesn't fit with their body clock. Most babies do best with 7-7 routine which is why Tracy suggests that. I have seen some babies do absolutely fine with a 9pm BT though, provided they're not getting up before 8am.

Offline Batool huzaifa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 00:34:25 am »
Since a last few days his routine is completely off schedule.. n thts bcoz he wakes up at different times..sometimes 7 n sometimes 8:30.. how dobi stick to his routine..its becoming unpredictable..his A Times have also become shorter for some reason..night sleep has never been more than 10.5 hours..with sometimes just being 10 hours..is all of this normal?? Short naps are still a problem..

Offline becj86

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 09:42:17 am »
Can you post the last few days' EAS?

eg.
7 - wake
10 - nap
11 - wake, feed
2 - nap
etc.

He may need a night feed and to go back to sleep if he wakes at 10-10.5hr.

Offline Batool huzaifa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 04:59:02 am »
Honestly there is not a fixed routine for him coz if his varying sleep times n varying lengty if naps..but i follow the easy pattern no matter what...its somewat like this

Wu: between 7 n 8:30
E: between 7 n 8:30 depending on wu time
A: 2 to 2.5 hrs ..9:30 to 10:00 breakfast
S:between 10 n 11till 11:15 or 12:15
E:12:30
A:2 to 2.5 hrs...wch includes bath also
S:between 2:15 n 2:45..for 1.5 hours
E:5:00
A: 3 to 4 hours
E: 7:40
BT: 8:00 to 8:15...asleep by 8:30 usualyy

Offline becj86

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 06:45:24 am »
How are your nights with that routine?

Offline Batool huzaifa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 07:04:42 am »
Besides i realy want him to take a catnap after his 2nd nap..but he is not ready to sleep no matter what i do..then at the bedtime he looks overtired..he has also strted waking up every 3 to 4 hours in the night...so naturaly he cannot be hungry in 3 hours after his dinner atleast..but he still wakes up..wants to bf..but then goes to sleep on his own..yesterday he played for 1.5 hrs in the night and then eventualy went to sleep.....so u see he is not being consistent in anything..changes are happening everyday and i dont know how to respond to them..its going to be a month this thursday since he has been sleeping on his own n following easy..but still sometimes taking half an hour to go to sleep wid crying..lots of things need to be sorted out so please help!

Offline Batool huzaifa

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 07:06:46 am »
Yeah 1 more thing..in between all this he once slept for staright 7 hours in the night before 4 days i guess..which was a miracle i beleive..but tht night he slept at 11:30 since we were out

Offline becj86

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 08:18:36 am »
Yes, I was wondering... I expected the long happy waking in the middle of the night - your first and second A times are not long enough! Really they should be 2:45 to 3hr I think, Try 2:45 first as the first nap is only slightly undertired.

Why do you want him to take a catnap?

Have a read of this: All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months