Author Topic: 5am WU for 23mth old - too early  (Read 5426 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 5am WU for 23mth old - too early
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 18:19:23 pm »
I've moved DS 30 mins today and set his bedroom clock, his timer lights and one clock in the living room which is now marked with a post-it "DS Time" so we don't get too confused.
The only time he went to bed late he wet the bed so I hope he isn't so OT that happens again. I think he will cope with the 30 mins FX
I find moving all the meal times helps him shift as they are such regular markers in DS's daily routine.

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 05:23:53 am »
It seems rather appropriate on Halloween but we have literally created a monster. Night clocks went back we put DS3 down 1 hour later, 8pm, and he slept until 5am (really 6) but 10 hrs and we were v happy. As planned DH took him out in car to try to push the day, said he slept/dozed another 20 odd mins until 615 in total, but was v calm and at least resting in his seat.

Nap was 1215-1 pm in the car, woke him, he was fine.
BT was 730 to reflect the later start.

This morning? 430am, the earliest waking in history in his short life!

We just feel clueless. DH has him in the car now and plan on getting him sleep until 6am, but this is the last morning of this as back to work tnrw.

The helplessness comes from not knowing whether to give him a 2hr nap to catch up on ot, no nap to try to get him to catch up overnight, or stick with 1215-1pm nap, and start BT at 7pm indefinitely keeping to these times nomatter how early the wake in the hope he eventually gets used to it?

Thoughts anyone?

I know everyone has their issues but I really appreciate the support, it's v helpful for us to feel like we at least have a plan, so thanks for everything

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 07:11:18 am »
Honestly this used to happen to us, the day after the day of any clock change was 4am WU. Personally I'd let him have a longer nap if you can't get him back to sleep in the car and keep BT at 7.30 and then hope he shifts his day.
Zoe

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 07:32:48 am »
That's good to hear Zoe, thanks.

He got an hour in the car so WU at 6 effectively for the day, would this be a good time to start the 45 min nap and BT at 7 routine we are going to move forward with?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 07:38:59 am »
Give it a go, as 6am WU is ok. You might need to try 6.45 BT if he's shattered with clock change and just push over next few days.
Zoe

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 07:55:16 am »
Brilliant, thanks for the advice, we'll give it a go. Hope yours are adjusting well.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 09:38:55 am »
Yes not too bad eldest is back at school today and had a 7pm BT with 6wu and youngest well he's anyone's guess at when he will get on track...lol he's a monkey x
Zoe

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 10:52:13 am »
Ha ha, I know all about that Zoe.

Just a brief update of sorts, he woke at 4am this morning, looked like it was for the day and my tears were getting ready to come on, but he went over after a drink of water until 550am. So we are taking that as a success!

One day at a time..

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 13:35:19 pm »
It can take a few days, fingers crossed x
Zoe

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 05:08:34 am »
445am today, screaming blue murder.  We aren't doing the car thing  anymore as it was just at the weekend and don't want to get into a bad habit, so that's him up for the day.

he was at docs yesterday and has an ear infection, so this could be playing on him too. Started an antibiotic so maybe after a couple of days this will kick in. Even though EW we'll stick to 1215-1pm nap and 7pm BT for the foreseeable future and see if things settle down towards the weekend..

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:34 am »
If he's got an ear infection that will prob be a big reason for him waking. If he's not 100% you might need to let him nap a little longer of you'll get OT creeping in with EW!
Zoe

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 06:24:45 am »
SQUARE ONE AGAIN!!

We were sticking to 1215-1 ish 45 min naps and roughly 7am BT, which for the last week when he was on the antibiotic meant 530 give or take 5 mins WU which we were starting to
Live with.

However two days ago it was 515, yesterday 5am and today 430. I just can't believe it has regressed again so soon.

DH took him out in the car, we swore we would never do it again but 430 WU is just not an option, and got him asleep to 6am.

I was toying with the jump to 8pm BT for a few days to try and dramatically shift the day forward, what do you think, this may be the day to start it, and stick to 45min naps?

Or try a longer nap and stick with 7pm BT?

I know there is no exact science but we gotta try something..

Thanks in advance again!

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 04:53:47 am »
So, yesterday was in effect a 6am start, thought longer nap to combat OT so he slept 12-115pm, then looked like a good opportunity to push BT slightly so went down at 730pm, pretty tired and out like a light.

He cried out at 4am, 415am and then was hysterical at 430am and this is him for the day. As soon as he is downstairs he is completely calm.

Just literally don't know where to start. Not sure if he was UT or OT, what nap to do today, what time BT, nothing. As tough as the EWs are, and I see all the other mums on here going through the same, it's the not knowing what to do which is the worst.

For no reason we can think of he's getting 1hr nap at 12-1 today and bedtime at 7pm. There is no rhyme no reason to why I've decided this, but I have to pick something so if anyone looking in can see anything worth pointing out or make any suggestions, please feel free.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 06:40:36 am »
Oh gosh Hun it's so hard when you are just stuck...it really could all just be developmental with him coming up to 2.

You could always allow a longer nap and see if he will go down at a normal ish BT to see if it is OT.
Zoe

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 07:49:14 am »
Thanks Zoe, yeah, probably Is just developmental with him coming up to 2, hope that's it and we just have to ride it out.

If I am picking you up correctly then we'll go with the longer nap of 1hr 15 mins at lunch and stick with 7pm BT?

And even if this early WU time persists, if we stick with the normal BT of 7 for a few days, and allow the longer nap if the EWs continues, hopefully it'll start to settle and WU times will push when the OT fades?

Thanks!