Author Topic: Sudden night wakings - at 3 months  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 18:49:24 pm »
Gosh, I didn't realise I was starting a support group! ;D

I really hope this gets better for everyone, we have the nights sorted now but the daytime naps have gone terribly wrong, I just can't work out when he's tired any more, and by the time I do, he's overtired and screams before all naps - its soul-destroying!

Offline Inlovew/Charlie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 18:57:03 pm »
Stacy,

Would you mind sharing how much extra you gave to your baby during the day ?

I BF, but have also tried giving an extra oz.
of EBM after a couple feeds. It seems on the days I don't do it, he wakes up more at night. Sometimes he spits up so much afterwards I feel like I'm forcing too much. It's hard to know what to do. I guess I'll just keep up the experiments..ha! We have made  a lot of progress in transitioning to 4 hr easy. His naps have stretched longer ( with the help of a pacifier at the 40 min. mark ), and seems to be able to stay awake almost the full 2 hours at least in the first half of the day. I think we are almost there. Now we just have to decide who's more dependant on that pacifier-him or us....ha!

Charlie's mom

Offline Inlovew/Charlie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 20:34:54 pm »
I guess that sounded bad how I originally worded it. My lo also seems to drink it up, it's just afterwards we get more spit up, so that's why it was confusing to me. I have just done 1 oz extra . I was just curious  how you figured out that he needed more and if so how much and how long you kept suppplementing.

Also would love to hear  how you weaned your lo and how long it took.

Thanks !

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Sudden night wakings - at 3 months
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 20:53:42 pm »
you may want to start by increasing just a half oz at a time or so as his belly probably isn't big enough to hold the extra ounce as of yet. work your way up slowly and everything should be fine!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Gina(formerly sydnimom)

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 13:20:45 pm »
Hi ladies,

I'm having the same problem here at 4 months. Actually Brandon turned 4 months on Tuesday and the night wakings started Wednesday night. They are random and FREQUENt. He seems hungry whne he waking and roots incessantly. He also wakes up hysterically crying - he is not playing in his crib. I also have noticed that his daytime sleep seems interrrupted as well. He is on a 3 hour easy - so today I'm moving him to 3.5 hours and then to 4. I'm leaving for Jamaica next Friday I hope I can get this sorted out by then.

Any advice? Do you think moving from 3 to 4 is a good idea? Do you think it's a growth spurt??

I need help getting through this.
Gina
Sydni - 10/16/02
Brandon - 11/28/05
Gina@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 17:05:27 pm »
This happened to a friend of mine last week, when her little girl was 4 months, she was just like that. Her cranial osteopath told her to expect a growth spurt, so I'm guessing that's what it is? This 3-4 month thing is tough! Enjoy Jamaica, babies seem to do well on holiday!