Author Topic: I'm back...what a mess!  (Read 4710 times)

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: I'm back...what a mess!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 22:05:20 pm »
Fingers and toes crossed for you.

I think that we find it more difficult if they wake earlier because we have probs gone to bed at 10ish and hope for a few hours and then get woken up just as we are sleeping off to dreamland, I read that this is how some countries tortured the enemy in the second world war, get them so tired that they were desperate for sleep, then let them fall asleep for a short time, then wake them just before they went into total dreamland.  So  there you have it, we have little Hitlers for children!!!

Offline luvmykiki

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 12:48:14 pm »
Just updating... I tried to post the other day but it got lost...??logged me off before posting. 

Anyway, the last time I posted I was ready for a long night but she slept through til 5 *yipee*, the next day had one nap 2hr 20m, that night slept through again...then...yesterday.... one nap one hour  (!) went in late due to visitors and then woke early b/c I dropped a glass in the kitchen  :D   Anyhow, she woke at 10 last night and was awake off and on until 2, then woke at 6:30.  Is it possible she is just hyper-sensitive to the 'routine' of things that if things are off just a touch she reacts??? Did I make her like this by being SO stringent when we first did PU/PD at 7.5 months???? It work and, I'll admit, I was (?am) a routine FREAK ...there's next to nothing that I want to do more than sleep so I'm happy to turn down any offers to go out-and-about if it means messing with 'the routine'.  Need I say:  My husband thinks I'm nuts.
that's all for now...off to chase the toddler....LOoooooong mornings on one nap, I'll say!
~Susan
~Susan~  very sleepy and in love with my baby girl

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 13:40:49 pm »
Hi Susan,
Sorry you had a rough night,
If it makes you feel any better, our social life (such as it is) revolves around ds. We go out according to his, now one, nap, so if we are invited for lunch, we won't get there til he has napped properly, and if it is an earlier appointment, we won't go!
I know this sounds sad, but i think routine is important especially if they have got out of it.
What time does your dd go to bed? We have started putting theo down a half hour later again, 7.30, even if he naps only for an hour, which he does in the week cos he is at day care.
I don't think the pu/pd has had any conseuences, cos i was really regimented wihthi at 6 months when he went into his cot in his own room.
Jo x

Offline mari

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 16:09:53 pm »
I give up my social life in place of naps, it's so important to stick to a routine.  (It is for Alex anyway)

Offline luvmykiki

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 00:45:12 am »
Well, just wanted to update.... We are SO out of whack that it's actually funny.  This girl is TOO much.  So when I left off we had had a horrible night...I tried for one nap that day and it was 1hr 20min.  Bummer.  To bed early that night...asleep by 6:30...up at 10:00 then back to bed until 4:50 (what is it with that time??) then 6:30 for the day.  Next day, one short nap again....UG.  Early to bed last night, up at 11, back until 4:43 (then 6:20 for the day). So today I decided that she's too overtired and I should go to 2 naps...Put her in at 9am and she played for a while and fell asleep around 10:40, slept 'til 11, then put down at about 2:15...NO NAP.  Exhausted this evening and went to be at ~6:15.  She is just too much.  I would say that maybe I should've woke her after an hour or so of sleep this morning but whenever I did that a couple of weeks ago it didn't matter and she would skip the afternoon nap (I posted about this at the time). 
I'm pretty sure that I totally give up!   We're off for our long trip this saturday so I'm just going to try and get her the most sleep that I can while we're away and   :D  :D  :D work on things when we return..... Hope you all are doing well....and sleeping!!
~Susan~  very sleepy and in love with my baby girl

Offline mari

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 21:34:50 pm »
Have a great trip and hopefully we can help you out when you return.

andibig

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 14:07:54 pm »
susan
hope you have a good trip ;D ;D
sasha is exactly the same in regards to naps.shes been on one nap for a while now and even if shes ill she will absolutely refuse to take a 2nd nap!!!