Author Topic: Extended nursing thread part 3  (Read 58083 times)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Extended nursing thread part 3
« Reply #240 on: December 08, 2010, 22:37:16 pm »
Cadan rarely asks as I offer at the usual times but a few times lately he has asked at dinner time for some reason. He bangs my chest with both hands and comes at my cleavage with an open mouth. It's quite funny. I always give it is he asks.
We are doing one long 3hr nap 12.30-3.30 most days and we do BF after the nap. It does mean the 3 BFs are not evenly spaced but Cadan only feeds well when he has just woken up. I did actually do an extra BF before the nap today as he had lunch early but he only took about 4mins. He only took a couple minutes at BT again.  :(
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Whatbit

• Showing Appreciation 13
  • Triple Trouble
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2010, 00:00:18 am »
Aiden doesn't ask, but he gets super excited when I tell him it's time for some 'mommy juice" and if he's on the floor will run tot he bedroom.  In the am he wants nothing but me when DH goes to get him up and I'm pretty sure that he associates waking up from the night with nursing... 
~Stef~

Offline NZ_Mum

• Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2010, 09:14:43 am »
Isaac asks sometimes, he either runs to the nursing chair and bangs on it, or if i'm holding him he leans towards it and points. Occassionally if we're not in or around his room, he points at my chest and says "pipple" which is what he does after he's finished having a feed lately (pulls off and looks at the nipple and says "pipple" with a cheeky smile) ::)
-Cathy-

Offline gogomama

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2010, 11:12:09 am »
Hehehe. Pipple :) Thats cute Cathy.

DS has a special cry for when he wants milk, that he has been doing for about 6 months now. He just recently started pulling on my shirt also, but that is not as often. I always offer the am and pm feeds but wait for his lead on the mid day ones unless we are going out then I will offer.  I hope to start doing the "don't ask, don't refuse" method in the next month or so.

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2010, 17:31:20 pm »
Haha!  Pipple...  DS always looks at mine when he's done feeding with this funny little expression and then pokes at it.  That's when I tell him BF time is over!
~Stef~

Offline MommytoJashn

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • The Naughty Naugthy Girl !!
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2010, 12:05:27 pm »
So we are on a dont ask , dont refuse basis , for a few months ,now , but am regulary asked for when am back from work and when she wakes up in the morning. Both of them are emotional requirements as i see them , and hardly last more than 4-5 mins.

She asks of "boo boo" hehe, not sure where she got that from.

so she will point at the one she wants !

Offline Vicku

• "There is no way to happiness -happiness IS the way"
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2010, 12:06:25 pm »
:) Love hearing about your cuties!!

I'm in pain :( After the left boob healed and nursing became painfree on that side, it started on the right (and worse!). Now my right breast has a sore on the side from the top tooth rubbing. It was agony to feed last night and this morning so I started using Lansinoh again. Anybody else had this problem when teeth came in? I'm not sure if it is a latch issue that needs me to do anything or if it will sort itself out ??? Don't have any experience of nursing with teeth but have read about it that you may need to work on the latch again. Just not sure how I'll get her to co-operate with that :P She just wants to do her thing LOL Any tips or experience girls?
"Very Proud Mummy Blessed with 3 Spirited Girls"
[url=http://daisypath.com][img]

I Breastfed DD1 9.5 months and DD2 21.5 months
"Babies don't sleep, they are only on charge"

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »
never had an issue with teeth Vick and mine had 16 each by the time I stopped LOL!

any tiny nibbling for me was a sign that they were done and just using me to comfort suck....

you may need some re-latching work it seems.

big hugs

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2010, 16:58:42 pm »
Ouch, Vicku!!  Big hugs!  I sometimes have issues with DS but it's totally latch-related- I can see teeth marks close to my nipples and it usually happens when he's really OS and wiggly.  I found laying down to nurse helped because he could move his body around and stay latched on ok.  Are her teeth just coming in?  Could also be that she's not really sure what to do with them yet too.  DS went for a few weeks where he had his tongue sticking out all the time- I guess to feel where the tooth was coming in- and those were the worst for nursing.  Now that all his front teeth are in it's ok even though he's teething again. 
~Stef~

Offline Vicku

• "There is no way to happiness -happiness IS the way"
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2010, 19:18:32 pm »
Are her teeth just coming in?  Could also be that she's not really sure what to do with them yet too.
Yes, I think this may be it, and hope she does figure it out soon! This pm she was really fretful and I had a look and two more top teeth are making their way through the gums! That'll be five teeth in one month... Was biting me several times during the bedtime feed just now too, eventually I gave up and said no more milk before bed. She was upset but fell asleep a while after. Awful pain from the sore, feels like the first week after she was born all over again :P
Sorry for moaning :-[ Just need to vent a bit.
"Very Proud Mummy Blessed with 3 Spirited Girls"
[url=http://daisypath.com][img]

I Breastfed DD1 9.5 months and DD2 21.5 months
"Babies don't sleep, they are only on charge"

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2010, 21:44:48 pm »
I had a period when some teeth were cutting when it was really uncomfortable and I though it wa sthe beginning of the end for us but it did get better again after a few days. I do find if I stuff in as much boob as I can he has to keep his mouth wider and he can't press as hard and it is more comfy.

K is definitely less interested than he use to be. Sometimes in the mornings he asks (signs) for breakfast rather than his BF but he still asks in the evenings and occasionally i the day. He rarely says no if I offer though.

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2010, 22:39:24 pm »
Is your sore a milk blister, Vicku? 
~Stef~

Offline writelydivided

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Jack, Maggie, Sam
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2010, 03:37:39 am »
Thought I'd update. . . still going, just AM and PM, now for almost 2 weeks. Seems fine!

With the exception of a Saturday short nap when she woke up crying and drowsy. I brought a cup of milk, as she's been having with the Nanny, and she took it for a minute, pushed it away, and said "MILK! MILK!" (it sounds oddly like a combination of MILK and BOOK, I have a hard time distinguishing these two words!); I tried a book, that didn't help; tried the cup again, that didn't help, and she said "MILK! MILK!" and pulled at my shirt like she was about to tear it off. Whoa! I guess I figured out what she wanted.
Rachel

Proud mom of Joshua Alexander, born 06-09-06
Samuel James, born 05-12-08
Maggie Jean, 08-15-09

Offline inoella

« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2010, 21:28:23 pm »
Justing popping on to say "so long" - Ella is officially weaned from mommy! For lots of reasons I decided to go cold turkey and although I felt really guilty the first night she did great with DH and her sippy and didn't even ask to nurse by the second day. I'm proud to have nursed for 14 months and feel good about where we are now.

Congrats to you all for keeping it up. Happy Nursing!  :)
*Jaci*

Offline Whatbit

• Triple Trouble
« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2010, 00:01:28 am »
I'm proud to have nursed for 14 months and feel good about where we are now.
:) 
~Stef~