Author Topic: Jan/Feb 05 chat - Thread #3  (Read 116376 times)

Daniel's mummy

Jan/Feb 05 chat - Thread #3
« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2006, 14:09:21 pm »
I just bought Daniel one of the NUby straw cups.  He loves playing with it but he won't suck on it!  What can I do to make him drink from it?!  (Oh dear I see another cup making it's way to the back of the cupboard!)

Offline dkjokisch

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #781 on: January 12, 2006, 14:18:56 pm »
She'll be 1 tomorrow.  One year ago today I was in labor.  Time flies!  However, I must go clean as my parents will be here this afternoon.
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)

Offline thitz

• Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
« Reply #782 on: January 12, 2006, 14:57:56 pm »
Branwen, hope your weaning starts going well soon.  I would think it will be a relief for your body physically and let you gain some weight back:)  As for activity that we do together, she likes me to show her how to nest her cups together, she pulls these large plastic sign language cards from my hands and sorts thru them, she brings me a toy and I give it back.  We used to do a lot more together but if I sit too close to her she wants me to pull her up so she can start walking.  She still doesn't crawl yet or pull up by herself.

Heather, Emily likes canned kidney beans.  She didn't digest the skin (can you guess how I know :wink: ) but otherwise they didn't give her any tummy aches.

Molars, I should check Emily too.  She has 7 teeth right now and hasn't stopped drooling since forever.  I go thru two bibs each A time :wink:

Us, went for lunch with dh yesterday and ran a few errands together so we headed home in the car for 20mins just at nap time.  Well, I clapped, got the dog to bark, reached back and tapped my fingers on her head, pulled her ears, played with her fingers and she still fell asleep for like 5mins.  So, when I put her in her crib, she basically played on and off for 30mins and then was up for the rest of the afternoon  :o .

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #783 on: January 12, 2006, 15:29:28 pm »
Oh my goodness, happy birthday to Maya tomorrow!  Deborah, let us know how her b-day goes.  Weep, weep.
A time is spent conviencing Kelsey to stay in the living room where we play.  She'll flit around from toy to toy, but is always finding something to pull up on and walk away.  And I don't want to hamper her walking practice, so I'll follow her around until my back just kills me.  If she'd stay in the one room, I wouldn't have to follow her hunched over ready to catch her.  But when she goes near the hardwood I freak out.  The non-slip socks are great, but she still falls on any floor.  She does like to "waller" on pillows on the floor and thinks it's funny if I do it to.  She likes to bang things together.  She'll sit momentarily and babble to her blocks, sort through her books then play with the basket.  She loves for the dog to run circles around her like they are chasing, but I can't always talk the dog into that.  She would gladly play with the dog's toys for hours, but ewwwh.  I'm going to get her some rubber balls that look like the dog's and hope the dog doesn't get them.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline sedona314

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #784 on: January 12, 2006, 15:39:35 pm »
Happy Birthday Maya!!!

Matty's is in two weeks.  wow

Hazel, great picture. I cant believe how much your SIL is going through.  Hope she feels better and gets home soon.

Vidya, nice to have you back.

Julie, thank you for the video clip.  I loved it!  great toy, and Asher is just so cute.  I havent been to the web site to see all our babies, now I want to go, how do i do that?

Branwen:  I usually just sit on the floor with Matty and he will come over to me when he wants to.  He likes me nearby while he is playing and he alternates between "allowing" me to interact, and just wanting me to watch.  Conversely, he is not okay for more then ten minutes (safely in pak and play) if Im not in the room.  For example, I can leave him in the Pak and play while I am preparing meals and cleaning up and he is fine as long as I am in the kitchen with him.  But if I leave the room he is only okay for about ten minutes and then cries for me to come.   Should he be more independent than this?

I'm honestly wondering how some of the mom's here can get so much done,as when I dont have help, I am with him all the time, unless he napping, and my computer is in the office which is not a safe place for him.

Julie
Matthew 1/31/05  spirited/textbook

Daniel's mummy

« Reply #785 on: January 12, 2006, 18:07:33 pm »
My SIL and her lo have gone home :D  :D  :D   I was due to go visit her this afternoon and she phoned to say they were being discharged.  I burst into tears in the middle of the supermarket I was so happy :oops:   I just hope and pray this is the last of her problems.  Now she can start to properly enjoy her dd.  Yay.  Thanks for all of your well-wishes.

I bought Daniel his first pair of shoes today.  They're really soft cruising ones and soooo cute.  He even got a photo taken in the shop of him standing wearing them (part of the shop's incentive to get you to buy there :) )  He has a really serious look on his face - the assistant tried her best to get him to smile but no such luck.  And yep, he's spent most of the afternoon chewing them :lol:   He probably just thinks they're an expensive new teether!

Offline julieb

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • I think I need a bigger pool.
« Reply #786 on: January 12, 2006, 19:44:56 pm »
Asher's still sick, though the fever is less today.  He's still asleep for his morning nap, 2 hr 20 min and counting!  :shock:   I'm kinda in the mindset of letting him sleep as long as his body wants when he's sick because his body needs the sleep to heal itself.  But he's sleeping through lunch and I wonder if this will just cancel the afternoon nap?  :?:   Should I wake him?  Should I just let him go, try for a short afternoon nap later and/or put him to bed early?  He went to bed early last night because he took short naps yesterday and was tired by 7 pm.
Julie
DS 1/31/05 (spirited/textbook but a touchy sleeper)
DD 10/15/10 (textbook/angel/spirited)

Offline Schae

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #787 on: January 12, 2006, 19:45:30 pm »
Happy Birthday for Maya tomorrow! Cannot believe how this year has flown past!

Hazel, great news on your SIL!!

I started back at work today, so dont really have much time to catch up yet. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things. Still a bit low, but will get over it.

Will post new vids of Luka soon lol!!  :lol:
Proud mama to
Luka 22 Feb 2010 Textbook/Spirited
Tiisetso 18 Sep 2010 Textbook/Touchy
and three little angels

Offline thitz

• Emily and Elliot
« Reply #788 on: January 12, 2006, 19:45:49 pm »
Heather, my back was killing me too for a month or two with following Emily around (you might remember all my complaints).  But thankfully she's now really good and I just sit somewhere in the room and she walks all around while I watch.  I think it's just a wait it out thing.

Offline julieb

« Reply #789 on: January 12, 2006, 19:47:21 pm »
Well, nevermind, he's awake!  :lol:   Deb, I guess this site DOES jinx us!!  :wink:
Julie

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #790 on: January 12, 2006, 19:48:12 pm »
Hazel that's wonderful!!! oh how exciting for everyone.  hope they are able to catch up on their rest at home.

Julie - happy anniversary!   
when luke was sick, i did wake him up to eat, but other than that i let him sleep when he wanted.  the whole time though, i was so paranoid that he'd wake up at night.   :roll:  :oops:  couldn't just let myself enjoy the peace & quiet!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!!! 

Branwen - good luck with the weaning.  you need to stay healthy too.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline julieb

« Reply #791 on: January 12, 2006, 20:00:10 pm »
Well, I heard a peep, now he's quiet again.  So who knows!  :roll:   I'm just gonna let him sleep.

JulieG, you can click on the dropshots link in my signature to view Asher's video site.  On the right side of the main page under "friends," I think I have links to everyone else's video pages as well.
Cambell0520 is Heather & Kelsey
Choochieb is Michelle & Kinlagh
Crebner is Christine & Leah
Echohush is Branwen & Eirwen
ER is Tarri & Emily
KMC is Kate & Ciara
Schae is Schae & Luka

And speaking of videos, I'd LOVE to see some of these other babies in action!  Especially Olivia with some of the stories we hear!!  :lol:  :lol:

Hazel, so glad to hear your SIL is going home.  That sounded like a nightmare!  :shock:

Oh, and I hear him again.  I think he's really up now!  Must go check on sleeping beauty...  :wink:
Julie

Offline julieb

« Reply #792 on: January 12, 2006, 21:50:35 pm »
So he slept 3 hours.  God help us!  :lol:

Have to share something cute and funny Asher started doing today....

When DH was teaching Asher to turn the light swtich on/off, he'd cheer and clap for him when he did it.  Now when Asher turns the light of with me, he cheers and claps for himself!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   I've got to get it on video!
Julie

Offline thitz

• Emily and Elliot
« Reply #793 on: January 12, 2006, 23:12:25 pm »
Mellissa, I forgot to reply to you.  Your nights sound horrible :(  And that's a good night :?: Eeeks.  Emily hasn't done those games since 6 months.  If it hasn't been going on too long I would guess teething.  Have you tried Advil?  If it is normal, I'm thinking maybe a change of your day routine is needed or maybe try and not pick up when you go in and no feeding till morning?  Did you post your day routine?  Hopefully someone in the group can help :!: Tarri

Offline diyasmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #794 on: January 13, 2006, 03:37:57 am »
Happy Birthday to Maya!
Vidya
Vidya
Diya 1/25/05 Angel/Textbook and very spirited