Author Topic: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four  (Read 58388 times)

Offline mmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 96
Re: What Did Your Toddler Eat Today? Part Four
« Reply #345 on: February 07, 2010, 23:11:47 pm »
2 licks of a dishwasher tablet that he's been desperate to get into his mouth for a week.
lol!!

Just checking out this thread for the first time and this is what I come across.  Too funny.
Kara

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2010, 21:18:05 pm »
Chandler is now past her two-week eating bonanza. Now she's only eating a few bites at each meal and pulling the old trick of refusing food before she tastes it. Then she asks for a cereal bar or a "chocolate cookie" an hour later. We bought her some whole grain granola cookies with dark chocolate chunks in them to give her when she's really asking for Oreos. Mean, I know.

Yesterday:
B: a couple of bites of pancakes, a couple of bites of bacon (unthinkable!)
S: at the zoo--cereal bar and goldfish crackers
L: refused cheeseburger and sweet potato fries (again, unthinkable)
S: (really lunch) macaroni and cheese with green peas
S: tropical fruit cup
D: Cheerios with milk due to a dinner mishap and raspberries

Today so far (home for a snow day)
B: half of a half of a whole grain English muffin with strawberry spread, half of a veggie sausage, refused orange slices, milk
S: raspberries and brownie(if she ever refused this I would take her to the hospital straight away), water
L: A few bites of Annie's organic box lasagna thingy (last night's dinner) and green beans, milk
S: probably more brownie and fruit
D: red beans and rice with chicken andouille sausage in honor of The Saints' win!
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
« Reply #347 on: February 08, 2010, 21:31:59 pm »
Well today was interesting!!

After several days of refusing/throwing/eating like a sparrow today was -
B - huge bowl of readybrek, 1/2 a plum, few bites of my toast
No S early L
L - insides of a jacket potato with tuna and sweetcorn mayo, 1/2 slice of raisin bread
D - wait for it... (this was over the course of about 2 hours eating in restaurant with ILs)
     3/4 pack of organix corn snacks
     2 Olives (never tried before)
     Insides of bread roll
     Some of my cheese and bacon potato skins
     About half of a pasta bolognese children's meal from the menu
     Begged for some of my haddock
     Yoghurt coated raisins
     Some ice cream from DHs pud     :o :o :o :o :o

Unsurprisingly we had a very VERY dirty nappy before he went to bed!!

Offline AshleyB

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • My Photos
« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2010, 21:35:44 pm »
I forgot--I've gotten banana Wheetabix at Wild Oats Market in the states. It was pretty good. It would be good cereal for a baby.
Mom to Chandler McCrea born April 2, 2008
Spirited/Textbook

Offline mumofalice

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2010, 08:06:42 am »
She's definitely eating well despite her illness Berni!! Do you think it is a growth spurt? Eating well and sleeping LOADS are sure signs of it here!

GS hadn't crossed my mind - as she isn't actually eating as much as she usually does. Also, although she's sleeping more in terms of time - she's having broken sleep due to mammoth coughing sessions  :( She didn't eat much at all yesterday and last night was her worst night of sleep yet - she's got HUGE ulcers in her mouth (again  :'( - which is probably why she's not eating) - I ended up sleeping on the floor next to her cot last night (which I've NEVER done before  :o) as I'd had to get up so many times to reassure her - DH is taking her to docs today . . .

So yesterday was:
B: porridge and raisins (didn't eat all), warm blackcurrant juice
S: fruit humzinger bar
L: spinach and gnocchi bake - DH said she had a meltdown when she saw it so offered her some cheese on toast - she ate a couple of bites and a pear
S: few of DH's wheat crunchies
D (out): couple of bites of garlic bread, couple of bites of macaroni cheese, juice
At Home: mini mullerice, 2 mini shortbread stars, bit of hot chocolate

2 licks of a dishwasher tablet that he's been desperate to get into his mouth for a week. 

PMSL Mashi - your LO is so funny (and super-cute in the most recent avatar  :-*)

Squeakersmum - that was one hell of an impressive dinner  ;D

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2010, 14:37:33 pm »
Berni- HUGE hugs for poor Alice!! I hope she gets sorted out soon! My heart goes out to you, I've done the sleep on the floor bit for Nick's worst breathing nights...get well vibes.

Squeakersmum- welcome to my world, girl! That is one crazy dinner! Great stuff!

Ashley- LOL about the brownie comment- that's how I KNOW Nick is feeling crummy- he'll refuse chocolate.

and LOL Mashi about the dishwasher tablet incident.

Let's see if I can conjure up yesterday's meals:
Nick ate:
B- raisin english muffin with peanut butter (made it by himself with supervision with toaster/knife), cantaloupe chunks, milk
L-homemade chicken soup , carrots, blueberries, peanut butter/oat bar, milk
S- raisins, juice, grapes, an olive
D-pot roast with onions, carrots, celery, bread, milk, applesauce

Today so far:
B- scrambled eggs, Kix cereal with milk, grapes, banana, juice
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

MummyToBen

« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2010, 15:47:55 pm »
Can I join?  :)

Seriously need some inspiration - ds has totally gone off his food (I'm guessing/hoping teeth as he cuurently only has one  :P) and I am at a loss as to what to give him as he's turning his nose up at almost everything.  So far today he's eaten like a bird....usually eats like a horse!!

B - about 6 bitesize weetabix, few cheerios, few sugar free wheat puffs and milk.  Threw loads.
S - couple of breadsticks
L - couple of mouthfuls of tuna and pineapple from a pitta bread 'pizza' (I obligingly finished off the rest!), few blueberrries
S - homemade maltloaf and now asking for more  ::)

xx

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2010, 17:40:58 pm »
Ya, the dishwasher tablet is getting to be a bit of a game for him now. After the first night, he's tried it every time he helps me with the dishwasher. Tonight he even pointed to the tablet, pointed into his mouth and then shook his head no. I asked if it was ok to put it in his mouth, he shook his head no. I asked where it went, and he pointed in the soap dispenser.  I handed it to him, and in one superhero swipe, yanked his dummy out of his mouth, gave the tablet a lick, threw it and ran away.

Sigh.

MummyToBen

« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2010, 18:49:29 pm »
That made me laugh out loud  :D!!  Oh, gosh, whenever I read your posts it's like looking a couple of months down the line - I can so see Ben doing exactly the same thing ::) :P

Offline mmom

• Showing Appreciation 96
« Reply #354 on: February 09, 2010, 19:11:03 pm »
Mashi, I can't believe how much they love to defy us already!
Kara

Offline mumofalice

« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2010, 07:58:52 am »
That made me laugh out loud

Me too  ;D
Sorry Mashi  ;) It's probably not that funny for you me dear . . . but you do make it sound hilarious, he's a cheeky wee man that's for sure!

Cathie - thanks for the hugs honey  :-* Turns out A's got a chest infection  :'( Nights are the hardest as the coughing is at it's worst - tho last night was an improvement and I did manage to sleep in my bed and only had to get up to her a couple of times - she whimpers my name, it's so sad.

Ashley - don't know how I missed the brownie comment the first time - but I went back to read it, LOL. At the moment I don't really think A knows what chocolate is (mean Mummy!) but if she refused cheese (or biscuits maybe) then I would be really worried - totally obsessed by cheese just now!

Yesterday:
B: shreddie and muesli mix - few mouthfuls, milk
S: None - DH took her to Docs and it was time for lunch when he got back
L: 2 slices of 'pizza toast' (minus the crusts  ::)), blueberries, juice - quite a good lunch
S: humzinger fruit bar
D: home-made roast dinner leftover pie with root veg mash (carrot, parsnip, swede/rutabaga) with gravy - needn't have bothered offering it as I think if I said she had a teaspoonful I would be exaggerating  :P, she did eat a little fromage frais and a pear, then her usual after dinner biscuits (2 shortbread stars) with a bit of hot chocolate

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2010, 15:52:12 pm »
Sorry Mashi  Wink It's probably not that funny for you me dear . . . but you do make it sound hilarious, he's a cheeky wee man that's for sure!

Well I do admit that the most frequently muttered sentence in this home is "Oh you little....!!" but he does make us laugh, even some of his naughties make me have to turn my back and stuff my fist in my mouth to keep from laughing!

Offline mumofalice

« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2010, 19:37:26 pm »
Mashi - it's a good job you have such a great sense of humour  :-*

Okay - today was a okay food-wise, right up until dinner.

B: porridge, couple of bites of my jam on toast, pear, juice
S: humzinger fruit bar
L: home-made cabbage & bean soup, slice of toast, blueberries
S: organix cereal bar
D: gave her the roast dinner leftover pie & root mash again - she had a few mouthfuls. DH wouldn't let her have anything else . . .

I really struggle with the after dinner treat thing - have mentioned it before, I know. Part of me thinks that if A isn't hungry enough to eat her dinner then she's not hungry enough for biscuits, etc. And the other part of me thinks that food shouldn't be seen as a reward - and we shouldn't encourage our children to overeat iykwim. Just wish I knew what was right  :-\

Offline nelliestar

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • Growing Up
« Reply #358 on: February 10, 2010, 20:48:41 pm »
Nursery Day today...

B - weetabix and milk, grapes, toasted fruit loaf
S - Corn cracker and milk
L - vegetable and chickpea casserole, rice, millet cake with jam topping, water
No Snack
D - vegetable pate sandwiches, banana pieces, water
Supper - Weetabix and warm milk, biscuit

DS has a cold and is teething but strangely he is eating and sleeping really well. Think he may be having a GS too!

Nell xxx
Bram Robert Reilly Con Fitzsimmons...Born 22/12/08
Angel/textbook....now with added spirit!
Our Happy Little Monkey xxxxx

Offline brenda2

• Showing Appreciation 227
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2010, 02:00:58 am »
I really struggle with the after dinner treat thing - have mentioned it before, I know. Part of me thinks that if A isn't hungry enough to eat her dinner then she's not hungry enough for biscuits, etc. And the other part of me thinks that food shouldn't be seen as a reward - and we shouldn't encourage our children to overeat iykwim. Just wish I knew what was right  Undecided

as a family we don't usually have dessert.  but sometimes dd1 will ask for cookies after dinner and if she hasn't eaten any dinner or only a few mouthfuls then i tell her no.  i agree - if she's not hungry enough for dinner then she's not getting a treat instead of veggies.  so i will tell her how much i need her to eat (usually 3 more bites or something like that) and if she does then she gets her cookies and if she doesn't then she doesn't get a cookie.  so far she's been fine with this.  no tantrums when we say no about this. 

B- 2 bowls of applesauce, banana
s-banana bread
L-baked beans. carrots, broccoli
s-fruit bar, animal crackers
D- 2 bites of baked beans, 1/2 PB&J sandwich