Author Topic: MPI and Poo - wayyy tmi.  (Read 12909 times)

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
  • Too busy to visit BW much, but still love it.
Re: MPI and Poo - wayyy tmi.
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2010, 17:24:10 pm »
I mean, if she was truly MPI she would be in alot of pain and unsettled with the reflux symptoms when you are eating it, and quite happy settled off it

See this is why I'm not convinced J has any 'true' intolerances! He's not in pain or unsettled! He had two nights of screaming, but right before he got a cold!

Lizzie I think what Eloise says is right, follow your instinct. xxx

GTG it's baby bed time. x
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2010, 18:08:40 pm »
If you aren't convinced Marsha then why not do a proper dairy trial? Nice big glass of milk and see??

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2010, 18:41:20 pm »
I will Liz. I'm staying on the diet for now to see if his cough clears up. It has seemingly got worse when I've cheated, but that could be coincedence!
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2010, 12:05:26 pm »
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your thoughts.  I do think that she poos more frequently when I am off the dairy and soy, although it could be coincidental but the timing was pretty much 2 weeks after I went off the dairy things started working better...but she is still has the huge wind build up which gets very bad when she needs to poo.  It may well just be her, but I do think that it's better to be off the dairy and soy for now and try a challenge later to see if things settle into a pattern....I don't mind being off them for now.

I just felt that she thinks that all maternal antigen avoidance is unnecessary and I think that sort of attitude is a bit misguided....perhaps she hasn't had a lot to do with people whose babies really do have issues??  Anyway as I said she was very kind and very supportive, but not expecially helpful!

Oh well, don't know what I was expecting...just want to do my very best by our little darling!

Hugs to all
xx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2010, 13:14:48 pm »
I cracked today and gave Megan a suppository - it has been 7 days and she was grunting and passing wind and waking all last night - by lunchtime she was crying as she strained to go but nothing was coming.

But she wasn't even remotely solid (as expected really) all loose and totally full of froth (like a million little bubbles). Few specks of fresh red blood as well - but very very few - would only have been noticed by an idiotic mama who was going fishing about in poo. Smell wasn't *too* bad, and was dark mustard.

So - what on earth is going on in her guts?!!

I'm not worried about the blood TBH as it is less than 2 weeks since I totally eliminated soy and dairy. But I am worried about the froth.

I'm also worried that she isn't passing at all TBH  :'( :'(.

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 22:33:36 pm »
Oh hugs honey,
It sounds like she has lactose overload too....what I read when I was researching it is because the lactase enzyme is released from the tiny microvilli on the inside of the gut if the GI system is inflamed then the lactase isn't released effectively, so the sugars will get into the lower bowel and ferment.  It might pay to put M on some lactase drops until her GI settles down from the MSPI???

Hugs honey, doesn't make sense when they go so SO long but then it's all liquidy does it??!!  This is what C does, usually she does have a "plug" but the rest is runny....it's odd like they just don't get the urge to push even thought they are farting and struggling with the bloating!!

Regardless sweetie I would give your paed a call and see what they say, but I know Eloise is using the drops and having quite a bit of success on them xx

Hugs hugs hugs
xxxx

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 23:49:55 pm »
yes the drops are fabulous we will be on them till hes established on solids.  His poos go from strength to strength  :P

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2010, 01:14:02 am »
That is just colief over here - I can buy that OTC (bit pricey though!).

She pooped again shortly after and is was great mucous globs and really really smelly  :-X.

Do you think this could just be the gut healing??

There was no plug at all either - just froth. Yuck yuck yuck yuck. But it wasn't green either.

Blimey, I'm sick of nappies! Analysis of Ms and fights with J!

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2010, 03:33:42 am »
Isn't it great, before kids poop just gets flushed. After kids you're either bathing in it, being showered in it, sniffing it, studying it or talking about it! If we get too many we moan, not enough we worry! When did poop take over?

{{{{hugs}}}} Liz, hopefully she's just getting better and the mucous is helping coat the bowels to protect them. xxx
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2010, 03:42:36 am »
She couldn't be teething or something too could she Liz?

Sorry to hear her nappy was so horrible after the frothy one....wish I had some advice as she is obviously "uncomfortable"...

Hugs and hugs and more hugs to you

Eloise, SO glad that the poos are settling down for K, brilliant news. You deserve a medal xoxoxox

Marsha, some days all I feel like I do is change poos, clean poos and worry about poos!!!  DS is toilet training now, and doing awesome, so things hopefully will soon ease up in that respect!!

xx

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2010, 16:12:35 pm »
She pooped again at 5.30am  ::) ::). But guess what?? A lot of stinky mucous, no blood and some seeds  :o. I can't remember the last time I saw some seeds!!

A lot less windy now - but I guess the next question is what happens next? Back to the same or more improvement? I know which I would prefer.

I am wondering about lactose imbalance, but can't imagine how she is getting it. My supply seems low ATM and her increased night feeds imply the same, but I guess she is becoming somewhat distractable .

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 22:36:41 pm »
Hi all, Well after two days where things were much better we are back to crazy windy miss.....am wondering if its teeth related. dunno and too tired to think xx

hugs liz and YAY for seeds (they prove there is good hindmilk coming through at least!!!)
xxxxx

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2010, 01:15:59 am »
Lizzie - I just don't get this - it is most bizarre - another non seedy mucous mess then a day off with loads if wind and straining again.

I wish one of us could crack it as I'm sure they have the same issue. I'm starting lactase drops and probiotics as soon as my order arrives. Got to try, right??

((hugs)) my darling and ~~~wind wind go away~~~ vibes

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2010, 04:01:50 am »
Ohh thank you for those vibes sweetie, I have to say I have not had anything like the rough ride you have, but the symptoms do seem similar don't they?

Since I looked at the post of normal poos I'm not all that concerned about Cs as I can see that the range of "normal" is just huge, but all the wind just doesn't seem right!  I have kind of reconciled to the fact that I am just going to have to deal with it for now and hope she grows out of it, but I must admit I had some stern words with her at about 5:45 this morning about sleeping at SOME point during the night!!!

Having said which if my tummy was that bloated I doubt I would be able to sleep either, poor little darling. 

A tiny little poo this morning so hopefully more to come before the day is out and a better night tonight (hahaha)...I think it's frustrating because when all is ok she will take a couple of 2 hour naps, wake once for a feed over night and she is just a dream baby...a lovely, smiley, contented little thing...stupid wind!

Hugs to you also my dear friend and your gorgeous little M and J, you are often in my thoughts when I am up and struggling to settle C to sleep ;)
xx

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2010, 05:38:04 am »
Yes it is the disrupted sleep which is so hard isn't it? Megan is dreadful again this week and I'm just not sure what changed. I am starting to get some feed to sleep issues as I can't have her unsettled and waking J.

I'm sad though as I really thought I had the answer.

I do struggle to wind her after a feed as she is too sleepy and floppy, and I'm too tired to put the effort it.