Author Topic: Short nights  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 10:59:03 am »
Hi Fleur - all already said everything so just popping with some small support.

Agree with the ladies that sleep needs drop that age, but my general advice would be:
- going towards set times rather then A time; mainly to stress less... I have to tell you that I was more stressed with EWU as thinking how the day will go after 5:30 WU and how tired F will be, what time the nap should be etc; now if he wakes earlier, I just say to myself "fine, your choice... not to sleep, but the nap is at 12"
- we are doing nap at 12 but F is in the nursery 5 days a week and really tired so different story; I read that when they get older moving nap is important to prevent EWU but general sleep needs are not changing... ykwim? so you just move the nap, making morning A longer, but keeping afternoon A shorter; they just need A blocked in one longer slot
- stuck to a routine; we already went through different stages of 1-2 weeks of fuffing at BT or unhappy WU but I just stick to the routine and it passes
- are you BF before or after bath in the evening? it's worth moving it 30min before settling so for them no to join these two moments.

hth
~Marta

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
Re: Short nights
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 14:46:15 pm »
Thanks for support and advice, lovely Marta:)
so you just move the nap, making morning A longer, but keeping afternoon A shorter; they just need A blocked in one longer slot
This is exactly what I was going for but I feel with E, instead of short A to bed, I will have to start capping the nap as she seems to need a longer A now. Lol. Keeps me on my toes, this one!

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 18:32:23 pm »
Yes I think many LOs take nice long naps once settled on the 1 nap routine, but then start to need it capped, I know my DS did, although he was older! So I'd push his nap gradually later as needed, but also cap it when needed.

Offline athenasmom

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • What ice cream ... I had no ice cream!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 05:44:46 am »
DD capped her naps on her own now that we settled into the 1 nap routine. Our 2.5 + hour naps are now reduced to 1 hour 45 min or 2 hours max if she had a shorter night. On the other hand our nights got a little longer and now are usually over 11 hours. Unfortunately not uninterrupted though. But that's another issue  :P
*Suzanna*

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 07:23:43 am »
The past 2 days, we've had short naps ( 1.30 & 1.15 yesterday - we're in a WW) and 12.5 hour nights ::) I think I'm just going to push the nap later gradually and cap it to end between 2 and 2.30. Let's see if that works out. On a side note, I've stopped logging our days. Not intentionally, just had so much happening. What a relief to just go with the flow