Author Topic: Waking every 3 hrs at night  (Read 11526 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 17:47:49 pm »
Thank you :)! I would just put them in the car and go out but he's crying constantly I can't put him down to even get dressed or eat! And I feel like if I just met him do another cn on the go that I'm going to regret it later and that he just needs one good restful sleep ya know. I'm a slave to naps and I hate it. I'm also having a hard time dealing with the crying it's so stressful and upsetting. He's been up since 840 it's 145! Does that really happen?  I do keep trying to put him down every so often but no luck. He just cries and cried and cried so do i

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Waking every 3 hrs at night
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 20:39:53 pm »
Do you have a sling/wrap/carrier?  I would just strap him on if you can and see if he'll take a longer nap that way.  It doesn't give you much of a break but it might get some sleep into him ya know? 

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 22:12:55 pm »
He finally slept in my arms for 1.5 430-6! Yay but now I'm not sure when to put him to bed. He's still in my arms in and out of sleep yawning. Maybe I should try to feed and put to bed.

Offline FPT23

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2016, 00:28:01 am »
I'm sorry hun. Plenty of hugs your way ...it sure is frustrating but one thing is for sure- this will pass!

Yes I had that many times when he had been up and just didn't nap and was crying for what seemed like forever! ....just comfort as often as you can or see why he's crying. Does he have reflux or anything that could be causing discomfort?

Xo
Fabi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2016, 00:42:02 am »
No not that I know of. He's always been a bit fussy. I guess it's just the ot now. thank you for your help though I appreciate it :)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 14:10:16 pm »
 Yesterday we finally got some naps after a few days without any.  One was 20 minutes two were 30 minutes each and one was one hour.  But then he was up from 3 o'clock until he passed out at bedtime at six.  Today he took a 45 minute nap from 730 to 815!!  Which was great for him.  Still having an issue with the feedings not lining up.  He wasn't due to eat until 10 o'clock but was due for a nap at 9:45 it takes him about 25 minutes to eat and the earliest I can get him to eat is 945.  Which brings is a time to two hours.  This morning I have to take his brother to the doctor so I can't put him down for a nap I have to just hope he'll sleep in the car.   When that happens when do you put them down for the next nap?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 15:44:08 pm »
We just got back from dr and she said that he was probably teething and it was affecting sleep to give him Tylenol !

Offline FPT23

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 20:35:53 pm »
Hello- hope the teething meds work :)

When you have errands, and he takes a short nap on the go, just reduce the next A time

:)
Fabi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 22:39:10 pm »
He did good today 3 45 min naps one 30 min nap in the car so not bad. Average 1.5 A time. I would swaddle him put him in crib and stand next to it and sing softly and he fell asleep.  The only thing was his feedings were off because of the naps and he was due to eat at 6 o'clock but he was so tired that He fell a sleep after 2 ounces so I expect he'll be up sooner than later to eat.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2016, 23:03:30 pm »
I still keep getting a few 30 min naps and one or two 40-45 min naps. I feel like all I do is get him ready for a nap and then turn around and get him and start over 1.5 later. And I'm still having bedtime struggles where he falls asleep after eating I put him down and a few mins later he's crying. I go in pick him up and he falls back. He does this sometimes over the course of an hour I can't figure out why. Unless it's just an ot buildup? In total day time sleep he's only getting 2.5 hrs!

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 23:38:11 pm »
The BT stuff does sound like OT buildup.  Honestly, 30-45min naps were frequent here with both my LOs, DD sorted hers out around 4.5 months and DS around 6 months.  The best thing you can do is just try to keep with age appropriate A times (which you are) and try to resettle where possible.  If you can't resettle because you have other LOs at home, you have an appointment to make or whatever, then shorten the next A slightly and keep on with the day.  I know how frustrating it is hun, and some days it is easy to accept the short naps and move on, and other days you are just desperate for them to take a long nap.  How have the nights been recently?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 01:43:29 am »
Today he took an hour nap after a 2 hr A time which makes it even harder to figure out lol! It's hard to resettle mostly because he wakes happy not crying if that makes sense. Nights are good he's waking once around 2-245 am and then again at 6 for the day. But going to sleep is tricky with him waking so much at first and crying. But every night is still very different even when I think he's getting on a schedule he'll go and wake at 1 and then 430-5 am.

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2016, 02:17:29 am »
Hmmm makes me wonder if he needs a wee bump in A time?  Especially if when he wakes he isn't crying, sounds like UT possibly.  He's 13 weeks now?  Maybe try a 1.40hr A time.  I found this stage super tricky with A times until we got to a consistent 2hr A time/4hr EASY, I found being off by even 5mins made a difference which was super annoying because then you are trying to clock watch with other LOs running around...not 'easy' lol

Offline FPT23

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2016, 04:56:29 am »
Hi-

As I have mentioned before hun, this is very common and developmental. I did say mine didn't get longer naps until the 5/6 mth range as well. You also had mentioned to me you are unable to resettle naps and it can be tough with other siblings at home.

I too remember having a difficult time around that age. It's just easier when they can handle longer A times hun. For now, as I had told you before- anyway you can get baby to sleep, just go for it. He needs the rest and if it means going out for car rides, wearing him, taking him out on a stroll then by all means!

I remember purposely making sure I left the house and stayed out JUST to avoid even doing any naps at home. It was extra work I was over doing and it was always just stressful. Especially as the day went on the naps were always a tad more difficult.

As Lindsay said, and I had mentioned to you as well, try and stick to the "AVERAGE" A times as best as you can. It's frustrating to say the least! I hear ya! I was just there a few months ago. But the best solution is just getting out and about... napping on the go. My thing was to try and get at least the morning nap at home, in his crib (I started doing naps in his crib around 3.5 mths if I remember correctly. One at a time) ...since it is the most restorative. If I could I would try for nap 2 also but I PURPOSELY left the house after that. I did not want to handle or deal with naps ;) haha! It really helped.

Hugs! Xo
Fabi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 10:31:47 am »
Well our naps are gradually increasing he still takes 30 min naps but I've gotten some 50 min naps most recently with an average A time of 1 hr 25 mins. But I'm starting to get more frequent night Wakings. I usually feed and put him to sleep around 6/630 being that he doesn't sleep much during the day by 6 he passes out but he's been waking to eat around 10-11 pm then last night up again at 430 and fell back until 545 almost like his first nap!