Author Topic: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA  (Read 10706 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 10:17:25 am »
Hi Sweetie,

He's been extremely difficult all day and acting wild.

In our house this behaviour ^ screams OT. Sam goes 'hyper OT' too.

I brought BT back to 7:30 for tonight but he's still wide awake in bed now and it's 8:00pm.

I would say this is OT and not UT as my best guess. I still advocate an early PD for BT, because as long as he isn't upset and is just lying there trying to sleep, it is extra rest, and that does help. Also it would probably be the case with a later BT, that he has an extended settling time, so again that makes it a good call.

How was the night  ???

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 10:55:10 am »
Definite OT. Woke 2 times crying- quickly resettled. But woke before 7:00am going nuts and cant calm down.

What do you suggest for today? Let him nap long (if he will nap!)?
Any Suggestions on times?

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 11:31:24 am »
But woke before 7:00am going nuts and cant calm down.

What do you suggest for today? Let him nap long (if he will nap!)?
Any Suggestions on times?

Oh bless him. My suggestion would be a midday nap, if he will take it. I would maybe give him 1.5 hours and go with an 7.30 PD for bed in the hope he will be asleep at a 13 hours day max, if he takes the longer nap. As always no guarantees Honey  :(.

Good luck! .x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 16:44:37 pm »
Thank you!! He was so tired (more sleepy than wired) so I put him down at 12:30 and he was out but 12:40pm. I'll wake at 2:00ish and then PD at 7:30pm as you suggested.
Xx

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 10:19:05 am »
So your advice worked perfectly! XX
Yesterday was:
6:45am (screaming, OT)
12:40-2:10 (I let him wake on his own)
pD at 7:30, asleep by 7:45

No NW!!so he must have caught up on sleep. He started stirring around 5:45am but he's still resting and hasn't said anything yet. He seems awake but still resting nicely.

Now the question is...what for today?! Do I go back to the capped 1hr nap? Still at 1:00pm and PD 7:45?

Update- it's 6:45am and he's still resting nicely but he's awake. It seems he never went back to sleep after 5:45am but he did rest for an additional hour. So only a 10ish hour night.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:51:58 am by Mandy.kamal »

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 11:44:42 am »
So your advice worked perfectly! XX

Oh I love it when that happens lol ;) wish I could get it right in my house!

Okay Hun, so my gut is this. To keep the morning A time short. I would put down after 5 hours if you think that is achievable. If you do this you should be able to allow for a longer nap and let him sleep 1.5. I would however go with WU being from when you got him out of bed otherwise his nap would be too early. Sorry I know this is late or today :( but maybe this:

WU 7.00 (out of bed)

Nap 12.00 to 1.30

BT Asleep by 8, maybe PD at 7.30 in case he can't handle the long afternoon, and will sleep sooner.

I know we're going back and forth here Honey, but it does seem as if the 1 hour nap wasn't enough, and I am inclined to hope the nap can be longer as well as the day length, which will hopefully help his day start at a reasonable time and avoid EW setting in. The long PM should help for a good night, if he is able to take the early nap. This worked for DS for quite some time during the 1-0. When most were saying push the nap out, I brought if forward an hour to allow for a longer nap and less BT resistance.

How does that sound to you  ???

x.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 14:27:58 pm »
I agree that he must need more than an hour day sleep.

But...today is going to be a mess. He was all out of sorts and fussy from when I got him. We left for an hour drive to my dads and he passed out in the car at 9:30am (he never sleeps in the car either!) we woke him at 10:00am though.

No clue what to do now. I'll try for nap at 1:00 I guess and then cap at 2:00. BT at 8:00pm??

I think he does need 1.5 nap still or at least 1hr 15/20 mins. Maybe our ideal day would be:
7:00
12:30- 1:45/2:00
8:00

What do you think for today and also going forward??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 14:37:06 pm by Mandy.kamal »

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 17:38:49 pm »
He's not napping...I put him down and 1:00pm and he's just playing in bed. I have no clue what to do and I'm about to leave and my dad is babysitting him. Not sure what to tell him to do...I was hoping to get a 30 min nap out of him...ugh

Update: it's 2:00 and he's screaming. lomg story short- 2 poops and a milk and water later, he laid down and relaxed but never fell asleep. My dad got him up at 3:00.

Any idea on BT?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 19:33:56 pm by Mandy.kamal »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 25 mo increase in NWs + SA
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 10:53:03 am »
Hi there. Just stopping by with some moral support really.
Vicki isn't around today, but she has given some great advice which I think you can continue to follow (reply #35 has a rough routine to aim for), I'd go with that for now. it would take a few days for the routine to settle before looking at any further tweaks anyway.
Sorry you had a rough one yesterday, LOs are so unpredictable with car naps and such aren't they - just to keep us guessing!

Hang in there, aim for the routine (either the 12.00 nap Vicki suggested or the 12.30 you suggested - either for now just stick with one) and see how the next few days pan out.
x

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 12:52:56 pm »
Thank you so very much! I appreciate you taking the time to read through all this and offer your advice. I think I'll stick with the 12:30pm nap for a few days.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 13:20:45 pm »
Great. Hang in there x

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 00:03:50 am »
He's really off track. He's been with my dad most of the weekend and it's been chaos. Today he woke at 7:00 and napped at 12:20-1:40pm. I had to leave and asked my dad to put him down at 7:30 latest but I got here at 7:45 and they were just doing bath and he was a wreck. I put him down immediately and he was crying and screaming again like the night before. I'm Jist glad he had a decent nap today. Expecting NWs tonigh as well but hope to be back on track next week...

Just holing this weird weekend doesn't throw things off too much. I'll just see how this weeks goes and come back on aftera few days a see how things are. Right now OT is winning and he seems like he's starting to get sick as well....

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 08:57:50 am »
I hope he isn't poorly :(

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 12:43:04 pm »
I wanted to pop on real quick to thank those of you who helped me. Things are back on track now and I could not be more greatfull. All of your advice and guidance (since my son was born) has helped me tremendously. Please know your time spent on here helping other mothers is so appreciated. Xx

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 20:11:37 pm »
What a lovely update :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to come and post, it's always lovely to hear what happens next :)