Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about 3:2 nap transition? Part 3  (Read 9795 times)

Online creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 457
Re: Anyone want to talk about 3:2 nap transition? Part 3
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2016, 10:03:07 am »
Hello welcome to BW forums :)
If your DS is adaptable to the different routines on different days (he does seem to be based on your two different routines) then I'd suggest a home routine where the CN is dropped - and if possible move the two naps a bit later so that it is not a very long A time to BT or do a slightly earlier BT. And a not-home routine where you keep the 4.30pm CN - and if possible drop one of the morning CNs instead so that the day becomes CN, long nap, CN.  With one of the morning CNs dropped he might be more willing to go down for the late afternoon CN to make that easier but each A time wouldn't get overly long. It's just that if you reduce the late afternoon one and then drop it there is a very long A time between nap and BT and I assume you have the school run to fit in.
Many people have non-standard routines to fit around school etc, if you find something that suits you and your LO and the family then that's ideal even if it isn't two long naps every day.
hope this helps :)

Offline IsabelaTsuji

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Anyone want to talk about 3:2 nap transition? Part 3
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2017, 18:49:17 pm »
(I apologize for the english, I'm trying my best)

Hello, I'm from Brazil and me and my husband have applied Tracy Hogg's methods since our LO was 5 days old.

Now he is 5 1/2 mo, sleeps independently and is only breast fed.

For the past 10 days he has early waking ( by 5:20 am), I read about it here in the forum, so I'm trying the 3-2 transition naps for the last 3 days.
The problem is it doesn't seem to be working.

Our routine yesterday:

5:20 am woke up (not crying); I waited 10 min, I gave him his pacifier
6:15 am woke up, BF
8:30 am nap (I tried to stretch the longest he supported, but he had all signs of tiredness)
10:00 am BF + A
13:00 pm nap
14:20 pm BF + A
17:00 pm CN 20 min (was so tired) --> BF
19:20 bath + BF (a little, almost nothing)
20:00 pm overtired, BT (easily)
04:15 am noises, slept by himself ( by this moment I thought this would work as "wake to sleep")
05:20 am woke up, 10 min hearing, I gave his pacifier, slept
06:15 am BF
08:15 am nap (very tired)

I feel it's hard pushing his first A time by the morning.
I mean, am I doing anything wrong ? Bath time too late ?
Should I not give him the pacifier by 5 am ??

I'd appreciate if anyone could help us. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 18:58:49 pm by IsabelaTsuji »