Author Topic: Lost my way with 6 mo old EASY  (Read 12414 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: Lost my way with 6 mo old EASY
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2016, 11:45:32 am »
Thank you!

Yes I can definitely see how there can be residual OT from Saturday. This is the routine from that day:

NW 8:38-9:32, 11:52, 2:26, 4:50 am

Total :~10.25

WU 8:03 am
S 12:19- 1:40 pm (A 4:15!!!!! Out with Aaron and did not sleep. Was screaming; had to resettle twice at 45 and 1:12.t); nursed to sleep bc was also hungry
S 5-5:35 pm (A 3:20; in stroller with DH)
S 8:08 pm (A 2:35; rocked)

And tons of NW which I expected after an hour long scream fest back to sleep after BT. Poor little guy.

So after a good 2 hour nap (this has happened multiple times) when you say put him down a tough later, do you mean maybe aiming for 3:20A?

Yes I plan on consistently getting him up at 7:30 and see how that goes if not move the routine to 7am. I know he doesn't do well with really late bedtimes. I wanted him to sleep in to catch up on sleep but in the end it didn't help much so I'll just try something different next time.
Jennifer xx

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2016, 18:44:23 pm »
So after a good 2 hour nap (this has happened multiple times) when you say put him down a tough later, do you mean maybe aiming for 3:20A?
I'd aim for him to be asleep by 3.30 but to expect it not to take very long for him to fall to sleep.

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2016, 22:14:37 pm »
Ok I will give it a try. I'm still getting 30 minute naps with 3-3.25 A in the am and for pm naps when he naps 1:25for the am. Still adjusting to A perhaps?

He's 7.5 months now. Do babies shift to shorter am A times all of a sudden? I'm sorry I'm just so confused.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 17:27:46 pm by JennVanessa1083 »
Jennifer xx

Offline creations

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2016, 21:24:10 pm »
I'm sorry I'm just so confused.
I'm sorry too - got me baffled.

Honestly I would have expected to see some longer naps by now.  The A time is roughly right for age.  Some LOs do go right over the guidance A times (mine did for morning A time but not the rest of the day) but I am reluctant to suggest increasing further.

When you look back at your EASY records do you see any pattern at all linked to the longer naps?

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2016, 21:50:06 pm »
Ok what I have noticed now looking back is that when he did a long am nap last Thursday, it was after having around 11 hrs of sleep and with a 2:50A. When he has slept around 10 hrs of sleep with the same A then he has woken up 30-35 minutes. Sunday, he napped for 55 minutes after an 11.5 hr night on a 3:10A. However, after I resettled him he slept for 2 hours so it seemed like an OT situation.

Yesterday he slept (in my husbands arms while I was out) for 1.5 hrs. When I put him down for the second nap at 3:15 A he woke up at 33 minutes.

Maybe I need a shortened A in the am? Then maybe 3 hrs A for pm nap if it's a 1.5 morning nap?

Uhh soooooo confusing! Perhaps someone else has had experience with a similar situation? I'm totally stumped and shooting in the dark.

The A to bed is 2.5 of the pm nap is shorter than 1.25 and I think 2.75-3hr if he has a full 1.5 or more nap (which more is rare).

I almost just want to give up I'm so confused. 
Jennifer xx

Offline creations

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2016, 22:17:14 pm »
A couple of times you've mentioned wanting an earlier routine.
I wonder if your Lo would just do better overall if you woke him at a set time in the morning and gave some set naps and night time for a number of days.  Some LOs thrive on the predictability of set nap times so they know where they are up to, yk?
What do you think?

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2016, 23:14:09 pm »
I definitely think it's worth a try. I have read that having an earlier sleep routine goes along with biorhythms and so on. My problem is Everytime I get him on a earlier routine life happens and it gets pushed. I'll have to be consistent no matter what.

What would be a good place to start given all the info on my DS? What's appropriate in terms of A in set naps etc.
Jennifer xx

Offline creations

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2016, 19:38:39 pm »
Well, with set naps you just go with best guess and stick at it, only changing if things seem right off.
Not sure what time you want to get started in the day so I'll give an example 7am WU and an 11hr 30 min night (this is the length you said his night was a few posts back).

WU 7
A 3hr 15
S 10.15 - 11.45 set nap
A 3hr 15
S 3.00 - 4.30 set nap
A 3hr
BT 7.30pm
Over night 7.30pm - 7am 11hr 30

It's just an example, if you don't feel this is the right thing then feel free to alter it according to your thoughts about his sleep needs and habits. An 11hr 3 night is good and 2 naps of 1.5hrs each is also good.  I would try to resettle both naps for several days and following that period see if he'll transition alone and do a full nap. If he does then you just get him up and wait until the next nap time or bed time. There is a chance of long A times but he'll get used to that.  It is normal for there to be some OT whilst you get into the routine.
Although the general EASY routine is not based on set nap times this is the way Tracy described getting LOs into the EASY routine initially, and keeping them up until the next nap time.

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2016, 20:56:39 pm »
This looks great. I can definitely work on this for a week. In general how long does it take to get into the routine versus needing a tweak. I want to make sure I don't get impatient  ;)
Jennifer xx