Author Topic: 15 mo old sleeps like a newborn. We are spent!  (Read 10282 times)

Offline Love, laughter, & PJs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Formerly kmk512
Re: 15 mo old sleeps like a newborn. We are spent!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 00:06:36 am »
So she went down nicely right around 640. She was SO hard to read. She was acting silly, kind of punchy, starting at like 545. Running back and forth between me and her sister, flopping and giggling. What the heck?! I wasn't sure how to take that, lol. So I guessed. Hoping it was right!

Now I have to decide about this brunch/art class thing tomorrow. It's from 10-12. Grr. It's only once a month so the bigs are SO excited. They would be so sad to miss it. I feel like I have to do it for them. I'll be sad if we have a decent night tonight and I screw her up again but I guess that's life, huh? :/ Maybe I shouldn't let her carrier nap a whole 45 min? Although she's pretty tough to wake up in there! I could try to wake her after like 20 min. I'd love to CN her before we go but I just don't think she will sleep that early. Every day is a challenge, huh?
*Kate*

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 12:21:07 pm »
Stop the presses!! She was only up twice last night - 1030 and 515 so she slept over 6 hours in the middle!!!!!! Ah, sleep begets sleep! I am SO excited. Still have residual exhaustion here but I feel so much better. She is in the sweetest mood. :)

She woke at 635. Yesterday it was 5h A time (after a horrid night) that got me the long A time. I'm thinking I'll try to duck out of the class a little early and aim to get her asleep at 12 and skip the CN during the class. Do you think that's too risky? Eeek! Don't know what to do. Either way, even if today is a disaster at least I know good sleep is POSSIBLE!
*Kate*

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 14:17:32 pm »
Ok, me again lol. Art was cancelled due to weather. So I can do whatever. Still not sure, though! So 5h A time in AM worked yesterday after a bad night, maybe just a bit more? 5h15-30? I'll try to read her but she is stinkin' difficult! ;) Any thoughts if you girls see this this AM?
*Kate*

Offline cath~

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 14:35:00 pm »
IIWM I think I'd go for 5hr15 unless she really doesn't seem tired.

So pleased to hear about your great night :D
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 14:53:21 pm »
Ok will try. Thanks!
*Kate*

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 01:46:45 am »
Ok so it was a moderate success.

635 - A
1145 - S
115 - A
125 - A (after sleepily nursing)
6- S

So we will see about tonight. Maybe I just stick with 5h again? I thought that would be a little short but maybe that's what she needs? I was sad I didn't get tht super long nap out of her again. The tweaking continues!
*Kate*

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 00:06:10 am »
Wow, yay for the great nap and night!!! ;D My guess is she crashed for that long nap. I'd keep at an even keel 5hr A for awhile and see what happens. Or, you could try a set time. :-\

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 13:35:54 pm »
Yeah now I'm not sure what to do. leaning towards a set time. Yesterday was a middle of the road nap again and then we had a long 2h NW from 815-1015. I realized I had some caffeine in the afternoon so maybe that was it? Lots of NWs after that and up for the day at 610. :P So I'm going to do nap on the early side again and hope for a long one to catch her up. Sigh. At least DH is home this afternoon!
*Kate*

Offline cath~

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 19:30:30 pm »
I'm thinking of trying a set nap time too. There seems to be too much guess work in A times at this age, ESP with nights being so variable. At least with a set time they can perhaps start to regulate a bit.

Hope you got a long nap today.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 20:12:23 pm »
Well since it was a bad night and she was up early I tried 11. Got 1h15. :P I think I need to stick with something for a while as you guys said. Not sure what, though? 1130? Seems late if the best nap I got happened at 1050.

I'm going to try to catnap her in the carrier this afternoon. We'll see if she does it. I know she's tired and I know it makes her nights better when she's not OT.
*Kate*

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2015, 00:51:31 am »
Not sure what, though? 1130? Seems late if the best nap I got happened at 1050.
Yeah, but that was partly because she was just so tired she crashed, don't you think? I think 11:30 is a good starting point.

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2015, 13:23:41 pm »
Ok well DH got home and had the resolve to say no more milk between 11 and 6. I was waffling SO much so it was good he was totally decided. She woke and nursed at 930 and then it was 1045 so I went to sleep in the basement. DH says she woke about every 45-120 min all night. He went and sat in there for about 5 min and talked to her. Said she never got hysterical, so that's good. It actually sounds like it went better than I expected. I'm hopeful if we do this for a few more night she will decide it's not worth it and sleep. Fingers crossed.

He did say he doesn't think she ever really went back to sleep after she woke at 5. She actually seems pretty chipper this morning, surprisingly. As usual I have no idea when to do nap. :P Seems like 1130 might be awfully late after the wakeful night and early morning? Guess I will just try to watch her. I work this afternoon so she won't get a CN if it's a bad nap. :( I do think that helped us yesterday. Stupid work!
*Kate*

Offline cath~

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2015, 13:29:13 pm »
Gosh that does sound like a really good start. I know she woke lots but the fact she didn't get hysterical is great! And she resettled so quickly each time too.

Maybe try a nap at 11 if she's been up since 5?

Hope you had a good night's sleep too x
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Florena49

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2015, 13:34:49 pm »
Ladies

I havent read through the whole post, but set naps and weaning saved us!
os is 16 months now its been a month since we stopped BF, im not encouraging stopping it alltogether, but night feeds need to go. I actually weaned because im pregnant and it was unbearably painful to feed him.
It took 2 rough nights and 3 better nights until we were all comfortavle with no milky. We never looked back.
We do set naps now when he is at home and considering that he can go without a nap all day, he has done that twice at the childminders! I find set nap easier to deal with and he settled without me in the room niw very well.
We started off with 5 hours A time each side.
Only ever moving BT by 15 mins if he had a very rubbish nap.
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 13:57:49 pm »
Gosh that does sound like a really good start. I know she woke lots but the fact she didn't get hysterical is great! And she resettled so quickly each time too.

That's what I'm thinking. It's a good start, hopefully! I still have such guilt about it. Last baby is so hard! I was always good at committing to this sort of thing in the past but this time I'm just a pile of mush. :'(

It took 2 rough nights and 3 better nights until we were all comfortavle with no milky. We never looked back.

I reminded DH this morning that Tracy always said 3 days and things should really start to get better. FX!

We do set naps now when he is at home and considering that he can go without a nap all day, he has done that twice at the childminders! I find set nap easier to deal with and he settled without me in the room niw very well.

Good to know! I think we will have to try this as we are settling in.

I think probably around 11 today is going to be good. I realized I can try to put her in the carrier to extend if it's really a rubbish nap. Not ideal but since DH has them on his own for the afternoon and BT along with dealing with the NWings I feel like I have to maximize her nap.
*Kate*