Author Topic: MPI and Poo - wayyy tmi.  (Read 12894 times)

Offline LizzieN

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 11:56:05 am »
I always feed to sleep at night, I don't really consider it a problem at all as I figure when she isn't hungry anymore she won't wake to feed (I hope), same thing I would prefer to feed her than have her crying and waking up everyone else, in fact it really stresses me when she screams at night just for that reason!!

Ok so now we have green frothy poos with mucous (after a fairly normal looking one)...I am assuming immunisations and leaving it at that! Poor little darling it's no wonder she is having trouble when that is running out of her!

Hugs
xxxxx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
  • Showing Appreciation 43
  • Too busy to visit BW much, but still love it.
Re: MPI and Poo - wayyy tmi.
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2010, 21:03:14 pm »
We have the tale of two poops here as well!

This afternoon is was dark mustard colour with some of those mystical seeds in it! I even had to prod them (with a tissue!) to make sure they weren't bubbles :-X

Then this evening he did a very wind assisted mucous poop, the colour looked greeny/ yellow but it was difficult to judge in the light! It didn't seem to bother him though! I can't really say if it's the tiny little bit of cream I had in my coffee yesterday morning (I just couldn't face a black coffee again) or it's the amount of snot and phlegm he's coughing and swallowing!?!

I feed to sleep too, but not regularly. Just as and when he chooses to do it. Tonight he wouldn't settle at all, too busy giggling at me the cheeky sod! 
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 21:04:14 pm »
Oh and I hope your two both settle soon, you guys REALLY could do with the break. xxx
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2010, 22:59:24 pm »
Thanks Marsha,
If his poo didn't bother him I wouldn't worry about it too much, maybe you can get away with a bit of dairy then??  Hope so xxxxx

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2010, 05:08:50 am »
The only thing that bothers him (and me) is this dam cough. I don't know if anything is making him 'reflux' more, thus making him cough IYSWIM? I reckon he'd sttn if he wasn't waking coughing. He tends to feed as he gets so upset coughing. But then I need a drink when I cough so I don't blame him really!

Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2010, 07:01:32 am »
Oh that is a pain sweetie, wish I had great advice...I would think if he had a cough from dairy/soy it would actually be an allergy rather than an intolerance (but I could be totally off base there)...is it like a wheezy/congested sounding cough (like asthma) or is it more a chucky sounding cough?

My thinking is if it's wheezy perhaps they could try some skin prick tests for you and see if anything shows up as an allergy?

Just a thought (btw skin pricks aren't fab in babies because the skin is sometimes under reactive, but if you get a positive it may give you a better idea of whats a prob iyswim?)

Hugs honey, we aren't even LOOKING like sttn so I'm pleased you are closer to that wonderful time xx

Offline Mrs Coops

• ~~Marsha~~
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2010, 07:39:04 am »
No wheezing (thankfully) I'm asthmatic but only get coughs after colds or flu (or while pg with J) It all sounds in his nose, he sniffs snot back that makes him cough. Oh oh S is coming to get me, GTG!
Formerly 'The Goblin'

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:46 am »
Oh that's not such a worry then :) Good stuff sweetie!!  Just one thing you might want to get checked is that the back of his throat and nose are formed correctly...my sister apparently has a slightly misshapen epiglottis and when she goes swimming if she puts her head under the water will flow freely in her nose and down the back of her throat...she didn't find this out for years, but no wonder she hated water on her head when she was a kid!