Author Topic: Extended Nursing Support Thread part 4  (Read 65492 times)

Offline badpixie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • little man
Re: Extended Nursing Support Thread part 4
« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2012, 14:06:15 pm »
Thanks Ali x

Can your DH do all the mornings for a week or so just while you get him out of the BF habit? Maybe he could even go back to sleep after half hour when the moment has passed if you get super early mornings?

I daren't even ask DP to do morning for a week although it has crossed my mind, he's such a bear in the mornings! Going back to bed after the moment has passed is a good idea tho, will put the idea to him carefully :)
Recently ds has started sleeping completely through so now is the time to try this, but I'm still in denial because WU is 6\6.30 whereas we used to have a NW between 4 and 5 and then sleep till 7/8.  Boob  can sometimes get us another 45mins to an hour of sleep (tho more rarely these days), so its a hard one to resist. So I BF in the hope of some extra sleep. We are staying with a friend over christmas, so will be all sleeping the same bed, I just know it'll be hard to resist the possibilities of keeping him quiet and getting more sleep! Its my prop!

I really don't think he's getting anything except comfort now anyway, he isn't swallowing very often and he pops off and asks for milk, has a drink and then wants more boob! He rarely asks for it during the day and its generally because he's thirsty so he's happy with a drink instead. This is what has made me feel its the right time, that and the thought of partaking in some christmas and new year cheer ;)
Hayley, mum to Freddie

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2012, 15:50:25 pm »
Hayley we weaned Colby from an early morning BF about a month ago and I was petrified it would mean 5am starts since we did the same as you to get another hour or two. But he only did that for 3 days and then even if he woke he would go back to sleep with just a PD and our sleepy phrase. Now he is sttn until 7ish.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #437 on: December 21, 2012, 15:57:48 pm »
Since we've reached 30 pages please continue chatting here Extended Nursing Support Thread Part 5
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011