Author Topic: 8.5 month twins, night waking and early morning waking,  (Read 27072 times)

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
Re: 8.5 month twins, night waking and early morning waking,
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2014, 06:25:14 am »
Well done!

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2014, 13:16:48 pm »
Wow....put them down at 8:30 and they played for a bit then went to sleep on their own. I heard c wake up after half an hour, chat to herself for a bit and go back to sleep! I woke them after 50 minutes and although with one thing and another they had nearly 4 hours A before this nap they did the same, and I heard c wake up and go back to sleep after 20 minutes. She didn't even cry - just said "dadada" for a but, blew some bubbles and went back to sleep. And no dummy!!! And they've been brilliant today - playing by themselves, smiling at people who looked in the pram (usually that makes them go mental!!), C has been pulling herself up on the furniture....just a great day (so far!). I even left them in the room on their own for 5 mins earlier and they didn't cry!!

I know it could all go wrong at any moment....but for now, thank you all so much!!!!

« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2014, 15:42:00 pm »
Spoke too soon, only 1:15 this afternoon, but they are cheery enough and we will go for a half 6 bedtime.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • First time mummy to twin girls.
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2014, 17:00:06 pm »
Yep great idea... Early bed time. That's like the payoff if the second nap goes awry :)
Keep smiling thinking about how refreshed you felt this morning (it's amazing the first item that happens isn't it!) and then the first nap... To hear them chatting and then drift themselves off to sleep is official ya proud mummy moment.
Keeping fingers crossed for your night tonight. Fwiw they might not give sleepy cues at 6.30 but put them down anyway as they can always chat themselves to sleep again and I think you'll be surprised how quickly they actually go off.

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2014, 19:14:16 pm »
Woo hoo!!! Progress is progress, even if it is a bit two steps forward and one back. They can do it and you have done it, keep strong mama :)
~ Naomi ~

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2014, 07:58:09 am »
Well, last night bedtime was messy - they have been going to sleep completely on their own but I had to sit beside the cot and shhhhh last night as they just weren't settling. Then C woke up at 10 and at 2 but resettled easily. Z woke at 3 for a feed then C at 4! The longest she has ever gone without a feed! The trouble was that I gave her meds then at 4 but it was a bit late....she woke up at 4:30 and screamed, so I had to rub her back but she then slept til Z woke her at about 5:15. They are in bed chattering to each other going for another early nap which I shall cap at 45 mins.

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2014, 08:01:32 am »
You are getting there slowly. It looks like resettling is getting easier even though the wakeups are still happening. Soon they won't bother waking for some xx
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2014, 11:51:28 am »
Things are definitely better than when I started this thread! We are down to one feed, there are longer chunks of sleep and it's all a bit less traumatic. I am really unendingly grateful to you all!!

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • First time mummy to twin girls.
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2014, 13:13:31 pm »
You definitely seem to be able to make sense of and deal with the nights wakings in a thought through way now, rather than it being a chaotic guessing game. Just having that can make it easier to go back to sleep after a brief resettle, so you feel a whole lot better in the morning.
So pleased things are shifting in the way you want them to :)
How did this mornings nap go??

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2014, 13:34:57 pm »
Bad. C chatted for 15 mins then screamed - ended up shhing her to sleep again. They woke up after 30 mins and wouldn't resettle. Put them for their pm nap early, same again, and so far C has needed resettling at 20 mins and 40 mins!!! I am desperate for a good nap though and I think her teeth are hurting - another one is just cutting and she won't chew on that side of her mouth - so I have rubbed her back to sleep both times and will try and get at least 90 mins from her. A but frustrating, but keep reminding myself how far we have come in a relatively short time. DH is home too so I've got back up!!

Offline nippo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2014, 13:46:58 pm »
I had the same problem with mine. It got better slowly. It's the consistency that helps them to forget the old ways and learn the new. You are doing great. Keep at it and some time soon you will be sitting down with a glass of wine at 7pm advising some other Mum in need!

Xx
Mummy to two gorgeous twin girls

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2014, 14:58:45 pm »
You may find like my too they need to be really tired to sleep through those transitions esp if your noticing the short naps after putting them down early.
LAURA xx

« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2014, 18:13:59 pm »
Help me......c has totally forgotten how to self settle.  She has screamed herself to sleep for 3 night and pretty much 3 naps. Really don't want to get back to all that patting, pupd enrages her. At the moment I am standing by the door shhhhing her but she has been screaming for half an hour. I feel like she is just CIO. What do I do???? I want to be consistent so don't want to go back but she is so upset.

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2014, 18:26:20 pm »
Ok, she went ballistic so i put my hand on her back just til she settled then took it away. She started screaming again but less so I sat by the cot and shhed and she went to sleep. It took 40 mins of screaming. Have I done ok? Should I do the same in the night when she wakes up? She napped today 8;40-9:10 and 1:10 to 3:30 (with a lot of back rubbing but I was desperate for a good nap). Then put in bed at 6:45 happy and relaxed but went crazy when I left the room. Not OT, (well, she was by the end!). I thought that for consistency I should stay outside but then that's just CIO.....

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2014, 19:33:47 pm »
I don't think she's having enough A time.  After a nap that long my boys would go at least 4hrs I would think.  DS1 used to go crazy if UT and it took me ages to work out that that's what it was.

(((((hugs))))) though and  I think you did great.  You were there for her and she knew.  I would def eek out the A time for the naps and see if that solves the problem.  Perhaps you could put Z down 15mins before if necessary? 
LAURA xx