Author Topic: breastfeeding twins  (Read 10070 times)

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 123
Re: breastfeeding twins
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2014, 19:21:34 pm »
shouldnt you be sunning yourself?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2014, 19:24:58 pm »
Yes obviously had too much sun ::)
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2014, 06:08:45 am »
Are you on holiday ali? Hope you're having a fab time :) like
km said i didnt mean making up the formula with bm ;)
The formula and bm in same bottle seems to be working well, less spillage :) sometimes they really fight with thr breast and i worry that they're giving up but other times they latch and suck in perfect calm! Never a dull moment ;)

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2014, 08:30:25 am »
Yes so just jumping on during a quiet moment in the hotel room. Yes I see now I misread and you were saying that is not what you meant. Ignore me ;)
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2014, 09:02:05 am »
Ha, so question from me. If they are draining bottles, you are not giving them more? I am asking as this is what I do with DS... now not sure if doing that correctly:). I mean that if he usually takes (for DF) 6oz I prepare 7oz, ykwim?
~Marta

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:39 am »
if they've drained the bottle with gusto i do tend to make another oz to see if they'll take it-unless i feel they've really had enough-but if they've really slowed down towards the end i wont bother. so i'm mixing the bm with an amount i know they'll finish.
for a df you obviously wouldnt wait to make more so what you're doing seems to make sense unless you're pretty sure he's not going to take more.

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2014, 07:23:46 am »
Hi al, still here, they're first bf'ing and then taking about 60mls of formula, just for df and night feed tgeybget inly formula to speed things up and allow others to help. Dd has startd to want to suck more bu is still GH the dosier sucker. Recently I've noticed that i've become lopsided ::) ironically its on the side which was the harderone to latch onto, must be b/c i had ds who was tge better sucker on that side mostly. So now i'm trying to give him tghe other side more in hopes tgat they may equal out, would that work? Problem is i think the larger side does have more milk and i dont think shes able to get it all out, then again i'm not sure of letting him have that side much incase i become even more lopsided! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Angel, April 2011

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2014, 07:46:39 am »
Is it your right side that feels heavier? I had the same. I now always start out on the left, then switch to the right.

I also noticed I can express about 4oz from the left, but 8+ from the right  :o

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2014, 08:09:27 am »
8+oz from right??!!! Woow:)
~Marta

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2014, 08:18:48 am »
I had a good side and a bad side, and used to feed C (my good feeder) from the bad side when it was sore but  if it wasn't but Z on it.  If Lena wants to suck more then why not let her have a few looooong feeds from your big side and let mika work on pumping up the smaller side. Or I suppose the alternative is to pump the smaller side after each feed, but i HATE pumping so can't really recommend that  ;D

Sounds like the feeding is going really well, well done!!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2014, 11:44:37 am »
Yes its the right side that is bigger. Wow steffi, the most i've ever got from both sides is 2oz!!!!
I'm giving her the larger side but im not sure that the smaller side is satisfying him and i think she really needs to work the big side to empty it-which i think she generally cant be bothered to do. I suppose i should then pump that side but i dont have time on the whole. So sometimes i put him on that side too but i am worried that it will add to the problem.. Will the difference keep getting bigger? Will all go back to normal when they eventually stop bfing?

Angel, April 2011

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2014, 15:02:01 pm »
One of my friends basically BF her little boy exclusively from one side as she had an inverted nipple and kept on and on getting cracks...and in the end he just rejected that side! She wore baggy tops I suppose but she never looked particularly uneven and I'm sure she is back to normal now.