Author Topic: Support for dropping the nap part 12  (Read 229800 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Support for dropping the nap part 12
« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2018, 07:46:25 am »
I don't think you could necessarily have done things differently.  The birthday developmental phase here lasts more than a few days, a few weeks each time I'd say.
You might not be able to get more than 11hr sleep in 24 during the nap drop.
Is he tired for his nap or does he refuse?

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2018, 04:15:20 am »
He has always been the kid that never says he wants to sleep. He’s very energetic and Never wants to stop playing even if you can see he’s tired. He usually welcomes a nap between 6.5-7A. 6A when there are shorter nights.
Jennifer xx

Offline HelzBelz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2019, 20:29:17 pm »
Hi Everyone.

So ive been a fan of the BW and all things been E.A.S.Y. 😉

My toddler has been on the E.A.S.Y routine since she was a baby and to date she has been text book. She currtently naps between 12-2pmon average for two hours each day with a bedtime at 8pm and wakes usually about 7am.

My wuestion is, when should i look at dropping the nap altogether or what are the signs to look out for? She is currently 18 months old and everyone around me keeps telling ke that she should be cutters ng down at this stage?

When is the right time?

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2019, 00:58:15 am »
My eldest was still on 2 naps at 20 months and didn't give up his nap until 4.5yo. My youngest started cutting back on his at 2.5 because the oldest stopped.

Honestly start cutting back when night sleep is being cut back. But IMHO 18mo is young to cut back and if she's happy and healthy follow her lead and ignore people around you... She's got decades to be sleep deprived in her teens and later life let her have as much as she wants now!!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2019, 09:16:38 am »
you might find this FAQ a helpful read:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=244514.0

there is a big range of ages of when LOs drop their nap IME

I agree if all seems fine, then no need to change anything :)  let her nap if it is working for you all!
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #275 on: June 28, 2019, 00:40:18 am »
I think I may not of realized how far into this transition we are....
My LO never really showed signs of dropping her nap. She always napped so well midday.

But, her nights have shortened significantly!!
We started capping her nap at 1 h (at home - we have to wake her from heavy sleep)... We figure she is sleeping an h or less at daycare from what they say, but they have not been very precise recently, which has made this process more confusing.

But now we find ourselves with a crazy OT child in the evening. Earlier bedtime doesn't work (she will just fight harder and longer not to sleep).

I am wondering if cutting nap even further is the only option? 30 mins? Maybe then she will go to bed earlier?

Offline KatieAlexis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #276 on: July 04, 2019, 13:11:04 pm »
Hi there,
Not sure where to post 2-1 nsp transition question so please tell me if this needs moving. My daughter is almost 16mo. Since going to childminder 3 days a week(since 12 mo) she has been sleeping at funny times. Wakes 630am, 30 min nap at 9-930am then nap at 1-230pm ish then bed about 7. This is the schedule the childminder swears works, but it doesn't seem to work on my days off: she refuses to sleep in morning and sometimes I just give up and put her down after lunch at 1pm or so. Other days she naps happily at 930 ish but I wake her otherwise she'd sleep for a couple of hours and not sleep again until very late in the afternoon.

I guess I'm unsure what to try to do. Should I try to switch to one nap after lunch or just accept that this is just a transition period where she'll sometimes have 2 naps and sometimes 1?

Thanks for any tips!