Author Topic: I'm unsure can someone take a look?  (Read 19386 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: I'm unsure can someone take a look?
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2015, 08:49:05 am »
Hmmm, have they always done a full A time to BT after a full nap?  Mine always like a short A to bed but I know other LOs need lots of A to bed. Sorry, it's a bit of experimentation. I would just guess around 1.5hr, but it is only a guess.
Is it possible to get them ready with that in mind but also look for cues and if they need longer A put in a bit more A time with a story book or song?

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2015, 09:15:59 am »
After the 2 Hr nap they seem tired enough after a 2hr A time and fall asleep instantly. I will try 1.5 A time and see how we get on.
 They do like (need) their sleep.

When I finally worked out ayden's A time, he preferred a longer morning and shorter afternoon but I guess as they grow I'm sure things will change and things will be more obvious.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:36:47 am by babyrose »

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2015, 09:34:39 am »
Pretty good night last night, 1.5 hrs A time was just enough for them. I woke at 3 am and decided just to feed them to keep the 7:30 morning feed. Couple of mornings before they last til 4:45 but we're super hungry.

Naps have improved but still getting some waking so which I think another increase is needed. With the cat nap how late would you let them go?

Offline creations

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2015, 09:50:24 am »
Sounds great!

For the CN I would work backwards from BT, keep their nights regular yk? So work out BT then WU will be 1.5hr before BT.  If this means 45min CN then that's what I'd do, if it means 1hr then that's what I'd do.  I'd continue that way until/unless over time a problem arises or a pattern they prefer becomes apparent - like for instance if waking at 45 mins means they are in melt down by BT then I'd keep CN to 1hr, possibly reduce the last A to 1hr 15 to maintain BT but also be open to a 15 min later BT (if they can't sleep after 1hr 15 A time). Hope this makes sense.  Aiming for regularity of routine but also open to their preferences too.

BTW sounds great to have fed them when you woke at 3am, I always feel feeds that come close to 5am are harder to get babies back to sleep - at least mine thought it was the beginning of the day!

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2015, 13:11:54 pm »
Yes that makes perfect sense thanks.

Yeah it felt like I had had a sleep! Yuk I hate 5am wu's and having to get up at 7 is not a good mix!

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2015, 12:04:52 pm »
I'm not sure what I'm doing today as things have went a bit pear shaped! Started our day at 7 then a sleep at 9:15 for 2hrs. I had to walk up to nursery with ayden so we left at 12ish they both fell asleep in the pram and currently still sleeping (13:00) and I have to leave for ayden at 15:00. How do you think I should work this out?

Lewis is just woke, and their next feed is at 15:30

Offline creations

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2015, 12:19:47 pm »
ooh tricky one!
So either feed early, would you manage 2.30 and still leave for school at 3?? I would imagine they're going to fall asleep on the way to school aren't they, so prob better to get that feed in before you go. then maybe 3 - 5 sleep and bed at 7pm.

Sorry it's a hurried thought. Hope your day turns out ok. And if not tomorrow is another day to start afresh x

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2015, 12:34:42 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm sure they will fall asleep on the way there but I'm not so sure they will stay asleep when we return...

Maybe a cat nap if that happens ( I think) or take a long way home to give them a longer sleep. I'm sure it will work out!

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2015, 16:55:00 pm »
Just an update of what happened. They both fell asleep instantly at 3 and woke 40 mins later. Lewis was pretty tired so he went down at 16:45 and I let him sleep til 6 to keep bed for 7/7:15.

Leo refused totally, I tried 3 times and  gave up in the end, so early to bed for him.

Offline creations

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2015, 17:37:48 pm »
You appear to cope amazingly well dealing with their different sleep patterns on an off day!

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2015, 07:47:03 am »
Thanks just hoping wee naps kept them going. Whenever we have missed one nap they both get hysterical. Both slept pretty well last night after yesterday, never got up til 7:30 as I'm choked with the cold and just couldn't get up.

Offline creations

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2015, 08:59:01 am »
Oh honey - healthy vibes your way.
Hope today is better for you.

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2015, 09:27:59 am »
Hi thanks feeling bit better now.

Sunday was a bit of a hit and miss. They slept well the first two naps but by our catnap Leo was so upset (we were at my dads for a b/day) he got a fright with a balloon and wouldn't settle then it set Lewis off too so they both didn't sleep for longer than 20 mins each. By the time we got them home and in bed it was 8pm but they both slept all night with a few re plugging of the dummies.
Yesterday we had another reasonably good day with the odd wakings at nap time still (maybe another increase needed?)

Leo STTN! But lewis woke just before 5 I tried to settle him so fed him and went back to sleep til I woke at 7.

I was thinking because I've been waking to feed them that I'm not really giving them a chance to see if they are STTN. Maybe a little tweak some where could push Lewis past this time. I'm going to offer more milk today as well hopefully that will help.

Offline creations

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2015, 10:29:01 am »
Good to hear you're feeling better xx

Do you do a DF too?

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2015, 13:05:01 pm »
We have tried doing Df but they ended up just waking up. Do you think it may help?