Author Topic: I have to sleep train for all of our sakes....hand hold and advice?  (Read 6319 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: I have to sleep train for all of our sakes....hand hold and advice?
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2016, 22:12:00 pm »
(((hugs))) it's horrible being so tired! Looking at the example routine Heidi posted, I wonder whether you need to cap that CN further and even push BT later in order to get a longer, more settled night?

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2016, 07:29:49 am »
Aaarrrgh I don't know if he is OT or UT!!!!!  He is always shattered by bedtime.

Yesterday he woke up at 5:50, napped 9:30 - 11, 2:15 - 3:30 and went to bed at 6:40. Then he got up at 4. I'll keep him up til nursery run but I would imagine he will go to sleep straight away in the car.

This is really getting me down. Everything is just all over the place and I don't feel I can tweak anything as I don't know where to start!

I think maybe he is old enough now that I have to pick an ideal routine and just stick to it. I would rather have the short nap in the morning as I isually take the twins out in the morning.

So......

Ideal WU is 6
Nap 9:30 - 10:30
Nap 2 - 4
BT 7

What do you think?

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2016, 14:27:40 pm »
I haven't read back over the thread but I think it might make sense to think of him as having been OT but catching up v quickly and getting UT, within the space of a day or two.   ((Hugs)))
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2016, 14:31:35 pm »
I'm by no means an expert on routine, but I'm wondering if that morning nap might go any later?! It's close to wake time compared to the rest of the day. What kind of A time to bed does he like? Maybe you could push everything back a bit so that he's not up for so long just before bedtime?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2016, 09:34:09 am »
He loves going to bed at BT, would definitely do it on 3h I reckon. I like the sound of having less time between last nap and BT!  Yesterday he napped 9:00 - 10:00 in the car (had to go to out of town shop so not much I could do about it!), 1:30 - 3:30 (with a lot of resettling), had an ok night but up at 5.

Anne, I think you are right that he does seem to cycle quickly between OT and UT. He was up at 5 today and dropped off in the car at 9 (I woke home bringing him in so only 10 mins) but that's a 4h A and he managed it easily. I will try and put him down at 10 for a short nap (because he had that 10 mins in the car and I need to have a shower!) and see how we go from there.

I would quite like the first nap to be later and shorter - 10 - 10:45 or so as then he could have it in the sling and it would let me get out earlier with the twins. If he can do a 4 h A then that would be ok with a WU of 6. So the day would be....

WU 6
Nap 10-10:45
Nap 2:30 - 4
BT 7

How does that look? That is only 13 hours of sleep in total....but I think that's about what he is getting at the moment anyway! And if he was tired he could nap later or maybe go down earlier for the PM nap, we are nearly always home in the afternoon so it's easy.

I must get this better. The twins are up all night at the moment as well - have to start rapid returning them as we have had them sleeping with us a lot while they have been ill. Little twin is havibg nightmares about witches eating people - where do they get it from?!? Poor thing!

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2016, 09:35:06 am »
Sorry, I'm so rude!!!! Thank you all so much for your help!!!! Thought I'd put that at the beginning but evidently not!! :o

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2016, 09:51:24 am »
You're not rude at all! And yes, that sounds good. He can always sleep longer for the afternoon nap, can't he?

Offline trimbler

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2016, 20:20:54 pm »
Hey how's it going? Not an expert on LSN but 13h doesn't sound too off the scale for LSN LOs, I think... Have you tried the routine you posted? Hope everyone is well again? :-*

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2016, 03:47:59 am »
The good news is....everyone is well (ish). The bad news.....my new routine is backfiring and he is now not really napping at all, his NW is terrible.....and no real difference to the EW. I think the combination of pushing that first nap back and capping it was a bit too much, too soon. I am currently feeding him for the second time tonight - just desperate to get him back to sleep after an hour long NW. Tomorrow I'll do some sling napping and try and get him caught up as I think he is OT. Then, when I start again, I'll do it a bit more gradually!!!!

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2016, 18:58:12 pm »
Poor thing, hope you got him caught up today. Maybe it was a bit much after the illness?

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2016, 19:47:32 pm »
I think it was! So....today we have aimed for an A of 3h30 and he did a 1h10 (I woke him) and a 2h (lots of resettling). 3h30 to BT so only in bed at 7:30.....so we will see. He's had lots of A, lots of sleep.....so maybe it will be ok!!!

:-* to you all. If he looks refreshed in the morning I will try again!

Offline trimbler

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2016, 14:16:13 pm »
Aw - glad everyone is well, hope you manage to catch him up from that OT :-*