Author Topic: in need of a hand with a routine plan for 9mo. 2-1? eeek!  (Read 9602 times)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: in need of a hand with a routine plan for 9mo. 2-1? eeek!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 18:31:31 pm »
Poor thing sounds like she's still unsettled with being ill.

Re CN/BT- for me it depends what time the sleep is due. If before 5pm, I'll do a CN but it gets shorter the closer to 5 we get. I've done 4.55-5.05 before just to top up enough to get to a 7/7.30 BT.  If sleep is due after 5 I push on through & do earlier BT - for me 6pm is earliest I'll so sometimes there's a grizzly hour 5-6pm!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 10:54:41 am »
Hi Scottishmummy!

How are you?

Temp is gone, teeth are bulging and we're doing the best we can but she is SO miserable and upset. She's not eating much solids at all But all her A's she cries. And cries. And cries until she falls asleep in my arms or I put her to bed. Seems like her A's have just plummeted!

Today was:

WU: dozing between 6-7 I think but awake and chatting from 6.50
OOB: 7.00
Nap 1: 9.15-9.57 in my arms
Nap 2: 1.00; 1.05-2.25(cot)
BT: 5.55; 6.10 asleep. Cried terribly on PD and intermittently but was very tired prior.

She's Not eating much solids at all. Bottles are still okay but not as much. I am putting this down to teething?!

Do you think perhaps I should watch her cues, put her down when I think she's tired? try and get to 3hrs A between naps at least if short and/or cut arvo nap short to conserve bedtime?

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 18:39:48 pm »
Hi
She sounds so miserable, poor thing. She must be in pain with the teeth or still not well, or tired from it all. How have her nights been?

Did you follow her cues today? That day looks pretty good, nap-wise. I think following her cues until she eeks to have caught up on sleep might be best.  I seem to remember from EASY forum she sometimes has phases of crying a lot during A time.  Do you think it's a developmental leap thing?

I just ask as my DD is almost exactly same age and going through a horrible night time sleep regression right now & the only explanation I can think of is developmental.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 22:32:10 pm »
Oh dear, last night was pretty bad! She slept ok until 1.45. Cried and fell back to sleep just after 2am. Woke 40 minutes later and this time she wouldn't stop. We gave pain meds and Hubby patted until 3.300. Woke at 5.30 again and cried for a while before going back to sleep on her tummy until I'm not sure. She was dozing and then crying out at 8.30.

This flipping to her tummy is so unusual. She normally stays on her back with her blankets on, even now she can move so perhaps lying on her back is too much pressure on her jaw?
She's not at all happy on wakeups either :(

WU: ?
OOB: 8.30
Nap 1: 11.30-2.40. Almost asleep on change table for nappy/sleeping bag. Popped into cot
BT: 6.00; asleep 6.10pm

She's just really unhappy anywhere; in the highchair, car, pram, trolley, my arms, on the ground. Lasts about a few minutes and then starts crying. She was hysterical after a bath, anything to do with dressing she's screaming (laying down?). I'm starting to get worried...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:46:15 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 18:33:05 pm »
Oh no! Sounds really upsetting for you all.  Worth another visit to the dr?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 21:16:54 pm »
I'm not sure...it's all very strange. She pulled a 13hr night last night so perhaps she's just exhausted and catching up? 6.10pm-7.10am. I think I'm best to cap the afternoon nap if we're getting too late for bedtime, try and get an hour 20 or more in the morning and then down again after that with 3/3.5 hr to bed PD depending on nap length.

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 06:00:43 am »
Sounds like a plan...

Sometimes they need a good catch up sleep to reset. I hope she's happier today and naps work out for you
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 11:06:17 am »
Thanks lovely! They kind of worked and she is a little happier but not quite. I think the top teeth are causing massive grief (seems like all front 4 at once!) plus I think a lot of developmental Wonder Week stuff too with a big dose of SA on top! Poor possum.

Today was really strange and I'm wondering whether she is quite high sleep needs? Her A's are a lot lower and tonight especially after a good nap I had to wake for she was in bed just after 3hr A and fell asleep in 10 minutes. Not sure if perhaps I've been pushing last A quite late when she could be OT?

I was super worried about OT this morning and was much to conservative with her A and put her down for an UT nap - she didn't resist me and fell asleep quickly but was around an hour all up, just a bit disjointed where she was trying to get back to sleep.

WU: 7.10
Nap 1: 10.11; 10.20-11.10; dozed until 11.30 when i got her up.
Nap 2: 2.13; 2.18-4.15 (I woke her)
BT: 7.16; asleep by 7.30

In regards to the first A, just wondering how much I need to move it and how I can maintain the easy BT with the A's throught the rest of the day. OR, should I just stick to a set nap at 10 even if I know she short naps and play the rest of the day by 3hr A?

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 12:30:50 pm »
It's a tough time for them at this age so much going on. My DD's nights are still really disrupted with the same thing - teeth, SA, WW  ::)

I remember your DD's A times have gone up & down before. I was wondering whether it might be either still catching up or maybe more tired when going through developmental stuff? They tend to sleep more when having physical growth spurts, so why not with cognitive leaps too?

Until even tly she's been doing a 3hr first A time at the most, is that right? I'd stick with it another day or 2 to see if thec1hr nap was a one off or not. If you do that & still get short UT type naps with that you could try a small increase maybe try 3hr15? You can always go up or down depending on how she gets on.

The rest of the day: at the moment 3hrs seems to get you another nap.  So I think stick with that unless it stops working!

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 02:03:17 am »
Thank you so much, it's such a tough age for all!

I'll keep track of the next few days and get back to you. This morning A was super grumpy, clingy, tired signs from 2hr A at 9am but we pushed through until our usual 3hrs.
PD: 10.10
Asleep by: 10.20 at the latest
Woke: 10.53
Laying in bed dozing, chatting, rolling an hour later at midday.
Sleep: 12:00-12.50 approx
A:
S: 4.00; 4.05 cried out and rolled over, asleep 4.10ish. Opened her door at 4.50 to wake up.
BT: 7.35; asleep 8.20! oops.

It's that bedtime I ALWAYS get wrong if I let her sleep or cap, each time I just can't get it right! eeek
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:05:36 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 12:40:41 pm »
I find the late pm CN and BT timing tricky too. If DD has a shorter than normal "long" nap (like today) & needs a late pm CN,  I try to limit any sleep after 4pm to 15-30mins Max- less the later after 4pm we get & then do BT 2.5-3hrs after waking

Hope she has a good night for you

Xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 13:28:13 pm »
you're SO right, I totally should have cut it off at 4.30 and done approx 3 hours. oh well, really hoping she doesn't wake early.

I can't quite work out why our morning was such a catastrophe? Tomorrow on the way to kindy she is going to fall asleep at that 2.5hr mark so should I be doing the same at home or pushing through? How can the same A be so inconsistent, surely this morning wasn't OT?

Today:
WU: ? around 7
OOB: 7.30
Nap 1: 10.11-10.44 in the car
Nap 2: 1.30; 1.40-2.40 (cot, but had to wake for kindy pick up)
BT: 5.55; asleep 5.59 after a slight cry at PD but woke at 6.35 and lay awake until 6.55/7.00 before falling back to sleep.

Do you have any tips for managing days like the above? It's kind of our norm 2 days a week and it's not great :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:54:39 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 17:21:20 pm »
It's tricky with the kindy pick up & having to wake from what would have been a longer 2nd nap. I think all you can do is compensate with EBT- which you did. I find wu v shortly after BT is usually OT which makes sense with having to wake her but I don't think you can do anything different with the drop off and pick ups. At least she SS back to sleep fairly soon after.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 06:08:49 am »
Hi!! Something has happened and I don't know what to do...these have been our last few days. We've been outa s had to school pickup but she's yet to do a proper nap.
Teeth are still cutting but I have no idea of her exact WU in the morning which is making things aldifficult

WU: ? Awake when I checked at 6.50
OOB: 7.00
Nap 1: 9.55; 10.00-11.10.
Nap 2: 2.08; 2.15-2.57
BT: 5.55; 6.00 asleep. Restless after 40 minutes but not crying.

WU: 6.52 awake, sucking thumb not sure for how long prior to this!
Nap 1: 9.35; 9.40-10.14;
**yawning continuously, rubbed eyes, crying, not interested in anything, fussing.
resettled but awake at 10.27
Nap 2: 2.27 woke at 2.47, 2.57, 3.02. Awake and rolling around chatting, crying from 3.30, out of bed at 4pm
BT: ?? 6??

Am I totally missing something?!?

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 12:27:46 pm »
Hi!

Just a bit confused...your second A time was 3hrs on the first day you've posted then 4 on the 2nd. The nap after 4hrs A time could be disrupted from OT? But could also be teeth of course!

The 3hrs A time across the day seemed to give you a pretty good day and night though.

What are your thoughts about it?

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD