Author Topic: in need of a hand with a routine plan for 9mo. 2-1? eeek!  (Read 9560 times)

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: in need of a hand with a routine plan for 9mo. 2-1? eeek!
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2016, 12:03:10 pm »
I can most definitely try it, I'm just so nervous of making her OT, especially at BT because she then generally needs me to sit with her and pat the mattress until she's asleep.

Tomorrow will be a bit odd because DS has a swimming assessment at 11.30 (annoyingly!) so will have to be a short AM long PM if she'll do it...

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2016, 12:12:17 pm »
Or you could just go with a later BT and accept a longer day until she drops the 2nd nap?
Lauren

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2016, 12:25:56 pm »
She does seem to need a longer wind down at night though. And it doesn't seem to matter if she goes to bed later, she doesn't tack on but rather wakes at the same time of 6 or earlier.

I might stick with the 20 minutes for the moment. If she goes down without crying, SS with her thumb and is asleep by 7.30 then that's pretty good isn't it? If I made bedtime later we could be cutting our nights super short..

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2016, 12:45:10 pm »
Yes 7.30-6 seems perfectly fine to me with nearly 2.5hr daytime sleep  :)
Lauren

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:44 pm »
Thanks Lauren! this is where it's getting tricky because today was a random day of 2 hours first nap but mostly she's only doing a first nap of 1hr20/1.5hrs at most so I have been doing the second nap at 3/3.5 A for one sleep cycle (as SM suggested). She does need a longer A to BT after 40 minutes so will keep an eye on her.

Thanks for helping. x

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2016, 13:01:31 pm »
Hi!

Great advice from Lauren  :) I would just add..it looks like, if she takes a 2hr morning nap (finishing 12.30ish) then a 4hr A time, 2nd nap around 4.30 for 15-20 mins and in bed for 7ish asleep by 7.30 seems to work.

If she takes a nap less than 2 hrs (1hr20 or so) I think the 2nd nap falls more like 3.30ish.I'd suggested 1 sleep cycle then as less (e.g. 30 mins) seemed to lead to OT...but the 40mins seemed to give you IT and later BT! I suppose it's up to you which you feel A can handle better.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2016, 09:28:40 am »
Thank you SO much Lauren & SM, you ladies are amazing.

Now, I'm not sure what happened tonight but she did the whole scream if I put her down business except it continued from 6 until bedtime. when I was getting her changed she started on a massive screaming fit that took me ages to calm her down from. In the end I gave her a bottle in her room and just held her and tried to reconnect with her and sang some lullabies. It all seemed so strange and she was asleep in 10 minutes despite the afternoon nap. I can't understand how 40 minutes gives me UT but 1hr30/40 gives me OT, which is what I assume it is? I'm wondering if the night where she wasn't asleep until 8pm was OT too as she did the same screaming fit except we were in the car - could she have been OT but then got a second wind?

WU: 6.15
Nap 1: 10.20-10.47 in the car
Nap 2: 1.35; 1.40-3.20 (awake briefly at 2.50 and then a little restless until she woke properly)
BT: screaming from 6pm. Cuddled and sang, gave bottle in dark bedroom put into cot at 6.50; 7.00 asleep.

We have kindy, errands, big car trips and doctors appointments the next few days so it's going to get bumpy. Then my parents have both kids from saturday-monday as we head away for our wedding anniversary. Permission to freak out? lol

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2016, 19:29:50 pm »
Just throwing this out there but could the screaming be a developmental thing? I just ask as my DD is almost exactly the same age and is resisting BT right now, which is usually a sign of a leap for us....or just could be a routine thing..A is more used to long am-short pm so upset by change?  Or just one of those "who knows?" Baby things  :)

Good luck for the next few days and enjoy your anniversary weekend away xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2016, 11:32:23 am »
I don't know what's up with A but it's starting to upset me and her. I've tried to comfort her but she is pretty miserable so it's making it really hard to read her properly and know what she wants. She seems really hungry too, she doesn't want much solids but wants more and more milk.

Today wasn't so flash hot...

WU: 6.ish
OOB: 7.00
Nap 1: 10.00-10.30 car
Nap 2: 12.50; 1.10-1.50
I only put her down because she was so miserable and upset and showing constant tired signs!
BT: 5.30. Okay to put down but had to do WI/WO and sat patting mattress. Asleep 6.20.

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2016, 18:23:43 pm »
Poor thing ..is she getting sick or teething? I remember that really upsetting her a while ago? Those short naps might be from whatever is disrupting her..but if you feel she's getting OT follow her cues as best you can xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2016, 01:09:00 am »
Poor thing is right...I'm not quite sure.

She woke screaming from 11.30 and took a few wi/WO and reassurance to get her back to sleep - about an hour? She kept wanting to roll onto her tummy which is unusual for her so I wonder if teeth are bother her, although I can't see anything.

She managed to stay awake all the way back from Kindy and we had a big play outside before morning nap at 10.30; she fell asleep after 10 minutes so we'll see what she does but given the NW, I suspect she may have slept in a little later than normal.
Yes, so she woke at the 30 minute mark and was a bit whingy and appeared to go back to sleep but then she just spent the next hour moaning and sucking her thumb, then crying out at 12:12pm.
She seems to be thumb sucking 90% of the day at the moment... She'll find a tag on a toy and start sucking her thumb so I took away all the soft toys. Then yesterday she found a small tag inside my boots and proceeded to rub it between her fingers and suck her thumb! LOL.

Nap 2: 3.45-4.15 in the car
BT: 7.10; 7.35.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:49:12 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2016, 19:07:15 pm »
It does sound like possible teething to me...could it be the start of the 1yo molars early?  I seem to remember DS being fussy for a while before they appeared for him.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD