Author Topic: Should I allow a longer nap for ew  (Read 17138 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Should I allow a longer nap for ew
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2018, 15:11:06 pm »
Sometimes the 20 min nap can be a life saver and not affect the night, so you could try it!?
Oh dear you’ll have to chat about what time and stick to it x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2018, 18:21:16 pm »
He’s a typical bloke something, yet sometimes amazing 🙄
I don’t think they always think about consequences like mums do cos predominantly it’s us mummy’s that pick up the pieces!
I’m quite sensitive at the minute as I’m not the greatest sleeper and when my anxiety increases it gets worse so I’m generally more knackered than usual. Add into the equation a grumpy nap dropping toddler and I’m a bit of a mess. To add fuel to the fire, hubby plays the feeling unloved card and, apologies for tmi but he gets a bit frisky and I’m like, for .... sake, leave me alone 🤦‍♀️😂
Sometimes I just want to escape for some major me time tic 😂

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2018, 21:07:04 pm »
Oooh ha ha these frisky men....timing off!

Get yourself booked in for massage or hair or something you like or even just to a cake shop for cuppa and cake x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2018, 06:37:49 am »
I’ve got a spa weekend booked in with my friends in June and I can’t wait!!
I’ve decided that the video monitor is my enemy and is fuelling my anxiety, I was becoming fixated on what time she opened her eyes so I was waking earlier and earlier with anxiety.
Last night I used my hypnosis sleep app and when I woke at stupid o’clock, instead of looking at her I put my app back on and it seemed to settle me again. I woke less anxious at 6:30, then I checked her. She was awake but I think she’s getting on average 11 hours overnight and apart from the off moments in the day, she seems to be coping ok.
The problem we have, which I may have already said, as our conversation is so long now (thanks again x), is that she can be awake but quiet in her bed and we wouldn’t know. What did parents do before cameras?!!! 😳 they were probably less anxious!!!

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2018, 06:42:01 am »
I also bit the bullet and ditched the gro blind!! I’ve swapped the blind slats for blackout ones but not as dark as with the gro blind but I figured she was awake in the pitch dark so at least now we can ventilate the room and also open her blinds in a morning. The sun comes up at the back of the house so into our room not hers. On the occasions she has been in with us the light has never bothered her if she’s tired enough and again, I think the blind was part of my anxiety which I need to manage 🤦‍♀️

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2018, 15:30:09 pm »
I never did have a video monitor as felt I’d be fixated on it, we have a standard one so I just go with if he’s quiet he’s asleep or resting. Maybe it’s time to swap the monitor? Or once your in bed turn it off if you can hear her!?

Very jealous of your spa weekend x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2018, 16:13:59 pm »
I know I need to ditch it really. Not good for me 🤦‍♀️

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2018, 18:17:26 pm »
She came home from Nursery in a really good mood tonight. I had time to chat with her key worker before we had to come home so I asked her how things were without the nap. She told me they don’t encourage her to lie with the others anymore, after the nightmare nap at nannas last week 😳
After last NCL when the others go to lie down, the no nappers go to the reading corner whilst the staff clear up and then they just carry on their day. She told me my littly knows the routine now and takes herself off to read then will play happily all day. She’s had the best bath/bedtime so far. Fingers crossed she’s starting to cope with it now x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2018, 18:54:56 pm »
Awhh nice update hope the nights good too x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2018, 19:47:28 pm »
Thanks x

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2018, 18:12:35 pm »
Zoe you will be very proud of me. Last 2 mornings I have stopped myself checking the monitor!! 🙈😳
This morning I even managed to settle back off to sleep after my toilet visit around 5 and slept in!!
Normally I would not go for a wee then incase I disturb her but I did and didn’t check on her either, just got back into bed and went back to sleep. It wasn’t easy and took a bit, but I obviously did as I then woke a little after 7!!
Littly was in a good mood so I presume well rested.

We’ve also had an uneventful nanna day today and only a minor issue getting out of the bath because she didn’t want to, but she’s settled straight to sleep x
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 18:06:43 pm by Conniesmummy »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2018, 19:55:35 pm »
Awhh well done you, so happy for you. I guess you know she’s ok in there so you can go back and relax 😊x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2018, 20:30:47 pm »
Deep down I know the reality is I can’t really do anything to make her sleep longer so what’s the point in me losing sleep if she’s quiet and in her room? 🤦‍♀️

Knowing this is the easy part, trusting what I know is the hard part that fuels my anxiety. It takes a great deal of mental control to stop looking on the monitor but I know I can do it. I just have wobbles sometimes. I guess maybe this is something I have to live with now but I can manage it better these days. One time I was medicated but I don’t want to go back there so I make myself deal with it x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2018, 06:00:02 am »
I honestly would replace the monitor or switch it off at night if she’s near enough. I’d hear both my kids I’d they were upset at night.

Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2018, 18:07:38 pm »
I’m working on it 😉