Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26  (Read 44111 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 06:17:54 am »
We can only hope LL&J!!

Another hour's nw 3.30-4.30 and then up for the day at 5.45
I hate nw even more than I do 5am starts!!!!  >:(

What am I going to do with her the little monkey ;)
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 07:16:29 am »
Oh no, Lolsyb - is she teething again? Or do you think it's nap related?

DS seemed to doze on & off 5-6 then wake for milk as usual but was clearly still tired and went back to sleep around 6.30 and I'm still waiting for him to wake up.  Not sure what that is all about but not complaining!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 07:36:36 am »
I can't see anything. Her 2nd top tooth still hasn't come through so could be that on its way but could be due to the non existent naps yesterday. She's not unhappy when she wakes in the night so don't think she's in pain. Although very whingy and crying this morning but that could be tiredness?

Very jealous your lo is still asleep!!!! That's excellent! Another 1 nap day for you then.

I think I'm going to go out this morning with my friend and her lo so going to try 30/45 mins this morning before group and long pm today.
Lauren

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 09:14:19 am »
Urgh, lolsyb, I hate nws too.  Especially at that time of night (Jack's speciality) cos I find it really hard to go back to sleep afterwards.

Scottishmummy - yes, it was at roughly the point where you are now that I really pushed bedtime back to get a later WU and then fully switched to one nap.  He did get a bit OT, but by the third morning he'd started sleeping later and could catch up.  Though it sounds like your LO might already have done that today?  If so, you can probably do one nap and what you'd like a normal bedtime to be and hopefully he'll start to adjust by himself.

Offline green100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 11:08:57 am »
So DD second A time was only 2 hours and then she started to melt down. I put her down and she fussed for 40min then fell asleep at 3:40 I woke her up at 4:45. I'm noticing others would then go for a later bed time 8/8:30. We did a slightly later bedtime, she was sleeping around 7:45, instead of 7:30, but was up at 5:45. Maybe fell back asleep, I did, and we got up at 6:30. Issue with bedtime is there is also DD#1, so going through bedtime routine DD#2 started to show sleepy signs but that could just be out of habit.

Scottishmummy, 4.75 hours was the longest yet, but we'll try for a little longer. So hard to extend A times when you are soooo tired and want the rest too!

So as i write this she is bf and falling asleep. I never know what to do, should i count the A time from when she "wakes" from feeding? Should i try and put her back down? To keep her awake i would have to make loud noises and DD#1 and DH are still trying to sleep.

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 15:04:10 pm »
DS woke at 7.15 so I put him down for his nap at 12.30. I thought it was a bit early but we'd had a busy morning & also a nursery visit arranged for 2pm so I thought that would give us at least an hour before we had to set off. He woke at 1.30 but quickly resettled & I then had to wake him at 2.15 after phoning nursery to change visit to 2.30. I hate waking him but justified it to myself that I'd probably have woken him by 2.30 anyway to avoid too late a BT. Going to try for a 7.30 BT tonight & hope for a morning wu of 6 or later.

Green100, we're not BF anymore so it's a bit easier but I try to keep DS awake when he's feeding. If he does ever have a sneaky mini sleep e.g. In car or buggy I find that it doesn't change his A times, as long as I can wake him as soon as possible, although his nap might be a bit shorter.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 15:44:14 pm »
There's definitely something up with K, either under the weather or teeth. She's been very whingy all day, crying at the slightest thing.
We had 1.15 broken sleep this morning and 30 mins this afternoon in the buggy which she's just woken up from (was hoping for 45/1hr) but seems happy enough at the moment so just going to do EBT AGAIN!!

Another good day for you Scottishmummy! Hope the nursery visit went well  :)

Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 19:34:13 pm »
Poor Kitty, hope she gets back to normal soon & has better naps & nights again.

Yes, a good nap day- think we've found our first A time.  Now just trying to work out 2nd/last A time.  I assumed that DS would do at least 5hrs or more as his 2nd A is always longer but he's getting very very tired. I need to remember that he's used to bedtime or at least an AP-ed nap after around 4hrs +/-30mins A time so 5 hrs or more is actually quite a stretch for him.  Will see how he is tomorrow and maybe AP a cn if it looks like OT is building up.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 19:48:27 pm »
Bedtime was a struggle too and seemed OT again. No doubt another bad night and next 2 days at cm so by time I have fri off with her think we're going to be in a big mess!

Hope you get a good wu tomorrow. I hear lots of lo alternate between 1 and 2 days at the beginning. You'll be leaving us soon as sounds like he's cracked it  :)
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 13:32:17 pm »
Thought we'd cracked it but DS has had a nap regression- he was pretty tired this morning & in tears with exhaustion by 9. He slept at 9.15 but only for 35mins & woke crying. He's at nursery for a visit 1-3 today . I said he might need sleep around 2 but I think they'll keep him going. I think I messed up his 2nd A time & kept him up too long when I should have done EBT so he's become OT

How are the other LOs doing?

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 18:19:43 pm »
Nap regression..... Kitty's having a full on sleep regression  :'(
She's lost the plot. Won't nap, waking for 1-1.5hr in the night, still waking at 5ish even after bad nights. I don't know what to do with her. Have been trying to get her to sleep the past 45 mins as she's had 25min sleep all day but fighting it, babbling on, sitting up. Obviously chronically OT now. Have come down to breathe for a moment!

Can teething cause this much crazy behaviour?? She only has 3 teeth so we've not had much so far. She's not in a wonder week but it is that kind of crazy wired OT behaviour where she just can't seem to switch off???
At my wits end with her. Have been giving medicine but she still seems to be biting everything viciously so can it not be working???
Lauren

Offline green100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 19:28:42 pm »
Yesterday was a two short nap day, early bed time, woke today at 6:20. When i return to work in about a month she'll have to be up by 6:30 anyways, so that's pretty good.

Then DD did a great 5.5 hr A time, way longer A time then usual, but she wasn't giving any tired signs, well except at 9am, but i always ignore those. But then only slept for 1 hour, again. I keep thinking that the nap is so late in the morning that it would be a 1 nap day, but we'll have to do another nap and push back bed time. 

Wondering when the nap is occurring so late in the morning should i be capping it? It was just before noon that i put her down today.  Or am i putting her down with fingers crossed for a big nap?

2.5 weeks and we start our daycare transition, and move to a new house, then 2 weeks from then I go back to work. Hoping things are a little more clear by then! 

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 19:53:03 pm »
Lolsyb - teething caused a bit of a mess for us but now it looks like we're back to our old routine. For now i am not pushing her at all and keep offering her a morning nap around 9.30 and she wakes on her own or i wake her 40-45 mins. Today is going to be a one nap day since its almost 7am and she's still asleep. She started moving around at 6 and i was going to get her but she went back to sleep?!? So we'll shoot for one nap at 11 and hope its 2+hrs.

Could you try for shorter am, longer pm again? Or rather than doing a very late cn do an earlier bd?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 20:13:40 pm »
Hi Layla. Yes could try old routine again. At the moment she doesn't seem to be sticking to anything and is all over the place. It's so tricky when she's not with me most of the wk. I think if she was I could get her back on track quicker but the cm days just make her worse.
I've been trying on those days to get her into bed at 5.30 but by the time she finally falls asleep it's nearer 6.30.
I never realised what a control freak I was  ;) and how frustrated I feel when she doesn't sleep like she should and I can't change it!! Sometimes I wish I'd never read any baby sleep/routine books and just went with the flow!!

Glad J's back on track now  :)
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 11:47:21 am »
Lolsyb : I know every day is different but wondered if it would help to post her last few days in EASY format on the main nap board? (Or here if you prefer)   People could have a look and see if anyone can work out what might be going on & come up with some suggestions.
Big hugs x
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD