Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26  (Read 44224 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 07:02:24 am »
12hr night is great!! Don't think we've had one of those since she was about 4/5 months old!

Hopefully he'll wake up very refreshed and you can get back to your usual routine. K's back to cm today after being home with me last wk so no doubt back to chaos again!
Lauren

Offline green100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2014, 21:51:04 pm »
Weekend was messed up with dd1 3rd bday.  Yesterday she woke at 545 and I bf her back to sleep. 
Woke 7
Am nap 10:15 -12:15 which we let her do because party started at noon.
Pm nap was only about 10min which was ap'd in the car at about 4:30.
Bed at 7:30 I think she finally fell asleep at 8:45. She never needed resettling but she cried out several times in the night. 

Woke today at 545 bf back to sleep until 7. But both naps at 10:30 and 1:30 were 10min. Tried a cn at 3:30 with no success. 

What's a 10 min nap mean? She should be OT with so little sleep.  Aiming for early bed. But it's hard with the 2 kiddies when I have to do it on my own as dh works late tonight. 

Offline green100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2014, 03:39:13 am »
So last couple days her A times have been about 3 - 3.5hours, and she's been doing a 1.5hr am nap and a 1 hr pm nap. She's been taking about 30 min+ to settle to sleep at bedtime but not crying just playing. Think I'm just going to go with it and deal with the consequences once she's in daycare where they want her doing 1 nap at 12:30pm. I'd like to enjoy, as much as you we can while we are packing up and moving, the last 2 weeks I have at home. I will try and progress the A time slowly. Nothing drastic. Any other suggestions?

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2014, 16:56:08 pm »
Green - I would just do what you're doing especially if your LO is still taking good naps & sleeping ok at night. Best not to push things too much before a big change I think.

Lolsyb: Happy birthday to Kitty. Hope you & she are having a good day.

Layla: how's first week back at work & your mum in charge going?

Naps & wu time still all over the place here. Will post in more detail when I work out what might be going on!

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2014, 20:29:16 pm »
Hi Scottishmummy we've had a lovely day. Took her to a little zoo this afternoon as she's fascinated by animals at the moment.

Its crazy here too. I think the leap she's in has hit her hard. She has completely forgotten how to self settle (this has happened in a few wonder weeks) she's become very clingy, wary of people plus I think we have separation anxiety too as she doesn't like being left alone. She's waking a couple of times at night and I'm really struggling to settle her again. She often falls back to sleep after being rocked (going to deal with this prop which has started if need be after ww has finished) only to wake 5/10 mins later crying and standing up in her cot. She's then still up at 5/5.30!

Me and DH are shattered from all the broken sleep. Bring back my little girl who sttn and wakes at 5am  :'(

What's up with Ben? Could his be development do you think?

Lauren

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2014, 03:29:51 am »
Surprisingly, mum has been following my instructions and I told her to watch out for that moment when she stirs at the 45min mark and then get her and she's been doing that. I did 30min am naps a few days in a row but then went back to 45mins because she seems to be very cranky for the full A and I don't like that... so letting her have 1/2 cycle, which is much better for her mood.

Lolsyb, I would try and stop the rocking... maybe that's part of the problem? are you prepared to do wi/wo?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2014, 08:32:13 am »
Yes we often do WIWO when she's not settling but she just seems so needy at the moment and so unlike her usual self  :-\
I think we do need to make a conscious effort with it now though it's just so hard in the motn when you're so tired.

I was up with her for 2.5hrs last night (id expected a bit of a bad night as family came over early evening to give her bday presents and have tea and so she had a late CN and then was so OS by all the attention and presents) but not that bad!!! I've really noticed the past wk that the CN in the afternoon now affects how bad the NW are. I wonder if I should try 1 nap days with SEBT and see if she sleeps better then? Not sure if this CN is doing us any favours and I can never get the last A time right.

Lauren

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2014, 10:08:56 am »
sounds like what i went through with Jenny when we went through the 3-2...the late afternoon cn was doing more harm than good!!% I would definitely go for earlier bedtime hun and see if it makes things a little easier!

How soon before time change for you guys?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2014, 11:28:25 am »
Ok so I put her down for nap at 10.30 (4hr A as we had bad night) she cried hysterically for 40 mins even when in the room with her. Hope she has her usual long am nap after all that.
It's the middle of the night I can't deal with the hysterics and end up giving in but must stay strong. She's done this before and as soon as the leap finishes she goes back to normal but the app says we could have another 2.5 wks of this so can't rock for that long.

The clocks go forward 1am Sunday morning.

She fell asleep 11.10 so if she does her 2hr sleep I'm going for a 5.30 BT.  Last Sunday we had a 1 nap day and she slept 11.5 hrs straight so I'm hoping that's what she needs. The only thing that's  stopped me  is the fact she won't do a 12hr night so I don't know if it's going to work for more than 1 day as wu will just get earlier won't it?

Update
She only slept for 1.5hrs and woke at 12.45. A time was 4.45 so OT/UT? What would you do now??? 5.15 BT???
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:57:42 pm by lolsyb1982 »
Lauren

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2014, 12:01:12 pm »
Happy birthday Ben!! Hope you have a wonderful day x
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2014, 13:26:18 pm »
Thank you! Thought we were going to have an OT disaster as he woke at 5am today but he went back to sleep after 6am milk for another hour.  He went for a nap at 11.30 (party starts at 1pm) & he's still asleep now at almost 1.30! Luckily the party is at my mum's so we'll just go when he wakes & he'll hopefully be fresh for it & enjoy it.

What time did you do BT? How was your night? Hope Kitty's party goes well too x
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 19:23:35 pm »
So now are LOs are 1, should we move to the 2-1 on toddler sleep? I really thought we'd be down to 1 nap by now but a combination of illness, nursery & us going away last weekend has set us back.

When Ben's with me he'll do a long morning (4,5-5hrs A time) and not need a nap until around 11/11.30. I found yesterday that if he sleeps close to 2 hrs he can cope with 5hrs to BT then do a good 11-11.5 hr night.
I have also found that if he wakes early and I just leave him he sometimes goes back to sleep- sometimes until close to a "normal" wu time of 6.30/7.

When he's not it all goes wrong as my mum & nursery tell me that he's tired & needing sleep by 9.30 & they put him down for a sleep.  He will sleep for anything from 40mins to 1.5hrs then have another 30-40mins late afternoon, then the next morning we get really EW and no going back to sleep.  I'm thinking of asking if they can try a hush half hour at 9.30 (quiet time but not sleep) & keep him going until 11/11.30.  If not then I'll ask them to cap the first nap at 30 mins & do no more than an hour at 2.  That's what we were doing before he stretched his A times.  It does give us a 5.30 wu the next day though.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2014, 20:18:11 pm »
Wow what a few busy days it's been. Hope all UK mummies have had a lovely Mother's Day today.

Friday night was another shocker. I think I was so exhausted Saturday morning I had a meltdown and ended up in tears so mum came over to the rescue to help get the party organised and then very kindly had K overnight last night so DH and I could get a decent nights sleep.

I think she must have had a lot going on in that little head of hers. Yesterday she seemed to turn a corner and is back to self settling and no hysterics. Mum said she only woke once for 10 mins. How typical!

This weekend she has walked just holding one of my hands (only a couple of times) and also today she has stood by herself for a good while a couple of times. She's changed so much in the past few days it's amazing. She really has gone from baby to toddler!!

Also that top tooth which has been loitering for ages seems to have cut through a little more. I'm also wondering if she's having a growth spurt? She's not normally a big milk drinker but past 2 days she's been gulping it back at bedtime and wanting more!

Let's hope things settle here a little more this wk!

How was Ben's party?

Layla is J's bday this wk?

Lauren

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2014, 20:27:53 pm »
Cross post Scottishmummy!

I'm happy to move across to toddler board.

We've had a few 1.5hr naps the past few days on 4.5/4.45 but yesterday was 2hr so not sure if it needs upping. She does seem pretty tired though. Might try same A Tuesday and if another short nap then going to push for 5hr A.

Do you think he is tired for them or are they just reading his signals wrong? Can't see why he'd be tired for them so early and not you?

We're still a little way off 1 nap yet too I think. If we get a 2/2.5 hr nap we can but it's not very often she does a long night and with the clocks changing to our favour I really don't want early nights early wu again.
This 2-1 is brutal and so long. Sure the 3-2 was done and dusted in a couple of wks!!

Update
We only had 1 wake up for about 5/10 mins about an hour half after going to bed so massive improvement on the past couple of weeks but she's still doing a short night and early wu.  10hrs last night and just over that the night before. OT? I really need help getting a new routine I think as after that 1st A and nap I really have no clue anymore how long 2nd nap should be/if she should have one and how long A time is after that????

Yesterday went like this
Wu 6.20
Nap 11-12.30
Nap 3.45-4.30
BT 7.45 (tried putting down at 7 and 7.15 but cried as soon as I laid her down so assumed not ready yet. She hadn't shown any tired signs but wondering if OT?)

Any suggestions ladies or should I post on toddler board?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:53:20 am by lolsyb1982 »
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2014, 08:18:45 am »
Only thing I can think of Lolsyb, is to shorten the 2nd nap.  If DS wakes from 1st nap around lunchtime I AP a nap in buggy around 4 & wake him after 15mins (and give up if he's not asleep by 4.30) any more than 15mins and he won't go to sleep at night or wakes even earlier in the morning.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD