Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26  (Read 44229 times)

Offline green100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #26
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 12:42:07 pm »
Lolsyb, I totally agree!  I like to plan (a lot), so in my head when DD wakes up i've already got the day planned out based on approximate A times and naps. When she was younger and the routine was a little more consistent it was fine, but these days i find it quite stressful. Trying to go with the flow as much as possible.

Yesterday i tried to put her down for a cn, without succes until I AP'd it. Later bedtime. Woke this am at 6:15. Going to try for the noon nap time again....here i go planning out the day again!

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 14:17:55 pm »
Scottishmummy I did post on the EASY forum but no real response. Think I will keep note of her routine tom and the weekend and post Monday on her and nap board if still having problems. Thanks

She sttn last night and did 11.5 hours probably out of exhaustion! I also didn't need to go to work until later today so I ap'd 30mins in the car 8.45-9.15. Thought that may help and see her through until lunch and if not so OT she may have a half decent nap with cm?!

Green100 - we sound similar!!!
Lauren

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 07:13:58 am »
How did she sleep in the afternoon Lolsyb? Well done on such a great night! I hope she was in a better mood today...

We ended up doing a 1 nap day yesterday after that amazing sleep in (7.30am), which is unheard of in this house since she is almost always up by 6am. I had to go out with a friend to pick some things for her cake (which my friend is making for her 1st bday). She was starting to become a little cranky at 10.30am but I headed home soon after, gave her lunch and she was asleep by 11.30am. She slept a little over 2hrs and I put her down for the night at 6pm (I was scared to do any later). This morning back to 6am start and today 2x45min naps ::). I just put her down for the night at 6pm... can't win  :P. I'll see how she goes tomorrow and sunday on 45min nap and if she continues to pull 45min pm naps, I guess its time to cut the morning nap to 30mins.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:29:14 am by Layla »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 08:14:43 am »
She had an hour and was asleep at 6pm. Woke crying at 1am. Gave meds and still upset so tried a drink of milk. She's not a baby who will just drink it if it's being offered. She will usually just shove it away but drained the bottle (only small one) and then she calmed down and settled herself although seemed to take a while. She's not been eating/drinking as much in the day so could have been hungry?

I heard her this morning at 4.50 and then must have gone back off until 5.30.

She did seem happier yesterday but little whingy again today and once again didn't really want much breakfast. Did drink all her bottle. Teeth could explain the lack of appetite but I'm also wondering if I should drop the bottle and give breakfast first and then milk later with a snack? I know at 1 food then becomes more important than milk. What do you think?

I've got to go to london this afternoon so going for long am today so I don't have to rely on MIL putting her down.

Hope you get a long nap today Layla  :)

Lauren

Offline Layla

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:51 am »
We're still doing milk before food but I plan on switching it around soon. How many bottles is she having? We're doing 3 breastfeeds at the moment but I'll be dropping to 2 when I go back to work, which will be in a week.... so we'll do a morning and before bedtime feed. From memory we dropped the morning bottle with dd1 and 2 around this age and offered food first and milk with snack, so sounds like a good idea! If she's off her food at the moment, its likely she was hungry at night, especially if she's not one to drink it for the sake of drinking milk. She doesn't have many teeth... right? She's probably teething, poor baby. All that craziness we went through recently was due to teeth as well. Dd has 6 teeth now and I can't see anymore coming through yet so things seem to have settled, for now!

It's 7.30pm here and it was today that she took 2 short naps. I'll see how tomorrow goes :-*

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 08:36:07 am »
She's been on 2 bottles for a couple of months now (she was refusing the afternoon one so dropped and the amount she drank in the other 2 went up for a while. She's now starting to drink less at BT which is the one I want to keep for as long as possible!

Ahh yes forgot what time it was for you. Hoping its a better nap day tomorrow :)

Just had to put her down at 9. She was shattered. Asleep instantly. Fingers crossed for a good nap!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:14:33 am by lolsyb1982 »
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 10:13:59 am »
How's everyone's weekend going?

Our 2 hr+ naps last week didn't last- once he got used to new A time, DS went back to 1hr20-30. He has a meltdown if I try to push A time any more so we're back to long am/short pm again. He is ill today so off routine but when he's better I'm going to set naps at 11am & then 15 mins at 4pm. I go back to work tomorrow & DS will be with my mum 2 days, nursery 2 days and me 3 days & I think it will be easier if everyone just has a time to stick to rather than rely on others to judge A times & sleepy cues. Will try it for a couple of weeks then see what happens after clock change.

Hope you're all getting good naps and nights x
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 13:41:57 pm »
Ours is terrible. Kitty isn't well, she's been a bit off since last Sunday but since Friday she's grizzled and cried non stop almost. Yesterday she just clung to me and wouldn't let me put her down. Have had awful nights all wk but last night was horrendous! Awake 11.30-1 and then up at 4.30 and could not get her back to sleep until 8.45!!!!! Have arranged an appt at the out of hours surgery later this afternoon. Typical though as soon as I call and arrange she perks up!

Naps have been ok, some days nice long am nap and others 2 shorter ones. Hoping this passes soon and we can get back to normal. I want her sttn again!!! I can't even remember what our routine is anymore!!!

Set naps sounds like a good plan Scottishmummy. You all know where you are then and nice and consistent for lo. Hope he feels better soon x

Update
Oh poor thing has tonsillitis  :'(. No wonder she's been so unhappy and off her food. Hopefully antibiotics will kick in straight away.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 16:03:02 pm by lolsyb1982 »
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2014, 19:59:07 pm »
Oh no, poor Kitty.  Maybe that explains the disrupted nights if she's in pain with it? Hope the antibiotics kick in soon & give you a night's sleep again.

DS has a fever, off his food, tired and miserable, poor thing wanted to start his night sleep at 3.30pm today but I was scared to risk it so woke him at 5 to give him tea, medicine & bedtime routine & asleep at 7. It's my first day back at work tomorrow so hoping the meds last the night.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2014, 20:23:16 pm »
Yes does explain the bad nights. I'm not going to work tomorrow so hopefully can get some decent naps in and again Tuesday and hopefully will see some nighttime imrprovent.

Kitty was tired at 4pm. I tried putting her to bed at 4.30 and was going to leave her for the night but either so OT or feeling rubbish I couldn't get her to sleep until 6.20. OT probably as we had to wake her after an hr this afternoon to go to the doctors.

I hope your lo feels better in the morning being so you have work. Is he with your mum tom?
Lauren

Offline Layla

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2014, 03:17:24 am »
So many hugs to Kitty...poor sweetheart!

Scottishmummy - good idea to go back to 2 naps... you don't want him in a total ot mess ;)

We're plodding along with short am/long pm. We went out yesterday (2hr drive) and I left J with mum. I told her to wake her up at 10am and we have access to the video monitor from our mobile so I asked DH to check and she was still asleep at 10:05 so at 10:07, I called the house and the phone woke her up and mum said she decided to take a nap and thought she'd wake up in time! Today, mum said (for the Nth time)..."I really don't think you should be waking her up in the morning... you need to let her sleep till she wakes on her own" >:(... I just don't know how many times I can explain the 2-1 to her... she doesn't remember a thing about it and there was no such thing as nap transitions in her days. Mum is going to ruin it for me, I can just see it :(

Offline green100

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2014, 14:20:24 pm »
Knock on wood we've been well here for the last month, but i expect that to change with the transition to daycare in 2 weeks. It totally throws a wrench in to whatever progress you've made. Hope all the babies are well and back on track soon.

DD seemed to be tolerating longer A times and then this week she's been tolerating progressively shorter A times and waking up earlier too. Today up at 4:45, i was so tired that i caved shortly there after and bf and she went back to sleep until 6:45. But she was exhausted by 9:30, normally i wouldn't put her down for her nap this early, but i couldn't even distract her anymore she just kept whinning. Fell asleep in minutes.

As of yesterday she is only getting bf at wake up and bed time. So she may actually have been hungry. I'll have to encourage more food and milk intake today. And of course there's always teething, she has 4 teeth but hasn't had one in 3 months and ican see her gum is swollen.

Our daycare provider has requested that she be on their schedule, which is one nap starting at 12:30. A morning nap will be given if absolutely necessary. Not feeling like we are anywhere close to that now.

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2014, 16:09:58 pm »
We had those early wakings before she became unwell. They're dreadful aren't they!
My cm does a 12.30 nap and sorry to say it's completely screwed up her routine!

I wonder even if they're not ready for it will their bodies adjust fairly quickly ish or will the OT just keep going for some time??

Am trying to build K's A times back up. We was at 4.5 before being poorly and today have got her to 4h before 1st nap. Hopefully she will be feeling better as we have a bday party this weekend and it's her bday next wk!!! Don't want a poorly bday girl!
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2014, 15:22:47 pm »
Another one with reduced A times here- Our routine has gone completely haywire thanks to a combination of illness and starting nursery.  A times & naps are now both short and bed & wake times are all over the place. DH & I are going to a wedding this weekend so Ben will have 2 days and nights at my mums so no doubt routine will be even more messed up when we get back  :(

Hope the birthday part goes well, Lolsyb - what start time did you go for?

How is J doing with your mum looking after her, Layla? I have friends who can't understand waking a baby from a nap & look at me in horror when I say I do it.  But they have babies who, at 15 months, can sleep 3-5pm and still go to bed at 7 and sleep for 12 hours! I can't even imagine it.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2014, 17:25:51 pm »
We had a shorter nap today on the reduced A time so going to extend again tomorrow hopefully back to 4.5hrs. Last night was the best night we've had in a wk and she woke for 5 mins at 3am although as soon as the nights are more settled along come the ew and was up at 5.20 this morning. I'm not complaining as long as the nights are sorted  :P

How short have his naps been at nursery Scottishmummy? Have they got a different routine for him to yours?
We went for 1.30 in the end for party. You? I can't believe your friends babies still sleep that much at 15mos!!! Must be hsn?

Enjoy your wedding. Hopefully your mum will stick to the plan. Maybe if she doesn't wake him up and then can't get him to bed the first night she'll wake him the next?!
Lauren