Author Topic: i need some support!  (Read 11950 times)

Offline louis-mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
  • Louis - the bestest (and now a school) boy!
Re: i need some support!
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2010, 19:37:57 pm »
If she is happily in bed at 7.30pm and goes to sleep without any fuss sometime later then i'd be happy with that.

Louis is often awake for a little while (last night he was 'doing his exercises' waving his little arms and legs around in bed LOL :D) and when he was younger i always thought he slept better with a good wind down alone in bed.

Rather than thinking she is UT my initial thought was that she's not OT, which is good iykwim ?
Laura

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2010, 20:05:18 pm »
'ok, so do i cut the nap to 1 hr to get a 7.30 bedtime but i really am reluctant to be cutting the nap after last times fiasco!!
Yeah but last time you weren't just cutting it a bit or on the odd occasion but loads and all the time!  However, I can't talk about nap cutting can I?!

I know what you mean about the bedtime, I hate DS being in bed at a certain time and taking ages to fall asleep - it drives me nuts! I guess cos I can't relax properly until he's asleep.
LAURA xx

Offline LucySol

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2010, 20:29:47 pm »
oooh i dont know where to go from here!!

Another gr8 night! 7.40-6.35,nap at 1pm,went to sleep no probs but i had to wake her at 2.20pm to get a 7.30 bedtime.But,bedtime was a joke,chatting,singing,protesting till 8pm when she went to sleep.My gut says its that nap time but as she wont nap earlier what do i do.
im so reluctant to cut that nap but if i want a 7.30 bedtime i may have to.i really dont want to get into a later bedtime.My ds is whacked by 7.30 after a long day at school so she is keeping him awake with her cot parties ::)

been as she fell asleep at 8.00 i hav adjusted her timer coming on from 6.30 to 6.45am as i dont want the lights to come on and wake her if she is still sleeping after falling asleep so late..

Offline babybarr

« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2010, 20:41:46 pm »
This is the problem we had with moving the nap to 1pm.  Bedtime was then a joke.  Aside from our NWs we then had late nap late bed and even with a shorter nap we still had delayed bedtime...

Could you do a 1hr nap on a good nights sleep at 1pm and then if she wakes early a longer nap slightly earlier...

The other option is to wake her in the morning :P  Kidding LOL!!
LAURA xx

Offline LucySol

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2010, 20:44:39 pm »
Good plan Laura,i think thats my only option ::) if she seems to be getting a bit OT i can let her nap a bit longer.im just gutted to be waking her from her nap...wish there was another option! :-\

Offline babybarr

« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2010, 20:47:58 pm »
im just gutted to be waking her from her nap...wish there was another option!
Know the feeling...
LAURA xx

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2010, 17:36:50 pm »
Ok, not sure if this will help or not, but after the time change in the U.S., it took my daughter (18 mo) several days to get back to a decent bedtime.  She has had a 7 pm bedtime pretty much from birth, with the every so often early night from a short nap.  But even if she didn't nap long that first week after the time change, she wouldn't fall asleep until 8 pm (the old 7).  She's now back on track at night.  Since you don't really want to cut the nap, could you give it a few more days and see if she eventually comes back to about 7:30?

Offline LucySol

« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2010, 08:57:06 am »
Katie-its def something to think about the time change messing with her body clock.whatever it is i cant figure it out at the moment!

yesterday she was awake for 6.30 nap at 1-2pm i woke her.in bed for 7.30,messed about again but fell asleep for 7.45 ish and woke at 7am this morning!!
Now that is gr8 but what the hell do i do with todays nap!? i would think 1.30-2.30 but no way is she going to go to bed for 7.30pm!
is cutting to 45 mins the way to go?? that scares me!

im still not sure if the messing about at bedtime is UT or bodyclock from the time change.How can she not be ready for bed 5.5 hrs after a 1 hr nap??
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:59:30 am by Lucysol137 »

Offline MLK

• Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2010, 11:23:55 am »
What about 1:15-2:15 nap and 7:45pm bedtime?

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2010, 11:44:15 am »
Lucy - J is messing me about at bedtime as well this week. He has always done 5ish hrs after his nap then fallen right to sleep. But this week it has been 30+ mins of messing about and calling me back again. I can't really believe he had added 30 mins extra A overnight so am currently blaming it on the time change.

Offline LucySol

« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2010, 11:47:32 am »
i think it must be that Liz,especially if j is doing it too.its so frustrating isnt it..i just want her to go to sleep!

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2010, 11:58:11 am »
It is driving us mad as it means we are having dinner later etc etc etc. Plus it is just no fun fighting at bedtime.

Last night was a little bit better (same time delay but less actual fighting) so hopefully it will settle again soon  ::).

Offline LucySol

« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2010, 12:48:25 pm »
Battle at naptime again!! eventually gave up at 1.40 (with milk..again!) Any ideas what to do? if i do an hour it will be after 8 b4 i can even try. should i wake her at 2,20pm? thats 40 mins which will help to geta 7.30 bedtime? its not long to nap tho!

if this carries on im going to have to just bite the bullet and shorten her nap to preserve her bedtime.

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2010, 12:55:40 pm »
Why don't you just give her 45 mins? No other option I guess  :-\.

Offline LucySol

« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:02 pm »
ok! will do that! ;D