Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33967 times)

Offline lily528

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 19:28:43 pm »
choc...so far today she did 1.5 hrs this morning and has just gone down for nap two about 20 mins ago...so hoping for a good hour on this one  ;)

zacmumme...that sounds fantastic...good luck..i often feel i jinx myself to whenever i say anything lol
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 20:25:05 pm »
Good morning nap, well done!

Sara, I can't wait to get to that! 
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 20:44:07 pm »
1 hr pm nap...yay!  i can totally live with that.  :0
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 20:47:02 pm »
Well done!  Glad its going well!
Gemma

Offline Mama_Mia

• Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 01:58:27 am »
welcome new mummy...

I read your post and had to chime in as my DS was the exact same way. He woke every 2 hours at night, every single night and I was so exhausted all the time. So I know exactly how you feel. What worked for us, was a drastic increase in A times.  My DS was only 8 months at the time but I jumped his A time by an hour. I did this by really watching him for tired signs and when I thought he might be tired I tried switching activities to see if he really wanted bed or just do something different. It ended up that he really needed an A of 4 hours. It took about 4 days of being consistent but he finally started sleeping better, not great mind you but we were down to 2-3 nw's and they didnt last very long. Then when I moved him up to 5 hr A's at 8.5 months we finally got down to 1 NW. Now that he is almost 11 months, his A's have decreased to 4.5 hrs and we still get 1 quick NW. Stick with the wonderful ladies on here and I'm sure you'll get lots of great advice.

Offline new mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 07:00:10 am »
Hi mums

Thank u all for just reading my post. Honestly cant describe how utterly exhausted and confused I feel at times, bt am pretty sure there are other mummies out there like me.

Will today try and drastically xtend out his A time, he can go for 4hours I know as he's done it before, I just need to entertain him and really whind him down the last 30mins before his head hits the pillow.

Last night he woke 4 times roughly during the night, but nearly had an EW at 5.30, bought him into bed next to me and he fell asleep until 7am as usual.

We live in the Middle East, so its always so HOT and cant take him out to parks or walking etc unless its in a mall.  He can stay awake for much longer when outside or in playgroups, but its when we are home all day that he struggles to stay awake. Anyway, am pretty sure that he's sleeping far too much during naps, so will extend out the morning A time and cap it at 45mins/1hr and then let him take a nap as usual in the PM and let him sleep no longer that 1hr30mins. Will do this for three days and see how it goes. 

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 12:34:26 pm »
A 2nd sttn in a row..never had that before!  Trying not to get too excited though you never know.  She did however wake at 6the again...blah...BUT I am thinking I am not getting the long 12 hr night because she is finally getting more day sleep...so I got an 11 hr night which is still good and even more the average than the 12 hr from what I understand anyway....is that right?  So if we are doing 11 hr nights and getting 2.5 hrs of day sleep then i'd say we are doing well no?  Not to mention no NW'S (if that continues)

So my question is if she continues down this path should I extend the BT a bit so the 11 hrs brings me a little later into the morning?  Last night I had her down around 6:45 and she fell asleep closer to 7:15...was just playing mostly then settled down and went to sleep.  The thing is when I have her ASLEEP by 6:30 she will usually sleep 12 or so hrs but usually with a NW most nights....

Just kind of afraid to extend the BT when all is going well minus waking at 6 am..what do you all think? How can I maintain the sttn and long naps but try to get a later wake up?  Man I sound greedy LOL but hey why is it one or the other?  Not fair...the EW are mostly hard because I have to wake at 5-5:30 just to be able to get ready for the day cause once she's up she is very high maintenance and clingy and makes all that near impossible :/u. Sorry so long...thanks for reading ;)
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 18:55:27 pm »
Hi Melissa, congrats on the 2 sttn!  In my opinion I really wouldn't change anything at the moment, firstly so as not to rock the boat just yet and secondly to see if she extends her nights herself as Aidan just that.  He started sttn but instead of a 7am wake up he had a 5.50 wake up!  It gradually got later over the next 2 weeks until it went to 6.50/7  - thank god!
Gemma

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 20:12:22 pm »
Hey all

Took me awhile to realize we switched threads-duh.

Anyways yesterday I pushed F 5hr.15 and she slept 1hr17straight and then I got her down quickly for another sleep cycle so she did about 2hrs. We did and EBT at 6:30 and she slept without a peep until 5:45 which is better than it's been in awhile.
So it looked like this
wu-5:45 (a few short NWs)
Nap-11-12:17 and then extended until 1pm (AT-5hr15)
BT-6:30 (At-5.5hr)

Today I went from 5:45 until 11:07 and she napped for 1.5hrs straight but I tried for almost 40 mins to get her back to sleep and she would lie down and be quiet and then either sit up or start talking.
Now I'm not sure what to do. There is no way I'm putting her down for BT at 5:30 so I need to sneak a nap in there but I really don't want her day to get too long (like 14 hrs long), nor do I want to battle with her for 30 minsif she's UT.... any suggestions? Before yesterday I was doing A times of around 4.5hrs but that was by the clock and not neccessarily by her cues.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 21:44:08 pm »
Choc you are right good point... she slept 1 hour and 20 minutes this morning and 1 hour and 20 minutes this afternoon however the pm now brought her to waking at 440 her usual bedtime is 630 which is not even a 2 hour A from her afternoon nap today should I try her at 7 or is that even too early? I never thought I would have a problem like this lol and she was woken at 4:40!  I wonder how long she would have slept .... crazy
<3 Melissa

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 22:29:16 pm »
new mummy, I would let him sleep as long as he likes in the PM personally. If he does sleep 2hours then you know you can cap that AM nap at 30mins and bring the PM nap forward. I found when I capped both of Zs naps it confused him and he would then wake at this time (ie1.5hours) all the time even when I wanted him to start sleeping longer.

Ideally once the short nap is dropped you just want one lovely long lunchtime nap. :) Let us know how you get on! :-*

How can I maintain the sttn and long naps but try to get a later wake up?  Man I sound greedy LOL but hey why is it one or the other?
You really need to either push forward the entire day 10mins for say a week, then 10 more etc and hope your WU follows. Or you hang in there like Choc says and as that AM nap gets later and she adjusts her WU should also get later.

Today I went from 5:45 until 11:07 and she napped for 1.5hrs straight but I tried for almost 40 mins to get her back to sleep and she would lie down and be quiet and then either sit up or start talking
We used to get this too. For Z 1.5 hour naps are usually a touch UT or teething pain. I also could not get a CN in the cot, but found a late PM drive would help him to nod off, I would give him 20-30mins then a 2hr A to BT. TO help him to nod off I would take his lovey in the car and his paci. HTH Good luck hun! x

Lily I would try either a 3hr A to BT maybe? We tend to have a fixed BT here (within reason) to keep the day consistant. If you always have done this in the past she may go down at her usual time +30mins or so. For example we have a 6.30-7.15pm BT and if I really need it I give Z an EBT no earlier than 6pm. No matter what he is always in his cot at 7.15 at the latest even if he mucks around ::)

***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 23:01:47 pm »
Today I went from 5:45 until 11:07 and she napped for 1.5hrs straight but I tried for almost 40 mins to get her back to sleep and she would lie down and be quiet and then either sit up or start talking
We used to get this too. For Z 1.5 hour naps are usually a touch UT or teething pain. I also could not get a CN in the cot, but found a late PM drive would help him to nod off, I would give him 20-30mins then a 2hr A to BT. TO help him to nod off I would take his lovey in the car and his paci. HTH Good luck hun! x

Well I decided to go pick up my Dh today from work and we got caught in traffic and DD STILL did not go to sleep! She was happy as a clam, pointing at things, making funny noises, etc. She only started to complain once she was getting hungry. Can't figure her out! Cross your fingers for BT!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 01:08:33 am »
Wow I am beyond excited over my 1.5 hr naps and its so crazy to see this is considered a short or UT nap for some...crazy how things vary for all of us...lol

I put her down around 7:15..asleep by 7:45 I was just afraid to make it too late...like you zacmumme...we are at a pretty set BT 6:30-7 and as discussed earlier didn't want to rock the boat with things being so good lately...curious to see what happens from here....
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 01:40:06 am »
Wow I am beyond excited over my 1.5 hr naps and its so crazy to see this is considered a short or UT nap for some...crazy how things vary for all of us...lol

Well my 1.5hr nap was all my LO took today and I'm pretty sure went to bed OT as she did a 6.5hr A time in the PM. *sigh* ::)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 04:09:42 am »
Its only considered this if you are on a 1 nap day. 1.5 is great for a 2 nap day :)

***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.