Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33941 times)

Offline greenteamomma

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2011, 16:27:21 pm »
Craziness here, pleasehelp!!!   
Lo resists pm naps when even the morning is cut so today let her sleep because she was exausted from yesterday.  With some shhing, she slept till 7.30 so 12.15hrs.
Put her down at11.45, babble babble babble. Its 12.30 now, stillbabbling?  Ok I get ot but aping wont work either.  I picked her up and she giggles (yesterday).  Thoughts please?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2011, 17:57:38 pm »
How long was your Los first a before all this. Any developmental things at play?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline greenteamomma

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2011, 18:08:36 pm »
Teeth and some serious eczema scratching makes it hard to give you a good answer.  She was always on the high side then was teething forever, 6 weeks.  During that time she was short for her age, maybe 3.25.  Now 4 hrs might give us a nap. Maybe not so we just cut the am nap today.  Yesterday she went down early and was APed at daycare and refused her pm nap for 4.5 of a  time and then slept 30 mins.  Bt was after 3.5.  She slept 12.5hrs.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2011, 18:32:58 pm »
Also in a mess here today :(  BT was 745pm, took until 815pm to settle to sleep.. STTN but woke screaming at 545am.  I am thinking teeth - she has a hugely bubbled up tooth right next to one of her top centre ones now.  Was awake until approx 630am and finally went back to sleep, woken by the damn cat at 725am!  No real tired signs but I figured that the 45 mins she was awake this morning would reduce her first A time a bit... she is so unsettled/clingy today so I AP'd her AM nap at 11am... sleeping now with no idea when she will wake - she may have been UT... ugh.

==========
So, I guess she wasn't UT for this nap... she went down at 11am... it's 1:27pm and she is still asleep!  This doesn't bode well for the day :/  It might be a 20 min CN this evening!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 20:27:17 pm by *Kara* »

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2011, 03:28:21 am »
Well last night BT was 7pm sttn but up at 5:01 am!  I thought hell no...I went in and nursed..again attempting to treat it like a NW...got her asleep around 5:45..up at 6:20..repeated same b2s within a few mins..I could tell that would happen and she slept til 7:30!  Wahoo man did she need that. But then she took her first nap at around 11:10...slept 40 mins.. guessing UT but wasn't sure with all that broken sleep this morning ....then pd for pm nap at 2:45...she was very whiny and falling apart so I thought with the short a.m. nap she may need a short A...well she FINALLY fell asleep around 3:25 for 30 mins ...ugh I got it all wrong today :(  except I won the EW battle ...let's hope she does it on her own tomorrow!  BT was 6:45 tonight...so fingers crossed for a 12hr sttn followed by some good naps!
.+
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2011, 03:41:14 am »
Yikes Melissa!  Tomorrow is another day!  I think I say that more than i would like these days ;)

We had a one nap day!  Woke at 545 with teething pain, back to sleep at 630, woken by the stupid cat at 725.  Nap 11am - 215pm!!!  OMG!  So it wasn't very BW of me, but with a kid who tends to a 10 hr night, I pushed her as far as I could... she did really well!!  Her melon hit the mattress at 754pm and I think she was asleep at 755pm - certainly before I managed to get out of the room!  It's 840pm and haven't heard a thing.. I fully expected a 45 min holler - nope!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2011, 04:21:30 am »
That is a mega nap Kara. We got some mega naps around A's age when I think back. They were on and off for a few weeks, or even longer but then came back to normal. As one offs you may find A does well on them, we would do 1nap days when Z did that, then 2nap days if not and it worked well.

ATM we are pretty much doing
WU 7
Nap 11-1.30
BT 6.30 but Z is unwell still so I suspect once he is better it will be more like this

WU 7
Nap 12 for 2+ hours
BT 5 hours after WU

(HUGS) Melissa, I hate those days... :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2011, 10:31:15 am »
Wow you both seem to have a good thing going!  So far she was asleep by 6:45 last night.....up at 5:40 (later than usual but still mega early, especially with the lack of sleep yesterday)  nursed and back in crib by 5:50....had to go back in around 6:10..back in crib by 6:15....sleeping now. Just trying to catch her up and get out of these 5 something wakings. They are intolerable.  I def need to find a good later BT for her I think to combat these "EW' but hard to do when she is barely napping :(
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2011, 13:35:22 pm »
Melissa-what do you do in the middle of the night if she wakes? Do you nurse her back to sleep then? The reason I ask is that I'm finding for my DD, that I have to treat the EWs as NWs and continue to do the sleep training then too, otherwise she was starting to not go back to sleep at her EWUs.

However your version of a EW is my idea of a good start! Lol ;)

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2011, 18:08:29 pm »
I'm fine with any wake time after 6am... and we have an 8pm BT here!  I rarely get a night longer than 10-10.5 hrs. 

I would venture to say that yesterday was our first "successful" 1 nap day!  Very little crankiness - just a 30 min window around 6-630pm... and even that was just general fussiness/frustration.  I kept everything low key after that point until bath time at 730... she was down for the night at 755pm.  Zero NW and zero cry-outs!  Woke at 615am, dozed in her crib until 630am then hollered for me to come get her... she had pooped so I don't blame her for hollering ;)  Did things around the house this morning and she just tagged along after her morning play session and breakfast with DH... kept a close eye on her from about 10am... I was doing some dishes in the kitchen and she went quiet behind me on the floor - she had laid down on the kitchen floor LOL!  Bless her.  So up to her room we went with her bottle... closest she has come to being fed to sleep in ages!  Had to wake her a couple times to finish up... then popped her in the crib - babbled for about 5 mins and was asleep.  That was 10 mins ago... fingers crossed for a good long nap!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2011, 18:15:41 pm »
Really?  5- 5:30 is good to u?  Yes I do the same...treating it like a NW has gotten her b2s the last 2 mornings ....today she was up for the day at 6:30...I watched her and pd at 11:20 and she slept for 1 hr 20mins..so up at 12:40 ..where should I go from here u think?   Try for a CN? What time if so?
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2011, 18:19:38 pm »
I would try for a CN around 5pm, no more than 20-30 mins though.  That should get you to a BT of 730-8pm.

Melissa - I survived 3 months of 5am wake ups ;)

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2011, 18:34:26 pm »
Melissa- no I meant when you bf her at 6:20 and put her back down.  For us that would be a great start. ;)

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2011, 18:36:53 pm »
Oh...she only laid there 10 mins lol...it was the 5-5:30 I am trying to avoid :/
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2011, 18:51:29 pm »
I hate to say this, b/c I just went through the same thing, but I think until you wean the feeding to sleep, you're going to continue to have some problems, regardless if you have a great routine. Blah. I know, it sucks. But I just did it and it was hard, but I got to sleep in until 6:50 this morning....if that helps. ::)